PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good combat combo?

Gunfighter.45
01-01-08, 01:02
What do you guys think?
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u57/gunfighter308/AR15.jpg

01-01-08, 01:16
You lose one combat point if your castle nut isn't staked.

GastonG-NoVa
01-01-08, 02:12
+1 for each:

Glock 21sf
Mag-pul stock and grip
Extra pistol mags
P-mags

-1 for anything Eotech........Not a question if it will fail...it is when will it fail. Every lengthy shooting session we saw somebody's Eotech fail.....it happened more often than not.

Other than that, just make sure a smith goes over it to ensure everything is staked properly.

Best of luck

Patrick Aherne
01-01-08, 02:35
Get rid of that floppy nylon holster and get a Safariland 6004, dithc the three-point sling, get some training and get that stuff dirty! Otherwise, I'd say you did fine.

jacketch
01-01-08, 10:31
Holster, sling, Eotech.

The only thing I will add is "get a light";)

p.s. nice guns.

toddackerman
01-01-08, 10:41
After several years running an EOTech, and now switching to the Aimpoint CompM3, I'd say it was well worth the effort and money. My EOTech DID go down twice. They blamed it on faulty Battery Springs and replaced the Battery Cover that included stiffer springs. This being said, there have been too many reports of problems for me.

Also, the 3 point sling needs to go. It just gets in the way of manipulating the bolt release and charging handle. Like many, I prefer the Vickers 2 Point Sling WITHOUT the QD feature at the front, and 2 QD swivels. Grant has a special run of these at Gandrtactical.com

IF you holster is staying put, and you can easily and "Cleanly" (without grabbing straps etc.) grab the weapon, then I think you're OK with it, but there are better choices IMHO.

Cold Zero
01-01-08, 10:58
Does anyone when when Eotech will be coming out with the revision that will replace the "F" revision?

Maybe the next version will allow greater battery life and correct some of the other battery related issues?

paradoc
01-01-08, 11:16
Add a light to the carbine, and swap that Glock for a Sig 226 and I would be ok with that rig.

Good looking guns.......

Federale
01-01-08, 11:47
Looks pretty good to me. I know a lot of guys who are running the Eotech professionally (including me) and we haven't encountered many problems with them. The shorter battery life doesn't particularly concern me because I'm not deployed to a place where I can't perform periodic maintenance to my rifle or run down to the convenience store and buy new batteries.

I prefer a two point sling to the three and prefer a Safariland drop leg holster to the nylon one (looks like a Blackhawk holster to me), but go with what works for you. Frankly, unless you're wearing body armor, then I don't see the point of a drop leg holster, but maybe you've got body armor. ;)

Gunfighter.45
01-01-08, 12:27
Here's another pic of the other side.
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u57/gunfighter308/DSCN0106.jpg

Stickman
01-01-08, 12:39
Get rid of that floppy nylon holster and get a Safariland 6004, ditch the three-point sling, get some training and get that stuff dirty! Otherwise, I'd say you did fine.

Same thoughts here.

Go run 1,000 rounds through it and see how she does. Without a list of non-visible parts, and knowing a little more about the weapon, we are guessing.

C4IGrant
01-01-08, 12:42
This stuff is really about personal preference and nothing else. What really needs to be looked at is the internals of the AR. Meaning, is everything properly staked, and the correct amount of torque applied? Are the components quality?

For me personally, about the only thing I would change is the sling. Go with a two point (like the BFG Vickers) or a quality single point.

Another thing that really makes a good "combat combo" is quality training. Having good tools won't do you any good if you don't know how to use them properly.

C4

Dave L.
01-01-08, 13:19
Lose the Mag Cinch. I had one fail me in a fire fight. My adrenaline must have been pumping so hard when I did a reload, the Mag Cinch slipped and would not lock the new mag in place. I know I had those mags "cinched" about as tight as they would go. If carrying an extra mag in the gun is important to you; spend the dough on a RediMag.

Do like Grant says, dump the 3pt. Sling and get the Vickers, or VT/LT 2pt. (if you wont be wearing tons of gear above your waist). Or a good single pt. will work better than a 3pt.

Sam
01-01-08, 13:53
Like others said:
Ditch the 3 point sling and get a Vickers sling.
Ditch the nylon airsoft holster, get a real one.
Take a class from Larry Vickers.

1SFG
01-01-08, 15:13
others have stated the obvious - sling and holster. no complaints with the eotech, though if you want a set it and forget it deal, the aimpoint wins out for battery life. but otherwise an eotech served me well in astan, and that same model continues to serve me well here in iraq. try the others, but pick one and run with it. besides, considering the cost of these things and your anticipated use of the sight - is it worth replacing. don't let CDI drive your selection.

rayray
01-01-08, 17:06
I love My EOtech, Used it at a weapons course(2 Weeks) and it never failed Me. I also own a Aimpoint Comp M2 which has never failed.

RogerinTPA
01-01-08, 22:49
Ditto with the sling and the holster. +1 on Eotech. I'd get a few more mags for both pistol and carbine just for shits and giggles (and if a DEM gets into office again). ;)

ebisu
01-02-08, 05:13
The sling isn't bad if you practice with it. I don't use a three point but some of my guys do. I would add a light if you plan on using it at night or indoors at all. The Eotechs in my platoon have all failed due to rough handling. But they are great sights.

Sam
01-02-08, 05:51
He's got a light.

Kurt Reifert
01-02-08, 07:47
The obvious question would be; What's the mission?

Failure2Stop
01-02-08, 11:37
It really depends on what you are using the tools for, they may fit your requirements, but for mine, and mine alone, I would grade you like this-

-1 for EoTech
-1 for folded BUIS
-1 for El-Cheapo Three Point Sling
-1 for Pentagon light with ARMS lever
-1 for BH! Holster
-1 for tape-switch
-1 for MagCinch