PDA

View Full Version : BCG For my Build

aceofspades991
03-26-12, 13:52
Hi everyone,

I ordered all my parts for my first ar build (I suppose is not a "build" per-say, cuz I'm ordering an assembled upper and lower).

I ordered to 16" mid-length upper with the standard a2 sights and no grips, a blemished lower and a gunfighter charging handle.

As you may have noticed, the one thing I don't have is my bolt carrier group. I was ready to order last night but decided "I'd sleep on it" and review my budget one last time, I woke up this morning did just that and went to order, and to my dismay they went out of stock over night :suicide: lol.

I'd like to keep everything BCM for the sake of uniformity and resale value, but I also don't want to wait a real long time for them to come back. Are there any comparable quality/priced BCG's that anyone would recommend? I looked at LMT or Noveske but I wanted people's opinion, or, if the BCM BCG's are back in stock soon, I'll just go with that.

Thanks for any input!
Ace.

matemike
03-26-12, 14:02
I've had zero problems with my Daniel Defense BCG.

ASH556
03-26-12, 14:24
I'd keep it all BCM if I were you. There's not anything wrong with DD stuff (that's what I prefer and use) but if everything else is BCM, I'd keep it that way 'cause I like for stuff to match.

Iraqgunz
03-26-12, 14:30
This is not a Custom Build Topic.

aceofspades991
03-26-12, 14:36
Thanks for the replies. I too would like to have it match, but I also wouldn't mind getting good BCG for now and ordering BCM when I can that way I have a backup.

Sorry irangunz... Thanks for moving it.

3 AE
03-26-12, 15:05
Did you sign up for BCM's email notification when it comes back in stock? It's a nice feature that let's you get the jump on something when it's in stock again. BCM's BCG has been in and out of stock so fast it's hard to keep up even with the recent $10.00 increase. I'd jump on it as soon as you get notified.

Split66
03-26-12, 15:13
Yeah definetely have them e-mail you...... Can't go wrong with DD, BCM, or the LMT carriers/groups. If you do go with the LMT route be aware they typically show up to your doorstep dirty as they are fire tested before they leave.

If you cant wait I know Rainier Arms has the DD BCGs in stock, I've been looking for a new F/A carrier group myself for an AR I'm workin on.......

Good luck with your new toy!

F_G
03-26-12, 20:00
I was just on their site and they show back in stock.......better hurry!

aceofspades991
03-26-12, 20:26
I saw that. I will when I get home.

usmcvet
03-26-12, 21:11
The LMT BCG in my BCM gun runs perfect and looks just fine.

Joethe33
03-26-12, 21:18
http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=BCG-BCM Has them in stock.

TonyTacoma
03-26-12, 21:36
http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=BCG-BCM Has them in stock.

No he don't ;)

Taco45
03-26-12, 21:51
BCM has them in stock.

aceofspades991
03-26-12, 22:05
Thanks for all the suggestions!

As everyone have pointed out, BCM BCGs are now in stock, so i got one. The only problem is they shipped my stuff to fast :P I was gonna email them to see if they'd combine the order, but the one from this morning had already shipped! I'm impressed already.