PDA

View Full Version : IOR 2x12x32 on Larue Stealth Receiver Shoots WAY Low

rocketman
01-01-08, 10:29
Equipment

IOR 2x12 mounted with short IOR rings and a Larue 5/8" Riser on a Larue Stealth Billet receiver.

I just moved this optic set up over from a standard A4 upper, (Stag I believe)

I had a hell of a time getting it on paper until I realized it was shooting much lower when mounted on the Larue upper than when mounted on the Stag A4. I moved to 25 yrds and I ended up having to add 104 1/4" clicks up from the Stag setting to get it in the black. That puts it right at the max elevation setting. That doesn't seem right does it?

I moved it back over to the Stag to confirm (yup 104 clicks difference), plus checked to be sure nothing is loose etc

I'm pretty new to shooting with optics so any advice or comments would be appreciated.

threebanger
01-01-08, 14:00
I'm new to the forum but it sounds like you just need to slip your rings for the mount (although 104 clicks does seem extreme unless the mounting angles are that different). Most manufacturers have instructions in the manuals or on their websites. When I switched my S&B SD/LT QD from one weapon to another I had to slip it the full 24.5 minutes from zero (I think) of elevation to re-zero the new weapon.

rocketman
01-01-08, 14:30
I'm new to the forum but it sounds like you just need to slip your rings for the mount. Most manufacturers have instructions in the manuals or on their websites.

What does slip my rings mean?

I'm using the same Larue 5/8" Riser mount and same rings?

The obvious difference (I think) might be that the flat top rail on the Larue receiver is taller/shorter than the rail on the Stag receiver?

threebanger
01-01-08, 14:45
What does slip my rings mean?

I'm using the same Larue 5/8" Riser mount and same rings?

The obvious difference (I think) might be that the flat top rail on the Larue receiver is taller/shorter than the rail on the Stag receiver?

it's easier to show than explain but basically you're zeroing the weapon & then removing the top half of the elevation adjustment turret & slipping it back to 0 before reinstalling it.