PDA

View Full Version : Interstate Transportation Form

CarlosDJackal
03-27-12, 16:26
The ATF requires that you must have an approved ATF Form 5320.s "Application to Transport Interstate" form before you can transport your NFA item out of the state. But I remember reading somewhere that if you are not planning on keeping said NFA item out of your state overnight AND the state you are traveling to allows such items (IE: SBR, SBS, etc.); you do not need this form.

For example, if I were to take my Registered SBR into an adjacent state that allows SBRs to shoot for the day (ie: target shooting, competition, etc.) and I return to my home state for the same day I won't need to submit a 5320.2. Has anyone heard the same or can corroborate or dispute this information? TIA.

TACAV
03-27-12, 17:59
You need the form completed and approved even if it is just for a day. Anytime you take it out of your home state. Need it for Destructive Devices, SBRs, SBS, and machine guns.

fixit69
03-27-12, 18:15
This. And go ahead and copy the NFA handbook, highlight the areas where it pertains to what your carrying/transporting.

It's been said before and I can't stress it enough, most ATF agents don't even know the whole story. Imagine Barney in BFE. Not all police are ignorant of the NFA but I have found the majority are, or have been misinformed to the point where a routine stop could bevome a real nightmare.