PDA

View Full Version : Any word if the M&P 45 Mid Pistols are Good To Go.

davebee456
03-27-12, 18:56
Any word if the M&P 45 Mid Pistols are Good To Go.

I have read about the QC and accuracy issues with the 9mm pistols and I am kind of scared to get one in .45acp now.

I had a m&p45 fde with the thumb safety but i sold it for an hk a year ago...I guess I miss it and want to get another one.

Thanks.

JHC
03-27-12, 18:59
Those pistols have a superb reputation.

ovlov28
03-27-12, 19:30
http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=45724

Good thread on the subject. I like the ergo's on the M+P's they are very good, I just have not been able to get my shooting dialed in with one.

I am GTG with my XD45, 1911, and P22..... I just cannot make a M&P work in my hands, I have tried both the 9mm, and the .45 auto versions (both full size). But that is why I shopped around and shot MANY options before making a choice. I wanted to like the M&P, actually, I do like it. But my lack of accuracy (although I am sure it could be trained out) was a deal breaker for me. Again, I attribute any accuracy issues to me, myself, and I, NOT the M&P. Many people have proven them to be both accurate and a reliable choice.

C4IGrant
03-27-12, 20:04
Very good.

C4

Steve S.
03-27-12, 22:11
I think the 45 compact is the best in the M&P Line. Small, ergonomic, and extremely accurate. It's just the midsize with a slightly smaller grip. The grip is still big enough to get a full firing grip on - even with flush fits.

The only issue I've had is it won't lock back on empty mags. Even cycling by hand. I'll replace the mag catch (what I think it is) and the slide stop. If that doesn't work - I know SW will take care of me. Great CS.

ETA - I've never heard of this issue outside of my sample, so it's most likely a one in a million fluke.

It's pretty hard to beat Grant's prices. Especially when you figure in that he can perform some enhancements for you. Get one, stipple it, and add some good night sights. I've even found the .45 triggers to be better then the 9mm guns (what gives on this, Grant?) so I don't even bother with the usual Apex goodies.

The FDE version is damn Good looking too....

http://img.tapatalk.com/452fc624-8172-6038.jpg

davebee456
03-27-12, 22:21
Hey Thanks.
I bought the last one in stock today at adventure outdoors here in Atlanta $560 out the door kind of more then ive seen price wise but no one seems to have them in stock.
The shell case envelope states 11/10/11.
The only bad thing I could find in the forums were the magazine spring issue, maybe I can call S&W tomorrow and see if they can send me the updated springs.

JHC
03-28-12, 08:10
Hey Thanks.
I bought the last one in stock today at adventure outdoors here in Atlanta $560 out the door kind of more then ive seen price wise but no one seems to have them in stock.
The shell case envelope states 11/10/11.
The only bad thing I could find in the forums were the magazine spring issue, maybe I can call S&W tomorrow and see if they can send me the updated springs.

That seems a decent street price 'round these parts. I haven't made it to Adventure Outdoors new store yet. I've heard it's impressive. Did you notice the price per case for 9mm ball? ;)

Gary1911A1
03-28-12, 10:05
My full size M&P 4.5" with thumb safeties is great. I heard from a local factory trained M&P that the M&Ps' in .45 were the best of them. Love mine.

threedogdad
03-28-12, 13:00
My M&P45 mid-size has been 3,074 rounds of accurate perfection so far.

The mid-size version really does it all for me and makes a superb hiking/camping/riding handgun.

SOWT
03-28-12, 15:24
I love my mid-size.

About 500 rds so far with no issues.

I put Apex parts into her and am happier with the trigger rest, I'll probably buy an Apex Trigger when I get funds.

arcticlightfighter
03-29-12, 10:03
My current duty set up is -

FS .45 M&P with the following updgrades-
APEX DCAEK
Warren Tactical Night Sights
Surefire X300

I recently used it in a weeklong instructor course. Over the course of 1000+ rds, and no cleaning, it ran without a single hiccup.

My only complaint is the horrible factory trigger that was fixed with the DCAEK.

My off duty is the mid size .45 with the identical set up.

I hav not experienced a single FTF/FTE in any of my 5 M&P's

Killjoy
03-29-12, 18:58
deleted post