PDA

View Full Version : 300 Blk now a complete AR!

GunnutAF
03-27-12, 23:18
Well after a month of swapping uppers to shoot I final got off my duff an built a lower for the 300 Blk. It is now a COMPLETE AR. I went to the local fun shop to see if they had a complete lower assembly- no go- but they had all the parts to build one. I hemmed and hawed about getting the parts to do it myself - never done a build and didn't have the tools to do it. Luck was on my side as a former Armor was in the shop- worked as civilian over in Iraq during the war repairing -built guns for our troops. He was nice enough to take me under his wing and teach me how and provided the tools nessesary to do the build. So we ambled over to his place and 45 minutes later I walked out with a complete lower to install on my 300 Blk upper. Spikes- lower , Magpol kit, CAS tube spring, buffer, stock. :D Went out after put 20 rounds down range as I wanted to make sure I did it right and check my mag as I put a Magpol follower in it ran perfectly not a hitch. Actually was impressed with the Magpol trigger- very good for an OEM trigger -crisp no creap.

40Arpent
03-28-12, 05:57
I'm more interested in which upper you used and what kind of accuracy you're getting. Care to share those details?

Hot Holster
03-28-12, 08:26
Nice looking rifle. One good thing about putting the lower together yourself is it gets you familiar with the parts, what they do, and how to fix things if something goes wrong.

Also, I second the above post. Whose upper did you go with?

GunnutAF
03-28-12, 15:19
This is what I have for the upper- and no I didn't pay that much for it! I actually found a GS in TX that had it on sale paid $100 less.

http://cmmginc.secure-mall.com/item/16-4-Rail-300-AAC-BLACKOUT-Upper-1711

As for accuracy I'm getting 1-1.5" at 100 yards. Mostly with reloads, my plinking /target load is Lee cast 150 gr GC over 16.5 gr IMR 4227 in Fed cases reformed. I don't shoot nor will ever go Subs ! Not what I bought this for! :D