PDA

View Full Version : holster while I wait for Raven??

inthebush50
03-28-12, 11:25
I currently still have 5 months left waiting for my raven phantom. Can anyone give me some opinions on some holsters for a g19 with a tlr-1? I am open to iwb and owb for concealed carry. The tlr-1 doesnt have to be mounted while carried, im new to cc holsters so fire away and thanks for the opinions!

Shokr21
03-28-12, 11:28
I hope it's ok to post a link, I'm not affiliated with this holster maker in any shape or form, I have been a paying customer from day 1.

I really like hideous holsters, well made kydex. I have a stealth for my g19 and a full size holster for my 1911. Their mag pouches are also excellent, with good positive retention, from 1911 to glock to pmag holsters.

I believe their current lead time is 21 days from order to doorstep.

jaxman7
03-28-12, 12:01
Call for availability (817-563-1862) but a good company to deal with:

http://dsgarms.com/ProductInfo/DSGARGLK19L1BK.aspx

SteveL
03-28-12, 12:12
Check with Steve at Personal Security Systems. He posts on this forum. IIRC his screen name is Steve S.

http://www.psholsters.com/

They advertise some pre-made gear on their site that's ready the day it's ordered. They also may have some demo models available for immediate purchase.

ETA: Here's his info.

https://www.m4carbine.net/member.php?u=31016

Shoot him a message and see what he can do for you.

wahoo95
03-28-12, 12:18
I hope it's ok to post a link, I'm not affiliated with this holster maker in any shape or form, I have been a paying customer from day 1.

I really like hideous holsters, well made kydex. I have a stealth for my g19 and a full size holster for my 1911. Their mag pouches are also excellent, with good positive retention, from 1911 to glock to pmag holsters.

I believe their current lead time is 21 days from order to doorstep.

I picked up this Hideous Holster off of eBay for and have nothing but happy with it. Retention is excellent and hae had no issues with it. Edges could hae been a little better finished when I received it but that was remedied with 10 minutes a little sandpaper.

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb244/a996hawk/photobucket-5486-1317335828869.jpg

TomF
03-28-12, 13:09
I currently still have 5 months left waiting for my raven phantom. Can anyone give me some opinions on some holsters for a g19 with a tlr-1? I am open to iwb and owb for concealed carry. The tlr-1 doesnt have to be mounted while carried, im new to cc holsters so fire away and thanks for the opinions!

Interesting, considering our longest lead time is a little under 4 months. There is no way you have 5 months left. :p

If your holster is standard cut and right handed, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at the delivery date compared to the quote we provided you.

Axcelea
03-28-12, 13:46
Tom is of course the man here but I might as well mention that if its a standard Glock 19 holster then it is on their quick ship list and is something like a month or so to get.

That said I do not know if you did anything special that removes it from quick ship.

Just mentioning that since most of my alternatives seem to be within that time frame and I would hate to see you go off an alternative to hold you over and get both at once.

ghostrider1
03-28-12, 15:49
Check with Steve at Personal Security Systems. He posts on this forum. IIRC his screen name is Steve S.

http://www.psholsters.com/

They advertise some pre-made gear on their site that's ready the day it's ordered. They also may have some demo models available for immediate purchase.

ETA: Here's his info.

https://www.m4carbine.net/member.php?u=31016

Shoot him a message and see what he can do for you.

+1 on this!!

Steve's are just as good and less wait time.

SHIVAN
03-28-12, 15:56
Find a used one on one of the sale forums? :D

carnage0014
03-28-12, 19:42
I recommend Garrett Industries. I purchased the stx line from them and so far has been wonderful. Customer service is top notch and they line the kydex with leather.

sgtjosh
03-29-12, 10:14
While i was waiting for my Raven, I ordered one from 101 Holsters. (http://gonetraining.blogspot.com/p/holsters.html) I posted a review here (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=93913).

Jim D
03-29-12, 10:23
While i was waiting for my Raven, I ordered one from 101 Holsters. (http://gonetraining.blogspot.com/p/holsters.html) I posted a review here (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=93913).

Isn't that the same outfit that literally ripped of the VanGuard II within days of it being released?

If so, I wouldn't support them no matter what.

Kevin P
03-29-12, 10:29
I am guessing you are wanting something now as opposed to something that you have to wait for as well? You said in your post that you don't have to have the light mounted?

If I were you I would just order a comp-tac mtac holster or something while you wait for the Raven. They can be had in like a week which will let you carry ASAP. I am unsure if there are any other quality makers that have that quick of a turnaround. When your Raven comes you can either sell it or keep it and have two quality different style holsters.

LightningFast
03-29-12, 11:21
Dark Star Gear holsters. The owner is also a member here.

inthebush50
03-29-12, 17:23
Yes I read the date wront lol. But I think it is 4 months I received an email awhile ago stating the holster is in processing. I am very excited to receive after rave reviews and couple I know that have them. My order was a right hand draw 15 degree cant tlr-1 g19. I would like a decent holster for iwb for a 19/26. Does anyone make a leather that fit both g19/26? Was looking at don hume. Thanks for the recommendations im still debating. I am worse with firearms and accessories than the woman is with shopping for bullshit HA!

mikeith
03-29-12, 19:33
i ordered a bravo concealment while i wait. should be here in a week or so.

dauph
03-29-12, 20:56
Give Jason a call, he makes really great stuff and fast.

TCBfirearms.com

big b
03-29-12, 21:09

This is what I would go with. DSG does a pretty good job keeping the most popular holsters in stock. They usually ship quick and I have had nothing but great experiences with their customer service.

lethal dose
03-29-12, 21:24
I have a bnib blade tech rh for a g19/tlr1. PM me if you're interested.

Scar face
03-30-12, 06:19

My experience had been the opposit, extra hassle return, accused me for not liking the product. I will not buy anything from them ever again( especially their knock-off holsters no matter how many they have in stock).

jwfuhrman
03-30-12, 07:16
lead farmer inc makes some pretty good stuff, an ships within a few weeks of order.

leadfarminc.com

Guinnessman
03-30-12, 08:42
Try atomicdogholsters.com. Their turn around time is about 5 weeks and they make a great kydex holster.

carloglock19
03-30-12, 09:56
Interesting, considering our longest lead time is a little under 4 months. There is no way you have 5 months left. :p

If your holster is standard cut and right handed, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at the delivery date compared to the quote we provided you.

I'm gonna place my order soon. I'm sure it will worth the wait. Glad to hear that they ship out a little earlier than estimated date. Thanks for the info.

jaxman7
03-30-12, 12:30
My experience had been the opposit, extra hassle return, accused me for not liking the product. I will not buy anything from them ever again( especially their knock-off holsters no matter how many they have in stock).

Thats the first knock against DSG that I've heard of. Not saying I don't believe you (I do) but this is not the norm...and no I am not affiliated with them @ all.

-Jax

Scar face
03-30-12, 14:21
I've heard lots of good thing about them too, ..before I made decision to drop the money on them.

I also work in retail, and the ones that are cut above, amazon comes to mind, a return transaction is just as smooth as a buying transaction. That's "THE WAY IT SHOULD BE", especially a web-base store where people have no way to find out or play with a product unless they place an order and try it out.

I had to make three phone calls after a long wait for his email reply until I got to speak with CHARLIE, who's in return, gave me a skeptic tone as to why I don't like the product and if I return, he will have to inspect and see if it's been used or not. Now, it was an Aimpoint H1 and of course it's been mounted on, thats how I found out I don't like it! it should have been fine EVEN IF I took it to the range and try it out for real, don't you think!?!

I was planing to drop more money and exchange for an M4, mind you, but after dealing with that kind of attitude that was the end for me. I just saw their add in a gun magazine the other day with a big punch line of how their holster are readily available.. So, they ARE banking on people who can not wait for Raven or want to wast money on a duplicate, stop-gap, holster..

I see that the holsters look exactly like Raven's, coincidence? ..You tell me..

Leonidas24
03-31-12, 00:28
So, they ARE banking on people who can not wait for Raven or want to wast money on a duplicate, stop-gap, holster..

I see that the holsters look exactly like Raven's, coincidence? ..You tell me..

Spoken like a true conspiracy theorist...

I have a DSG holster for my Glock 17, which I carry while at work. I just put in an order for a Raven Phantom built for an M&P9C. The DSG holster is built very differently from the holsters that Raven makes, of the ones I've seen and used at least. In fact, they are different in at least 4 out of 5 ways, other than the fact that they use kydex in their construction and rivets to secure the two halves. In that case I suppose that DSG does make their holsters exactly like Raven. :rolleyes:

To the OP: The Alpha holster from DSG is a great piece but I do have a one complaint: it's very large and hangs a little low. I tried adjusting the belt loops so the holster would ride higher but it just made the handgun sag outwards. For me and a full size Glock 17 it works great as an open carry/duty holster. As for your needs with CCH I'm not sure how their Glock 19 specific holster would handle. It wouldn't hurt to give them a try; at worst you'd end up with a great range or class holster.

Pappabear
03-31-12, 00:56
I bought a blade-tech. Its not 5 months but a little wait. Or you could try a leather Galco? Its not my ideal, but people like them.

inthebush50
03-31-12, 08:41
Wow thanks for all the replies. But it seems like everyone mentioned something different. Kind of expected that on such a user preference item. Well seems I still have more homework to do. I am currently really eying the comptac mtac. Thanks for all the suggestions

Scar face
03-31-12, 08:50
Spoken like a true conspiracy theorist...

I have a DSG holster for my Glock 17, which I carry while at work. I just put in an order for a Raven Phantom built for an M&P9C. The DSG holster is built very differently from the holsters that Raven makes, of the ones I've seen and used at least. In fact, they are different in at least 4 out of 5 ways, other than the fact that they use kydex in their construction and rivets to secure the two halves. In that case I suppose that DSG does make their holsters exactly like Raven. :rolleyes:

Well, good! I'm glad that, without a good customer service skill, at least they have a smart lawyer and a cult follower.

I said they are a KNOCK-OFF, not copy. Have you ever heard of pattent( you can google it)? Look like someone at DSG knows one or two things about it, but c'mon, how can anyone not recognize the resembling of the sandwich kydex with the extended curve wings. Does Blad-tech, C-Tac, Blackhawks, or any other leading industry companies do that? ...didn't think so.

Yes, there are a few knock-offs, Raven wanna be, mentioned here in this post. But, I don't have any experience with them. If I were to find a thread like this when I did the research, I wouldn't have given DSG my business. So, if the OP ended up order from else where, I've done my part as good consumer trying to protect each other from that kind of customer service malpractice.

Scar face
03-31-12, 09:04
Wow thanks for all the replies. But it seems like everyone mentioned something different. Kind of expected that on such a user preference item. Well seems I still have more homework to do. I am currently really eying the comptac mtac. Thanks for all the suggestions

Comp-Tac is awesome!

A few years back I ordered a holster for my P7, it was about a week before I move. Now, P7 isn't something they have already made and ready to ship, instead of postpone the order and ship to my new address, they CHOSE to rush it out to me before my moving date!

Now, THAT, is the customer service!!!

bzdog
03-31-12, 13:35
Agree on Comp-Tac.

-john

lebowski
04-17-12, 16:18
Comp tac infidel (with the simple belt clip) is my go-to for a simple, no frills IWB. It's not all day carry comfortable but it's compact and easy on-off, so a great option for say a gun that I leave in the car that I can also quickly clip inside my belt when I want to. I'd have no problem using it every day while waiting for a raven.

Don't want to get your hopes up and I don't know if my experience reflects the norm, but my last two orders from Raven both processed and shipped significantly sooner than their indicated lead time at the time I ordered.

Jim D
04-17-12, 17:19
The comp-tac infidel with the belt clip that I had came out of my pants when I went to draw the gun. I would recommend IWB loops on any holster of that type. Kydex "clips" tend to be problematic in my experience.