PDA

View Full Version : Mid-length upper question?

Tact.medic
03-28-12, 18:28
So I ordered a 9" quad rail handguard and it is made to swap into an upper with the triangular gasblock shroud. So I contacted the company and they wrote back- "All mids and rifle lengths are made for triangles. If you have a mid or rifle with a round its not spec."

I'm like WTF?! My upper is a 16" PSA stainless steel Wilde barrel. It has the round shroud. Is this guy saying the truth, or making something up?

ryan
03-28-12, 18:47
Known issue with PSA, see here;

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=89476

Tact.medic
03-28-12, 20:49
thanks,

ryan
03-28-12, 20:57
thanks,

Most certainly welcome.

C4IGrant
03-28-12, 21:55
So I ordered a 9" quad rail handguard and it is made to swap into an upper with the triangular gasblock shroud. So I contacted the company and they wrote back- "All mids and rifle lengths are made for triangles. If you have a mid or rifle with a round its not spec."

I'm like WTF?! My upper is a 16" PSA stainless steel Wilde barrel. It has the round shroud. Is this guy saying the truth, or making something up?

This is correct. Middy's get Triangle caps.

C4

fdxpilot
03-29-12, 04:18
Is there an actual spec for middies, or just industry practice? I know there is no TDP.

Tact.medic
03-29-12, 05:05
I'm guessing there must be since everyone else uses the triangle. Good question...

Robb Jensen
03-29-12, 06:42
There's no "spec" for midlenth. I've seen the barrels come with both round and triangle hand guard caps, the majority of them have triangular ones. It's easy enough to change to one if needed.

C4IGrant
03-29-12, 08:19
Is there an actual spec for middies, or just industry practice? I know there is no TDP.

No there is not, but the majority of the companies use the Triangle so that kind of makes it an un-written rule.

C4