PDA

View Full Version : TRP for HK45ct

Norseman
03-29-12, 14:30
Ok, so here is the deal. I currently have a Springer TRP AK that does not see much in the way use anymore, and although I really like the piece it is fast becoming somewhat of a safe queen since I have other more suitable 1911's in the stable for carry, which is only some of the time anyway, the Glocks see most of the road work.

Anyway, I might have the opportunity to be able to swap this gun for for either an HK45 or the 45ct with the LEM conversion.

I am leaning towards the HK45ct very strongly, but am I am open to the HK45 also if a better option, and would like some input from those that either have one or have shot one because these are pretty scarce in my area and I have not even been able to handle one as of yet, and my knowledge of HK pistols is somewhat limited.

So would the trade be worth it?

mrosamilia
03-29-12, 14:47
$700 probably on trade

Striker
03-29-12, 16:40
Ok, so here is the deal. I currently have a Springer TRP AK that does not see much in the way use anymore, and although I really like the piece it is fast becoming somewhat of a safe queen since I have other more suitable 1911's in the stable for carry, which is only some of the time anyway, the Glocks see most of the road work.

Anyway, I might have the opportunity to be able to swap this gun for for either an HK45 or the 45ct with the LEM conversion.

I am leaning towards the HK45ct very strongly, but am I am open to the HK45 also if a better option, and would like some input from those that either have one or have shot one because these are pretty scarce in my area and I have not even been able to handle one as of yet, and my knowledge of HK pistols is somewhat limited.

So would the trade be worth it?

Worth it is all in how you see it. I've shot a TRP rail and a full size HK45. Both are excellent guns and very different from each other. Never shot the HK45C, but every HK I've ever shot is dead on accurate and extremely reliable. The full size HK45 I had a chance to shoot had the best DA/SA trigger that I've ever run on an HK. TRP is what it is, a nice 1911 extremely accurate with all the attributes and detriments of a 1911. In short, it depends on what you want.

Honestly, I'm a believer in shooting a gun before you purchase it. You certainly can seek people's opinions, but whether I like or not is irrelevant. It's whether you like it that counts. If you don't shoot it, how will you know. If you can't shoot one before you buy, than it's up to you whether you want to take the chance or not.

majette
03-29-12, 18:28
if you have other 1911's give the hk a try. for me the shooting characteristics of the hk45/45c are similar to a 1911.

Tzook
03-29-12, 18:36
From a pure monetary standpoint, I think you'd be crazy to do that

Norseman
03-29-12, 19:36
From a pure monetary standpoint, I think you'd be crazy to do that

Do you think the TRP is worth more/less than I am thinking? For what it is worth the deal would include 2-3 (on top of the 2 it comes with) extra mags for the HK, and it is through a dealer so brand new in the box so to speak.

I am really interested to know if I am of base on the value of the TRP, the few I see now and then are going for $1100-1200 used in my area.

Kain
03-29-12, 19:55
Do you think the TRP is worth more/less than I am thinking? For what it is worth the deal would include 2-3 (on top of the 2 it comes with) extra mags for the HK, and it is through a dealer so brand new in the box so to speak.

I am really interested to know if I am of base on the value of the TRP, the few I see now and then are going for $1100-1200 used in my area.

$1,100 is about what I see them going for where I am at so if that is you guess on value then you are spot on in my opinion. Granted I have seen people trying to sell them as high as $1,300 used and as low as $900. I personally have a TRP and I wouldn't trade it for an H&K 45, the momentary comment would hold true for me, but that is me. Comes out to your personal preference and what it is worth to you, as well as what the H&K comes with.

scoutfsu99
03-29-12, 20:02
If it's a legit 45CT then you're right about even for a new HK. If you sold the TRP, I think you could expect what you're thinking, $11-1200. If you trade on a HK45, you're losing more money than I would accept but it's up to you.

gmtmaster2
03-29-12, 21:08
just sold my cdp pro II for a hk45c. have not looked back at all but they are different guns.

Norseman
03-30-12, 10:15
Thanks for the input gents. I think I will wait and see what the HK's feel like when they come in and go from there. But from the sounds of things on the HK front, it might be awhile before these actually get here so maybe I will have the chance to just save some pennies up and purchase out right.

Thanks again,