What's a G-mag? Magpul knock off?

kajen
03-30-12, 09:27
I sure hope you hold a SOT/FFL!

LMT does not sell a LPK.
UTG is airsoft junk.
What's a G-mag? Magpul knock off?

dont need one .. i am not residing in the us
UTG might not be high quality .. but it has nothing to do with airsoft..
yes German produced P-mags licensed so not a knock off pr say and they actually feed better than P-mags .. also cost more lol

regarding LMT LPK ... im not sure this is a LMT kit but im pretty sure they do make LPK“s seen them for sale numerous places .. even here on the forum https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=852 (semi though)

polymorpheous
03-30-12, 09:29
yes German produced P-mags licensed so not a knock off pr say and they actually feed better than P-mags .. also cost more lol

I call bullshit.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=99414

calengor
03-30-12, 09:30
From his previous posts I think he's located in Denmark, so US laws don't apply. I think G-mags are some licensed for Europe PMAG.

polymorpheous
03-30-12, 09:31
Magpul did not license this product.

Magpul [Industry Partner]6/16/2009 1:44:42 AM*
In short the Oberland Arms' GMAG magazine is a German reversed engineered version of the PMag.*

That said Oberland Arms did inform us of their intent to copy the PMag and we expressed no interest in taking the matter to court so long as GMags we not imported into the US and/or there was no confusion in the marketplace.*

Magpul did not license the design nor did we give any technical information on how to build the PMag . As such we do not receive any funds from GMAG sales.*

So our "approval" comes from being inactive on the issue in Germany.*

Because Oberland received no technical information they were unaware of the newer M rev PMag until it was publicly released at SHOT show. This is why their version is based on the earlier PMag design.*

They also had to estimate what materials were used and how the entire molding process was put together. We will not comment on their results because that might be seen as giving information, but needless to say there are notable differences in materials and final geometry between the PMag and GMag.*

This is not the first time elements of the PMag have been copied and so long as the GMag is serving only the German market we wish them the best.
I'd also like to know where he scored a LMT LPK.

kajen
03-30-12, 09:57
Magpul did not license this product.

I'd also like to know where he scored a LMT LPK.

so all you really wanted was trolling?

first of all find oberlands website .. on that it somewhere says that it was licensed from magpul with permission .. im not saying its right but untill what you just posted that was the only info i had and since i havent heard of any magpul lawsuits i assumed it was right .. so no need for your "i call bullshit" .. and i dont care if they didnt get permission thats their problem and magpuls ..

second read the first post where i say i am not sure that it even is a LMT LPK if you doubt it its ok .. because i have my doubts too which is clearly stated in the post .. i have however seen LMT LPK“s for sale quite a few places but i guess theyre all liars .. im sorry i ever wrote that i was told it was a LMT...

but to answer you it was bought of of Egun.de

the official story told to german customers is that Magpul actually teamed up with Oberland and gets a cut of the cake because its easier that way then to deal with ITAR when exporting this is however just something a german MFG told me .. but it makes more sense than someone copying magpuls patent without magpul doing anything about it

polymorpheous
03-30-12, 10:09
Actually I used the orange search button.
My query was "G-mag".

And for the record, you stated that you weren't sure if your fire control group was LMT.

You are spreading misinformation.
This forum is very much against that.
Magpul stated they did not license the G-mag.
Magpul has also stated that they did not work with the manufacturer to develop the G-mag.

kajen
03-30-12, 10:16
Actually I used the orange search button.
My query was "G-mag".

And for the record, you stated that you weren't sure if your fire control group was LMT.

yes... ? and you stated they dont make them ..and wanted to know where i got one .. and i answered both .. but i guess the guy on the forum here is a liar when he sells LMT LPK“s and the other places where ive seen them are also conartists ..
im in doubt because i would think a brand like LMT would have a logo or name somewhere on some of the parts but nothing indicates that its LMT that is why i wrote "or i was told it was LMT"

critisism on my build is greatly appreciated but it has to be constructive in someway .. stating UTG is arsoft junk and claim im letting out bullshit .. thats just trolling .. nothing else

edit : ah so YOUR information that dont even lead back to Magpul , but just something written at another forum is more valid than info i got from the german mfg? how is that?
to me it seems pretty strange that a company like magpul that has allready sued others for patent infringement wont sue a big company like Oberland for copying one of their most popular products , unless they get something out of it .. especially when Oblerland claims that its done together with Magpul ..

and you could have said you think that is wrong info .. but the way you did it was out there

polymorpheous
03-30-12, 10:20
UTG is air soft junk.
And it is bullshit that Magpul licensed those magazines.

Stating the truth is not trolling.
Don't like it? Hit the report button.

kajen
03-30-12, 10:36
lol so all weapons parts that dont meet your exact qualitydemands are airsoft junk ... that makes sense and what a great base for argumenting your views lol

ive been searching and searching now on the G-mag issue and i find exactly as many sources that claim they are licensed as i find claims that theyre not .. not one single of them is from magpul themselves.. wonder why.. and especially when we all know why Magpul started the PTS division in the first place .. they did that to circumvent the ITAR and sell more grips , stocks and so on outside of the usa, in the beginning magpuls PTS division didnt even make airsoft specifik parts .. they just wrote PTS on their products so they could send them overseas w/o Itar worries, so to me the idea of them making a deal with oberland makes a hell of alot more sense than them ignoring their patent beeing copied ..

ill even paste what Cerberus writes about the G-mags (translated into english by using a translater so it contains errors and bad grammar)

"Available in two colors, Black, Olive, and Dark Earth Brown. A shorter, 20-shot version of the G-Mag is in preparation. This is also called 10-shot version available. The company Magpul has kindly allowed us this ingenious design to use - thanks Magpul!"

Army Chief
03-30-12, 10:45
I trust it was fun while it lasted.

Done.

AC