PDA

View Full Version : Defective barrel nut? Re: Daniel Defense rail

gaspipes
01-01-08, 22:24
I just got a 9.0 Daniel Defense M4 rail. I got it as a special order from Brownells.

The little keeper pins that keep the rail from spinning will not fit in four of the holes in the barrel nut. I don't think this will be a problem unless the nut lines up in a way where one of those holes stops in the spot where the keeper pin needs to be.

Is this nut out of spec and should I call DD to get another one, or is it supposed to be like this? I have not tried to install the rail yet. Only took it out of the box and took it apart to check it out.

Robb Jensen
01-01-08, 22:42
You need to contact Daniel Defense.

SuicideHz
01-01-08, 23:18
I have moved handguards around a few times and I've found the same thing on more than one occasion. Usually I attributed it to the holes being next to holes I used to tighten or loosen the barrel nut- potentially egging them out and squishing the adjoiners.

In the end, the pins end up going where I want them to. I just use a tiny hammer and tap them right in.

Have you tried that?

Daniel Defense
01-02-08, 10:43
Call me we will get it taken care of.

Jay Duncan

Vice President, Sales and Marketing
Daniel Defense, Inc.

866-554-4867 Office
912-656-6483 Cell
912-964-4237 Fax

www.danieldefense.com

gaspipes
01-02-08, 18:47
Wow, Thanks Jay. I will call tomorrow(Thur).

SuicideHz, I have never put a wrench on this nut so that isn't the reason. The holes are 4 right in a row. I will call DD tomorrow and get it sorted out.

SuicideHz
01-02-08, 18:54
My point was that sometimes they are just a little tight and I've been able to make them work without modification. I only supposed that having used them is what caused the situation...

gaspipes
01-05-08, 12:26
Just wanted to post an update.

Jay sent me an entire new rail, barrel nut etc. Next Day Air and I got it on Friday.

The new nut does not suffer the same defect. Jay I will drop the other rail at the UPS store with the label you provided on Monday.

Fantastic customer service. Thank you!!

Robb Jensen
01-05-08, 12:40
Just wanted to post an update.

Jay sent me an entire new rail, barrel nut etc. Next Day Air and I got it on Friday.

The new nut does not suffer the same defect. Jay I will drop the other rail at the UPS store with the label you provided on Monday.

Fantastic customer service. Thank you!!

Good to hear.
Daniel Defense is a 1st rate company making excellent products!

Robb

Impact
01-05-08, 13:50
+1 for DD. I love my Omega rail.

SuicideHz
01-05-08, 18:01
Jay definitely went above and beyond what I would expect when two summers ago I sent him a rail I had cut down. He refinished it for me like I asked and then some...

decodeddiesel
02-05-08, 17:00
Just an outsider looking in, but that is fantastic customer service! DD has my business when I purchase my next rail system!

joe139
03-19-08, 18:54
I just put a Daniels Defense 9" rail on my ar last weekend It lined up nice A+ to Daniels Defense.

Paulinski
03-19-08, 19:00
Indeed Daniel Defense products are top notch. I have been using their rails exclusively :)

Abraxas
03-19-08, 19:02
My first( and only) build had DD rails. LOVE it