PDA

View Full Version : Question on Sig Sauer "action enhancement Package"

DeviousMind
03-30-12, 17:04
Has anyone had this done to their Sigs? It says on their website-Action Enhancement Package –*Our factory gunsmiths hone and polish critical surfaces to lighten and smooth both the double-action and single-action trigger pulls taking your SIG SAUER to the next level without voiding the factory warranty. It is $179 plus shipping. Just wondering if it is worth it.

F-Trooper05
03-30-12, 17:22
I wouldn't do that shit on princple. If the areas they're "enhancing" are so "critical," then why are they allowing them to leave the factory to begin with?

Reagans Rascals
03-30-12, 17:29
I wouldn't do that shit on princple. If the areas they're "enhancing" are so "critical," then why are they allowing them to leave the factory to begin with?

+10

so its my understanding they sell an under-performing product in hopes of making more on the back end when you pay to have it "enhanced" which is really just bringing it up to regular standards....

essentially the same as Best Buy trying to sell you an "Optimized" Computer....

K Town
03-30-12, 17:31
I had it done to my 226 while it was at the factory getting the SRT. Is it worth it? In short, not really but it did make a noticeable difference. While the high spots and "Grit" of the trigger where removed, between my LNIB 229 and my AEP'd 226 the difference is marginal at best. My experience may not be the best example though since I cleaned off all the factory dirt and apply lube to all the barring surfaces on both pistols. Between Sig's naturally smooth action and my maintenance to the frame(s), my 229 feels just as smooth as my 226. My 229 has a ounce of grit near the end of the DA pull but I can feel it getting smoother each time I finish with dry fire so I have no doubt that after a case it will feel exactly the same as my 226.

John Hearne
03-30-12, 18:37
The parts in a Sig are all mass produced without any finish or polish. If you smooth them out, you end up with a trigger that most people don't believe is possible from a Sig. I would not pay Sig $175 on general principal.

The only gunsmith I have personal experience with is Teddy Jacobson. He worked over a P220ST for me and the results were amazing. I'm not sure if Teddy is still accepting work but I would use him again. I would also consider sending the piece to Bruce Grey.

On my most recent carry gun, I've simply dry fired the snot out of it and the trigger is about 60% of the improvement I got from a gunsmith. If you're going to go the dry fire route, make sure you cushion the firing pin with snap caps or a cut down ear plug under the hammer. You will break the firing pin positioning pin with enough clicks.

Sgt_Gold
03-31-12, 15:41
You could send your pistol to Grayguns. It's a bit more expensive than the Sig factory service, but you're not paying the factory to correct something they should have done in the first place.

http://grayguns.com/