PDA

View Full Version : Goggles

D_3
03-31-12, 15:06
Anyone had any experience (good or bad) with any of the following?
ESS, Revision, WileyX

Thank you in advance,
D3

Shokr21
03-31-12, 15:52
Before deploying I was issued a set of Revision Desert Locusts. I'll admit to not wearing them much as they were stolen from a transient barracks bunk by some 10th mtn choads. I did like them, good clarity and a tight seal, in extremely hot weather the sweat from my face tended to pool on the bottom of the goggles.

I liked ESS goggles that I got to replace them, good fit and clarity, enough foam instead of plastic to allow filtered air movement to dissipate sweat.

I did buy a set of Oakley Sand Wind Dust goggles, and they performed quite well too, just didn't go well around the backside of my brain bucket.

Pax
04-01-12, 00:36
All are fine companies with consistently good track records. As far as i know, none of their products have ever disintegrated or exploded in the hands of an end user, but asking about the companies in general inst going to give you the best idea of what you ought to buy and why. Different types of goggles exist for different reasons and you ought to prepare appropriately.

Consider Smith Optics Elite Division, as well. They have a very interesting goggle coming up.. Cheap and, IMHO, as good as goggles get.

jbuerke142
04-09-12, 05:39
I have used all three and they are all good quality working goggles. I have found that the Revision Desert Locusts work best for my needs.