PDA

View Full Version : Should I sell my LRB M14 for an Arsenal AK?

QuickStrike
01-02-08, 04:00
This,

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c247/ARTYMARTY/IMG_2347a.jpg

for this

http://san1.atlanta.gbhinc.com/GB/088804000/88804136/pix1472826906.jpg

SA M-7 classic???

I really like the LRB, but the safety is inside the trigger guard...

Anyone with experience on both weapon platforms please help me decide.

Jay Cunningham
01-02-08, 04:14
Personally?

Yes I would. But I am very partial to the Kalashnikov, and that is a very nice one you have pictured.

I own an M1A and I used to own a SOCOM16 but I sold the SOCOM for practical reasons. I will never sell my full-size, though.

What is your intended use for either/both rifles?

QuickStrike
01-02-08, 06:26
What is your intended use for either/both rifles?

Mainly for defense. Which is kinda why I couldn't warm up to the m14's safety.

I also have an Imbel FAL receiver that will fill up the battle rifle slot later.

Maybe after I sell the LRB I can get the Arsenal AK and still have moneys to send my noveske upper to LWRC for a conversion. :D

Jay Cunningham
01-02-08, 06:49
If it's mainly for defense then I think you would be better served by the Arsenal.

eodinert
01-02-08, 13:30
Never sell a gun. Only buy guns.. especially with the uncertain political climate.

Bulldog1967
01-02-08, 13:48
Mainly for defense. Which is kinda why I couldn't warm up to the m14's safety.

I also have an Imbel FAL receiver that will fill up the battle rifle slot later.

Maybe after I sell the LRB I can get the Arsenal AK and still have moneys to send my noveske upper to LWRC for a conversion. :D

I agree with your logic, especially with the fact you are getting an FAL.

I too, will be selling my m1a soon, for the same reasons.

Buck
01-02-08, 13:52
I wouldn't... If it were me, i would convert it back to a USGI type M-14 clone with GI parts. Then sell off the extra M14 high speed parts and buy an AK... That barrel, front end and stock set will bring enough to buy the AK.

Just my .02

Buck

TOrrock
01-02-08, 17:27
I wouldn't... If it were me, i would convert it back to a USGI type M-14 clone with GI parts. Then sell off the extra M14 high speed parts and buy an AK... That barrel, front end and stock set will bring enough to buy the AK.

Just my .02

Buck

That's my $0.02 as well.

I wouldn't sell it to get an AK, even the nicests of AK's (Classic). Sell the "tactical" stock, etc. and get a decent AK, or save up and get a Classic.

You might want to see if Jensen's will work with you on a lay-away, so it's not all up front.

QuickStrike
01-02-08, 17:50
Maybe you guys are right, as I've grown kinda attached to it (and it's stock).

If I sold it, I will probably buy another 18.5" LRB later anyway... :rolleyes:

Maybe I'll just work lots of overtime + tax return or something.

I'll bother Jensen's about a lay away program. :cool:

Shihan
01-03-08, 16:00
Maybe you guys are right, as I've grown kinda attached to it (and it's stock).

If I sold it, I will probably buy another 18.5" LRB later anyway... :rolleyes:

Maybe I'll just work lots of overtime + tax return or something.

I'll bother Jensen's about a lay away program. :cool:

It will drive you nuts til you either replace it or jump off a cliff. I recently sold my D Warrior that I had work done at by their Custom Shop to fund purchasing another custom AK, Saiga 12 and other stuff and while I like the new stuff im being haunted by Ms. Kimber almost nightly and throughout the day. After all the political crap is done im going to have to get another and then send it into the Custom Shop again. UHHHHHHGGGGGGHH!

Jay Cunningham
01-03-08, 16:06
Never sell a gun. Only buy guns.. especially with the uncertain political climate.

I've never understood guys who say this.

I've bought and sold so many guns I couldn't possibly remember them all.

QuickStrike
01-04-08, 01:51
I took off the Vltor stock and it now weighs about 8 pounds with an empty mag with this shortened GI stock on.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c247/ARTYMARTY/LRBtanker.jpg

I miss this look! Pretty handy battle rifle that's > the FAL except the safety IMO. I will keep it! :cool:

I emailed Jensen's and they told me a lay-away is not possible on that particular rifle. :(

I hope they have lots, I may save up enough in a month or three.

QuickStrike
01-04-08, 01:52
what barrel is on that LRB? chromelined?lined chamber & barrel?

Yea it's chrome-lined. I dunno which barrel LRB used. maybe a "Criterion or Wilson NM quality standard weight barrel". Has "JG CBI" on the op-rod side.

JBRIII
01-04-08, 07:08
I think you made a wise choice!!! I would never trade my Para for an AK. My M4 on the other hand.... ;)

Business_Casual
01-04-08, 09:41
I am probably wrong, but I thought there was an add-on tab for use with mittens that would allow you to disengage the safety without putting a finger inside the trigger guard?

M_P

QuickStrike
01-04-08, 09:54
I am probably wrong, but I thought there was an add-on tab for use with mittens that would allow you to disengage the safety without putting a finger inside the trigger guard?

M_P
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=89085891

You're right! Found some on gunbroker. Wonder how much of the tab will stick out?

Lumpy196
01-04-08, 10:06
Good Lord Im glad you changed your mind.

Redmanfms
01-04-08, 21:53

I agree.

Need a Type III milled "replica" but can't afford a Classic; get a Vector.

If you just want an AK for social purposes and have a budget, a WASR is plenty serviceable.