PDA

View Full Version : viper pst 6-24 mounted on ar-10

turboedbug
04-01-12, 12:05
Well I finaly have my ar-10 assembled. I have a viper pst 6-24 mounted with a burris p.e.p.r mount with no moa built in. I shot it yesterday but it was so windy I decided to go home. While I was home I disconnected the upper from the lower and tried sighting it in. I looked down the barrel at an object and tried putting the cross hairs onto it. The cross hairs were higher than the target so I began to lower the cross hairs. Turning the turret counter clockwise it stopped at its endpoint and it still is to high......am I doing something wrong? Maybe I am just being an idiot.

SomeOtherGuy
04-01-12, 19:56
How close was the object? Your scope is roughly 2.6 to 3 inches higher than the bore line, and you may not be able to (nor would you want to) boresight the scope at an object that's closer than maybe 30 feet. In fact it would be best to boresight at something 50-100 yards away, or using one of the boresighting tools.

turboedbug
04-02-12, 08:10
That's exactly what I did about 20' away. This weekend I will have the opertunity to try and hit paper and see what's up.

Alaskapopo
04-05-12, 23:01
That's exactly what I did about 20' away. This weekend I will have the opertunity to try and hit paper and see what's up.

No 20 feet is not enough that is like a 1500 yard zero. You need to bore sight at at least 50 yards to compensate for the scope over bore height difference. But I don't bore sight. I take a large sheet of cardboard and put a orange sticker or post it not on it. Put that at 25 yards and fire 1 round make the correct adjustment and repeat until your approximately 2 inches low at 25 yards this will put you nearly dead on at 100 yards. Now go to 100 yards and fire your groups to zero. This usually only takes me about 10 to 12 rounds.
Pat