PDA

View Full Version : How is the PSS Holster for IWB Carry?

OldState
04-01-12, 22:56
I'm looking for feedback on how the Personal Security Systems holster carries and most importantly conceals in the IWB configuration.

I'm looking for one for a M&P 45 and was thinking of getting the Ultimate IWB package. However if it is not that good as a IWB, I will order it as a OWB only and pick up a different rig for IWB.

CaptainDooley
04-01-12, 23:26
I've been wearing mine for over a year now, primarily IWB. I just received the Ultimate IWB package a couple of weeks ago and have been very pleased with how it carries and conceals. In fact, this past weekend I wore it tucked, which is the first time I've ever worn a holster tucked. When I walked out of the room my wife's response was, "You're not wearing your gun to dinner tonight?".

With the Ultimate IWB setup, it's easily the most comfortable holster I've worn IWB - including the leather rigs I've had.

Steve S.
04-02-12, 00:56
If you try it and don't like it - we will give you a full refund within 30 days. We will also compensate the shipping charges. Full refund, no BS restocking charges.

I won't speak too much on the actual attachment, just know in it's current form, it's a bit different then pictured on the website and slightly different than what's being discussed over in the Tactical Gear - Tactical Gear forum here. Mainly, the digging issue that some noticed while wearing far forward has been addressed.

As someone who has concealed carried for years, I love that package. Some say I am a bit biased though....

Sam
04-02-12, 07:29
Steve:
What is your shipping address so I can send back the prototype products?
Thanks

OldState
04-02-12, 09:44
If you try it and don't like it - we will give you a full refund within 30 days. We will also compensate the shipping charges. Full refund, no BS restocking charges.

I won't speak too much on the actual attachment, just know in it's current form, it's a bit different then pictured on the website and slightly different than what's being discussed over in the Tactical Gear - Tactical Gear forum here. Mainly, the digging issue that some noticed while wearing far forward has been addressed.

As someone who has concealed carried for years, I love that package. Some say I am a bit biased though....

That is comforting to hear. Is there a photo of what has changed? Its looks as though your quick order option for the full size M&P 45 TS looks like it will fit the bill unless you would recommend otherwise for this pistol.

Quick question though, would your full length sweat guard cover the thumb safety?

Steve S.
04-02-12, 17:42
Steve:
What is your shipping address so I can send back the prototype products?
Thanks

Cool man. Got your email but was waiting til I got to the PC to type a longer response. I have no issues if you want to run it a bit longer. If not....

22409 Old Mill
Woodhaven, MI

That's my home address. My office space has those small little unit boxes that nothing fits into, and it will get snagged if USPS leaves it out front.

For the Google Maps hunters, my office is at...

PSS
524 Oak Street
Wyandotte, MI

That is comforting to hear. Is there a photo of what has changed? Its looks as though your quick order option for the full size M&P 45 TS looks like it will fit the bill unless you would recommend otherwise for this pistol.

Quick question though, would your full length sweat guard cover the thumb safety?

I only have a photo on hand of my T&E sample. It's very close to what we are shipping. The only difference is the eyelets on the wing that the soft loop connects to has been raised to alleviate any digging and lower the holster more in it's standard setting.

http://img.tapatalk.com/aeef2543-2aac-eba1.jpg

We can mold the thumb safety into any of the M&P models aside from the 9c/40c/357c. However, the Ready Now stuff sports a reduced guard - so it won't matter if you go that route. The reduced guard is much preferred overall.

Just listed more Ready Now models and everything is back in stock...

OldState
04-02-12, 19:35
Thanks guys.

Steve-the pic is helpful, thanks An order is inbound.

Any chance you will have quick order mag pouches? :)

awm14hp
04-02-12, 20:14
I carry a G35 IWB with a light no issues at all

Sam
04-02-12, 21:46
Steve:
Thanks for the address, it's heading out tomorrow. I don't carry the glock so there's no need to test it any further. It should go to others that can use it.

CQC.45
04-03-12, 15:42
I would highly recommend trying PSS's new IWB wings. I run them on my holster for a G19 WITH WX150, and it is comfortable as hell. On par with the leather/hybrid holsters out there with all of the benefits of a kydex pancake holster.

OldState
04-03-12, 15:52
I would highly recommend trying PSS's new IWB wings. I run them on my holster for a G19 WITH WX150, and it is comfortable as hell. On par with the leather/hybrid holsters out there with all of the benefits of a kydex pancake holster.

Are the IWB wings included in the Ultimate Package?

OldState
05-18-12, 07:29

sikwidit
05-18-12, 20:01
Yes. I recently purchased the ultimate IWB package for my M&P and it included the wings.