PDA

View Full Version : M&P 45 Reset Mod

OldState
04-02-12, 10:20
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=8317157

I came across this last night. I just ordered a full size 45 with TS and an Apex FSS but I noticed Apex still has not released the RAM for this pistol.

I have tried the FSS on a few 9s and 40s that also had the RAM and liked it a lot.

I'm new to this platform and thought this was interesting. Are there any issues with what this guy has done?

Lomshek
04-02-12, 16:21
That looks good and it's worth exploring. It looks like he's just adding a little tension to the bar so it smacks over to reset with some authority instead of just slipping over as the factory has it set.

Wish he would not make such a habit of flagging his hand during the demo. He seems awful comfortable with using his hand as a backstop.

C4IGrant
04-02-12, 16:29
Apex Tactical is coming out with a reset device for the M&P 45's (and and M&P with TS).

I am personally not a fan of bending the trigger ba (if I don't have to).

YMMV.

C4

blacklabel66
04-02-12, 20:21
I've tried this and noticed absolutely no difference at all. Although after shooting my friends M&P I think I might have a faulty trigger system in mine. It has never failed me but the trigger is extremely squishy with no discernible break even after the DCAEK. The DCAEK improved the reset slightly but before I had the double, or false reset problem.

OldState
04-02-12, 20:59
Apex Tactical is coming out with a reset device for the M&P 45's (and and M&P with TS).

I am personally not a fan of bending the trigger ba (if I don't have to).

YMMV.

C4

Very interested in this but wasn't supposed to be almost ready to release in January?

After seeing this video I'm a bit baffled as to why SW would not reengineer this part. It seems simple unless I'm missing something.

danelrey
04-02-12, 21:48
Very interested in this but wasn't supposed to be almost ready to release in January?

The last I've heard is this:

http://www.apextactical.com/blog/index.php/random-apex/breaking-news-from-apex/

"scott says:
January 23, 2012 at 8:44 am

We have the first batch of production prototype samples on hand. We’re going to be putting them through their paces before releasing them.

It’s likely to be 3 months until they’re released."
-----

If someone has a newer estimate please post it.