PDA

View Full Version : Blackhawk 61PW00BK Padded Weapons Case vs Blackhawk 64RC Rifle Case

feedramp
04-02-12, 11:18
Curious which is a better all-around case for a 16" M4 as a range transport bag. Other suggestions welcome.

Blackhawk 64RC Rifle Cases

If you need a top quality protective carry case for your valuable firearms then the BLACKHAWK!® Rifle Case is for you. It is constructed with 1000 denier nylon which is highly abrasion and mildew resistant. Our padding is .375” closed cell foam which absorbs the shock but not water.

• Wrap around handle & handle grabber
• Removable foam inserts
• #9 YKK® heavy-duty zipper and sliders
• Detachable and fully adjustable padded shoulder strap
• Adjustable lid on mag pouches
• Full opening for shooting mat capability

37"x2.5"x11.5"

Keep your weapons secure and protected with BLACKHAWK!’s Padded Weapons Case.

Features

Constructed of 1000 denier nylon and closed-cell foam
Internal divider allows you to carry more than one weapon side by side
Padded, zippered exterior utility pouch for handgun or accessories
Large exterior utility pouch secured by hook & loop
Removable shoulder strap with HawkTex™ non-slip shoulder pad
Full-opening zipper for shooting mat configuration

Dimensions

38” x 3.5” x 14”

Pax
04-02-12, 11:49
Having owned their pants, several holsters, holster platforms, light carriers and other accessories, I am NEVER buying Blackhawk equipment ever again and I am not alone. I highly suggest that you avoid their equipment if at all possible. If I were in the market for a soft case, I would first try to find a Sneaky Bag. If I couldnt, I'd stop by Voodoo Tactical. If money was not an object and protection was paramount, Id spend a bit more on a Pelican 1720 or similar. Any of these options would be perfectly acceptable to me, any Blackhawk equipment I would immediately avoid or get rid of. Id rather have a Condor case than a Blackhawk.

feedramp
04-02-12, 12:04
Thanks for the input. I searched Blackhawk cases here and it didn't come up with any good results. Glad I didn't pull the trigger on one of those yet!