PDA

View Full Version : Thompson Machine "The Sixteen"

mdboxster
04-02-12, 13:50
Anyone have thoughts on the quality of a Thompson Machine Sweet Sixteen suppressor? Any thoughts will be appreciated.
Don S in Maryland aka The Peoples Paradise

motoduck
04-02-12, 16:26
I don't own any Thompson supressors so I cannot comment on them from experience. In general, they are resonably priced, if you know a stocking dealer I would inspect one before purchase. I looks comperable to a YHM can in size, weight and price. I prefer some sort of quick detachment system over threaded on cans. I don't see the utility of a centerfire rifle can being disassembled. The only reason would be to clean after shooting .22 rimfire. But, dedicated .22 cans are inexpensive, small and much lighter than that a centerfire can. I would not hang a big, heavy, 223 can off my .22 pistol or rifle? I do like the Thompson .22 and centerfire pistol cans. I have been tempted to buy a Poseidon. The last time I stoped by Engauge Armament in Silver Spring they had several Thompson cans in stock.

Good Luck

99HMC4
04-02-12, 22:36
I'm a Thompson machine dealer and I'm really liking them. I'll post some pics and vids of my thirty here soon...