PDA

View Full Version : FDE G3 & G4 Glock's

Pages : [1] 2

OldGreg
04-02-12, 19:04
Damn, it's true.. they do exist. I saw these come up in our computer system a few weeks ago, but had to wonder if it was a typo. Apparently not! Shit... now I want a couple.

Thanks to Military Times/Gearscout for the pic & heads-up.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v327/Tonesnob/FDEGlockjpg.jpg

hunt_ak
04-02-12, 19:19
Very cool!

Gutshot John
04-02-12, 19:32
For an extra $100+...mmmm no thanks.

JHC
04-02-12, 19:33
Oh well sure if you want THAT. But why not THIS: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=279936945#PIC

:lol:

hunt_ak
04-02-12, 19:35
For an extra $100+...mmmm no thanks.

Is that so?

Dobie
04-02-12, 19:38
Not bad looking but I wouldnt pay a cent extra for it. When I go the the hardware store to buy a hammer color isnt a factor - Glocks either. Personally I wish they were putting more towards function these days than fashion. FDE doesnt mean much if the brass is bouncing off your nose.

VIP3R 237
04-02-12, 19:41
Cool, but not for a $100 upcharge. Ritdye works for me

Oh well sure if you want THAT. But why not THIS: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=279936945#PIC

:lol:

That was pretty interesting for sure.

Icculus
04-02-12, 19:55
Ritdye works for me

Good luck with that. You can dye to a darker color but you can't really go lighter so once it's black it's black. Totally agree though that while cool, not worth the premium price.

Gutshot John
04-02-12, 19:59
Is that so?

Yep.

There is no cost difference in production at all. They dont' even need different equipment.

Haven't you heard? Black is the new black.

F-Trooper05
04-02-12, 20:29
First running clothes, now more expensive colors. I'm telling you guys, someone quit at SIG and got hired on at Glock.

hunt_ak
04-02-12, 20:37
First running clothes, now more expensive colors. I'm telling you guys, someone quit at SIG and got hired on at Glock.

Woah, woah, woah, are you telling me that my wife can have Glock yoga pants?!

F-Trooper05
04-02-12, 20:45
Woah, woah, woah, are you telling me that my wife can have Glock yoga pants?!

Yup, and look über sexy for the Falla class next month. ;-)

VIP3R 237
04-02-12, 22:58
Good luck with that. You can dye to a darker color but you can't really go lighter so once it's black it's black. Totally agree though that while cool, not worth the premium price.

oh did I say ritdye? I meant to say cerakote... Yeah we'll stick to that story.

JEC75
04-02-12, 23:05
Dealer price is the same as the regular black ones. No upcharge from Lipsey's.

Larry Vickers
04-02-12, 23:27
I just ordered some today and dealer is the same as a standard black version- for those who are into US Spec Ops history a FDE 3rd Gen G22 was specified and purchased by an elite US Army special missions unit- up until now they were the only FDE Glocks ever made

Based on that and the desirability of the OD Green frame Glocks now it would be a wise move to get at least one while they last

I have one each G17 and G22 in Gen 3 and 4 on the way

Be safe

LAV

Gutshot John
04-03-12, 00:16
Dealer price is the same as the regular black ones. No upcharge from Lipsey's.

That would be true if they were the only Glock dealer in the market.

Lipsey's is charging a full hundred dollars more for all their guns than could be had on the market. Black or FDE. If you view FDE as being worth a $100 premium knock yourself out. For me, I have better things to do with my money...ammo, magazines, training...

Buds (https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/69579)

Glockstore (http://glockstore.com/pgroup_descrip/429_Glock+Factory+Handguns+for+Sale/7982_Glock+19+-+9mm/?return=%3ftpl%3Dindex%26category_id%3D429%26_Glock%2BFactory%2BHandguns%2Bfor%2BSale%2F)

TopGlock (http://www.topglock.com/item/435126_Glock_Handguns_Pistols_GLOCKreg_19_GEN_4_9MM_bullBarrel_4quotnbspnbsp_b.aspx)

Steve S.
04-03-12, 01:38
I just ordered some today and dealer is the same as a standard black version- for those who are into US Spec Ops history a FDE 3rd Gen G22 was specified and purchased by an elite US Army special missions unit- up until now they were the only FDE Glocks ever made

Based on that and the desirability of the OD Green frame Glocks now it would be a wise move to get at least one while they last

Be safe

LAV

Larry,

Now that you've mentioned publicly that SF has procured Glocks, can you elaborate on why they went with .40SW over 9mm or .45ACP?

As always, it's a pleasure to see you taking the time to post here, sir.

Larry Vickers
04-03-12, 02:39
As far as why 40 Glock over the 45 ACP G21 my guess would be magazine capacity and overall size of the gun as two main reasons -the G22 is much easier to manage than a G21 which is a big pistol- why they chose 40 over 9mm your guess is as good as mine; I didn't agree with it then and I don't agree with it now

Be safe

LAV

polymorpheous
04-03-12, 03:08
Funny, my OD frame G26 is nearly the same color. :confused:

Eurodriver
04-03-12, 04:05
Not bad looking but I wouldnt pay a cent extra for it. When I go the the hardware store to buy a hammer color isnt a factor - Glocks either. Personally I wish they were putting more towards function these days than fashion. FDE doesnt mean much if the brass is bouncing off your nose.

This is exactly the same mentality I have.

Be safe

LAV

I have a mid 2011 manufactuer Gen3 G19 and with Speer Gold Dot ammo I get hit in the face with brass every round. I also have a 2001 G19 that works flawlessly.

If Glock would fix that issue with their new pistols, I really wouldn't mind having an FDE G17 even with the price increase. Is there something you do to your Glocks to resolve this issue or now that its mid 2012 have those issues been fixed?

Maybe this is a subject for another thread, maybe not. I only ask because I would pull the trigger on one right now if I knew it wasn't going to have this issue.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
04-03-12, 05:11
Maybe this is a subject for another thread, maybe not. I only ask because I would pull the trigger on one right now if I knew it wasn't going to have this issue.

Same here. Im bidding on a Gen 2 19 and asking my LGS to reserve any OD 9mm Gen 3s that came through the door for when I return. If the kinks HAVE BEEN worked out (not "are being" worked out), then I will drop 550-650 for an FDE gun.

Its just plain silly to say that aesthetics dont mean anything. We wouldnt take hundreds of pictures of our guns in static poses if that were the case.

djegators
04-03-12, 06:16
I do not see actual prices on Lipsey's site, unless I am missing it. They list their MSRP, and a link to find a dealer. I think I will have my FFL see what he can get me one for.

Eurodriver
04-03-12, 06:42
Same here. Im bidding on a Gen 2 19 and asking my LGS to reserve any OD 9mm Gen 3s that came through the door for when I return. If the kinks HAVE BEEN worked out (not "are being" worked out), then I will drop 550-650 for an FDE gun.

Its just plain silly to say that aesthetics dont mean anything. We wouldnt take hundreds of pictures of our guns in static poses if that were the case.

Its tough to wade through both the Glock fanboy and hater BS and get an honest answer as to whether or not the problem is fixed. Some don't even think brass ejecting in line with the barrel at 6 o'clock is even a problem. :confused:

Eurodriver
04-03-12, 06:59

Its tough to wade through both the Glock fanboy and hater BS and get an honest answer as to whether or not the problem is fixed. Some don't even think brass ejecting in line with the barrel at 6 o'clock is even a problem. :confused:

mannichine
04-03-12, 07:11

I have not studied this alleged issue, so I don't know if this is specific to Gen 3s or Gen 4s, but I have a Gen 4 G26 produced around March of 2011 that has never once ejected brass rearward. When shooting indoors, brass usually hits the wall to my right.

JHC
04-03-12, 07:52

I've seen brass land on my frakking slide more than 10 years ago? Glocks aren't historically known for consistent ejection patterns. Some might. None of my Gen 1's, 2's, 3's or 4's were especially consistent until this new Gen 4 G26. But all those inconsistent guns ran tens of thousands of rounds worth of reliable functioning. So I never cared.

Now if they are hitting you in the face/forehead consistently - which I see one of your is - have you done the ejector upgrade? Sorry, I haven't followed all these threads if you've covered that already? Since that part is out and available I'd try that first. Then I'd go after extractor swapping if the new ejectors didn't settle it down as well as that HRED part. It's a PIA but we're not talking big bucks.
Or dump the gun and get another. There are a lot good new Glocks out there. We're 8-0 at picking winners (Gens 3 and 4) since 2010.

Trajan
04-03-12, 07:56
If the price is the same, this might make me pick up a G19 finally.

JHC
04-03-12, 08:03

Be safe

LAV

I wonder if these units have had any experience with the Gen 4's of any caliber yet and generally what that experience has been?

JEC75
04-03-12, 08:07

Lipsey's is charging a full hundred dollars more for all their guns than could be had on the market. Black or FDE. If you view FDE as being worth a $100 premium knock yourself out. For me, I have better things to do with my money...ammo, magazines, training...

Glockstore (http://glockstore.com/pgroup_descrip/429_Glock+Factory+Handguns+for+Sale/7982_Glock+19+-+9mm/?return=%3ftpl%3Dindex%26category_id%3D429%26_Glock%2BFactory%2BHandguns%2Bfor%2BSale%2F)

TopGlock (http://www.topglock.com/item/435126_Glock_Handguns_Pistols_GLOCKreg_19_GEN_4_9MM_bullBarrel_4quotnbspnbsp_b.aspx)

Lipsey's is strictly a wholesaler. They do not sell directly to the public only to FFL dealers. The prices you are seeing are MSRP. I know for a fact that they are selling them to dealers for the same everyday price as the black ones. Its up to the dealers to determine the price they sell to you.

Eurodriver
04-03-12, 10:26
I've seen brass land on my frakking slide more than 10 years ago? Glocks aren't historically known for consistent ejection patterns. Some might. None of my Gen 1's, 2's, 3's or 4's were especially consistent until this new Gen 4 G26. But all those inconsistent guns ran tens of thousands of rounds worth of reliable functioning. So I never cared.

Now if they are hitting you in the face/forehead consistently - which I see one of your is - have you done the ejector upgrade? Sorry, I haven't followed all these threads if you've covered that already? Since that part is out and available I'd try that first. Then I'd go after extractor swapping if the new ejectors didn't settle it down as well as that HRED part. It's a PIA but we're not talking big bucks.
Or dump the gun and get another. There are a lot good new Glocks out there. We're 8-0 at picking winners (Gens 3 and 4) since 2010.

I'm not concerned about where the brass ejects. For all I care it can vaporize in mid air. But when I get hit square in the nose, that is a huge issue in a firefight. I will say that it has been flawlessly reliable (My 2011 Manuf. Gen 3 G19) but the brass issue is a problem. Also, it seems to only happen with quality self defense ammo like Speer, Hornady, etc. This does not happen with my 2011 Manuf. Gen 3 G26 however.

I have not done the ejector upgrade, I will have to look into that.

polymorpheous
04-03-12, 10:27
Side track:
How are you guys determining the manufacture date?
I bought my G17 used.

C4IGrant
04-03-12, 10:36

Ii think there is some confusion here. Lipseys price to dealers is the SAME as Black Glock's. Now dealers can sell them for whatever price they like, but we plan on selling them for the normal rate.

C4

polymorpheous
04-03-12, 10:38
Ii think there is some confusion here. Lipseys price to dealers is the SAME as Black Glock's. Now dealers can sell them for whatever price they like, but we plan on selling them for the normal rate.

C4

Whoa!
Back up...
Grant, you will be offering these FDE Glocks soon?

C4IGrant
04-03-12, 10:39
If the price is the same, this might make me pick up a G19 finally.

We have an order in an will be offering them at "normal" prices so you can come on down to the store and pick one up! ;)

C4

C4IGrant
04-03-12, 10:40
Whoa!
Back up...
Grant, you will be offering these FDE Glocks soon?

Yes. Already ordered them.

We will also be offering all the Vickers components along with sight options (Ameriglo, Trijicon HD, etc) installed (at no extra charge). ;)

C4

polymorpheous
04-03-12, 10:44
Yes. Already ordered them.

We will also be offering all the Vickers components along with sight options (Ameriglo, Trijicon HD, etc) installed (at no extra charge). ;)

C4

You, sir, are my hero!

C4IGrant
04-03-12, 10:53
You, sir, are my hero!

LOL, well if that is all it takes.....

C4

Magsz
04-03-12, 10:59
Side track:
I bought my G17 used.

There should be a test fire cartridge that is date stamped (the envelope) in the gun box.

JHC
04-03-12, 11:18
Now; if only these FDE guns were RTF2.

Gutshot John
04-03-12, 11:23
Was confused thank you for clarifying all. These would be interesting at the same price.

Biggy
04-03-12, 12:08
Am I right to assume that unlike Magpul P-Mags the Glock FDE frames are as strong as the standard black ones ?

orionz06
04-03-12, 12:10
Am I right to assume that unlike Magpul P-Mags the Glock FDE frames are as strong as the standard black ones ?

I think a safe assumption would be that the previous color was not an issue and thus this one should be the same. In addition, comparison to the FDE Pmags might not be fair as they were subject to far different loads and conditions.

Apples to golf balls.

MTechnik
04-03-12, 12:54

I'd like one in FDE with an EXO slide so that it can be hidden under a thin linen shirt without looking like a big lump of black, like my current glock does.

polymorpheous
04-03-12, 13:02
There should be a test fire cartridge that is date stamped (the envelope) in the gun box.

The pistol is used.
No case, no cartridge.

Shawn.L
04-03-12, 13:36
Grant, I want one.
Maybe I'll even dive in and see how the 4th Gen guns are doing now.....

and maybe Im a bit confused on my GLOCK info, but I thought they wherent making 3rd Gen guns anymore ? So if they have FDE 3rd Gen guns are these old stock or new production and they are still making (and will keep making) 3rd Gen guns ? (With 4th gen parts that dont work, or something like that)

Gutshot John
04-03-12, 14:51
The pistol is used.
No case, no cartridge.

You should be able to call Glock with the SN and they'll tell you when it was made.

glocktogo
04-03-12, 15:16
I'd be down for a FDE 17 or 34, but only if I can get a blue label gun from our area's LE distributor.

C4IGrant
04-03-12, 15:47
I'd be down for a FDE 17 or 34, but only if I can get a blue label gun from our area's LE distributor.

Don't think that is going to happen.

C4

Shokr21
04-03-12, 15:52
Don't think that is going to happen.

C4

Why would these not be available at blue line prices? It would stand to reason that if the dealers are getting these at the same prices as regular all black glocks that blue line glocks would still be available.

Or are you anticipating these not lasting long on shelves and that dealers will refuse to sell at blue line for the gained profit of the higher demand and smaller quantity?

Unless I could get a blue line, I would not buy one. The colored frame does not do ~$150 worth of anything for me.

glocktogo
04-03-12, 16:24
Why would these not be available at blue line prices? It would stand to reason that if the dealers are getting these at the same prices as regular all black glocks that blue line glocks would still be available.

Or are you anticipating these not lasting long on shelves and that dealers will refuse to sell at blue line for the gained profit of the higher demand and smaller quantity?

Unless I could get a blue line, I would not buy one. The colored frame does not do ~$150 worth of anything for me.

This. It doesn't even do $50 worth of anything for me.

steve126a
04-03-12, 16:42
Is it just me, or is Glock's versions of FDE awfully dark? When comparing that to Troy or Magpul, the Glock version is almost more like a coyote brown or darker.

I think I'd rather Cerakote my current black frame closer to Magpul's FDE.

JHC
04-03-12, 17:28
This. It doesn't even do $50 worth of anything for me.

And that's smart. But for perhaps largely non-rational reasons this is going to be fun, its going to move a lot of guns. probably put a lot of older Glocks back on the used market and it may . . . may be big moment for Glock to shine or take a torpedo up the stern if the issues surface on a significant scale. I'm popping the corn!

Palmguy
04-03-12, 17:34

LE Glocks aren't just a different price point, they are blue label on the box as opposed to red for "normal" guns (assuming capacity > 10). I'd be surprised if any of these FDE guns ended up in the LE distribution chain as blue label guns.

djegators
04-03-12, 17:35
Is it just me, or is Glock's versions of FDE awfully dark? When comparing that to Troy or Magpul, the Glock version is almost more like a coyote brown or darker.

I think I'd rather Cerakote my current black frame closer to Magpul's FDE.

Could be, but it is generally safe to say it is very difficult to compare colors from online pictures...lots of variables.

djegators
04-03-12, 17:37
Side track:
I bought my G17 used.

There is a thread on glock talk that lists the info you need.

snaf
04-03-12, 17:45
We have an order in an will be offering them at "normal" prices so you can come on down to the store and pick one up! ;)

C4

if these are available to purchase online i'm definitely buying a 19 and maybe another 17 as well.

rushca01
04-03-12, 18:06
I'm interested, especially if the price is the same as a standard black Glock.

OldGreg
04-03-12, 18:09
There is a review with some different photo's on GunBlast.com (http://www.gunblast.com/Glock-21DE.htm). I haven't read it though...

~Greg

drck1000
04-03-12, 18:34
A LGS just mentioned that they have two Glock 17 and 22 FDE on the way. I've been thinking of getting a second Glock 17 as a dedicated HD/SD gun and my current 17 being a training and competition gun.

Frailer
04-03-12, 19:17
...I'd be surprised if any of these FDE guns ended up in the LE distribution chain as blue label guns.

If this is indeed a "Lipsey's Exclusive" I think that's a pretty safe bet.

JHC
04-03-12, 19:25
There is a review with some different photo's on GunBlast.com (http://www.gunblast.com/Glock-21DE.htm). I haven't read it though...

~Greg

He tested a Gen 4 G21 FDE and reported 2" or better groups at 25 yds from a machine rest. Which sounds very believable to me based on hand held rested shooting.

ROUTEMICHIGAN
04-03-12, 19:32

Agree.

Ironman8
04-03-12, 20:38
I may have missed it, but when are these supposed to be available (shipped to dealers)?

Mark71
04-03-12, 21:58
I really like the look of these FDE guns.

Just curious but why are lots of guys going with the newer Gen 3 guns over the Gen 4 Glocks? Is it because of less reported issues with the new Gen 3's? I was thinking about a new Glock and leaning towards the Gen4 due to the slightly more comfortable grip.

Thanks

dirt_diver
04-03-12, 23:06
I may have missed it, but when are these supposed to be available (shipped to dealers)?

Question of the day...

JHC
04-04-12, 00:19
I really like the look of these FDE guns.

Just curious but why are lots of guys going with the newer Gen 3 guns over the Gen 4 Glocks? Is it because of less reported issues with the new Gen 3's? I was thinking about a new Glock and leaning towards the Gen4 due to the slightly more comfortable grip.

Thanks

One can "tune" a Gen 3 trigger; lighter, more easily. That's one reason.

MegademiC
04-04-12, 01:03
Damn, it's true.. they do exist. I saw these come up in our computer system a few weeks ago, but had to wonder if it was a typo. Apparently not! Shit... now I want a couple.

Thanks to Military Times/Gearscout for the pic & heads-up.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v327/Tonesnob/FDEGlockjpg.jpg

Why does the gen 4 g23 have +2 capacity over the gen 3?

Quiet
04-04-12, 02:35

AFAIK...
These are a special limited run and the blue label pricing will not apply to them.

C4IGrant
04-04-12, 08:15

We should have some in the next few days!

C4

dirt_diver
04-04-12, 09:55
We should have some in the next few days!

C4

Outstanding! :cool:

QuietShootr
04-04-12, 10:24
All right, I admit it. I want one.

ReaperAZ
04-04-12, 10:28
Don't see how I missed this thread. I have seen a few of the OD Green versions over time and just the other day thought about having a local shop do the frame on my 19 in FDE. If these make it to dealers out here I may just have to pick up another 19 in FDE so I would have a "back up" 19. Hmmmmmm.

iomatic
04-04-12, 10:34
Are they painted or dyed or what? Thx

Palmguy
04-04-12, 10:49
Are they painted or dyed or what? Thx

No. It appears they are molded FDE just like the OD guns were OD plastic.

iomatic
04-04-12, 14:22
Thanks! Buying a frame alone would obviously be cheaper but probably not going to happen.

pr1042
04-04-12, 15:45
hopefully this will make the OD guys come down to realistic prices, there is a guy on a local forum asking 700 for a OD 17 right now

Jim D
04-04-12, 16:03
Grant, I want one.
Maybe I'll even dive in and see how the 4th Gen guns are doing now.....

and maybe Im a bit confused on my GLOCK info, but I thought they wherent making 3rd Gen guns anymore ? So if they have FDE 3rd Gen guns are these old stock or new production and they are still making (and will keep making) 3rd Gen guns ? (With 4th gen parts that dont work, or something like that)

Shawn, 3rd Gen production is alive and well.

They flip flop between them and run them at different times, but they are actively producing both, and will be for quite some time, I imagine.

Jim D
04-04-12, 16:08

Not possible.

Lipsey's had to place a mega-order to get Glock to agree to do this. And these are a commercial product... departments aren't interested in FDE framed guns as a whole. Glock never "discontinues" anything.... they just shelve it until someone calls and says they'll take 5,000 of them.

I don't even know if Lipsey's are LE distributors for Glock.

Bottom line, these were an exclusive large run that Lipsey's ordered. You're not going to see them any other way than they're offered right now... unless some other big volume buyer puts in a similar order for these, or OD Green, or whatever.

If the FBI called them tomorrow and said they wanted thousands of RTF2 guns, Glock would make them again.

Jim D
04-04-12, 16:12

Lipsey's probably had to front a lot of cash to order thousands of these (just guessing, but I doubt Glock would have agreed to do these for less than that). They're tying up a lot of money in this inventory to make this happen, so they have every right to want some added return on their added risk.

I'm not gonna buy one, but it's not like Glocks are cost prohibitive purchase guns these days. People pay more for FDE M&P's all day. Buyers are out there...

FJR
04-04-12, 16:45
Grant,

Email inquiry inbound to you with some quastions.

Thanks!

M4arc
04-04-12, 21:07
I ordered a Gen4 G19 from Grant and I can't wait to get my dirty paws on it. Unfortunately I'm going out of the country so it will probably end up sitting at the FFL for the next few weeks. :(

Ironman8
04-04-12, 21:37
I ordered a Gen4 G19 from Grant and I can't wait to get my dirty paws on it. Unfortunately I'm going out of the country so it will probably end up sitting at the FFL for the next few weeks. :(

Are you talking an FDE G19? I thought he wouldn't have them for a few days?

Larry Vickers
04-05-12, 11:36
Just talked to my bro at Lipseys - 5500 FDE Glocks sold out in 3 days!! Now you have to hit your dealer to see if he has any

More will be available in a few months- my call is they will be pre sold from Lipseys before they arrive

Bottomline is if you want one of these, and you have not already got a line on one, you need to get hot on it right now before scalper prices hit

Can't say you weren't warned....

Cheers

LAV

Ironman8
04-05-12, 11:38
Just talked to my bro at Lipseys - 5500 FDE Glocks sold out in 3 days!! Now you have to hit your dealer to see if he has any

More will be available in a few months- my call is they will be pre sold from Lipseys before they arrive

Bottomline is if you want one of these, and you have not already got a line on one, you need to get hot on it right now before scalper prices hit

Can't say you weren't warned....

Cheers

LAV

Thanks for the heads up, but how'd they sell out?

Didn't know anyone had them in stock yet???

orionz06
04-05-12, 11:44
A local shop has a G19 in. Hopefully a 17 or two.

Stephen_H
04-05-12, 11:55
Thanks for the heads up, but how'd they sell out?

Didn't know anyone had them in stock yet???

Sold out to dealer/distributors from the sole supplier. You'll need to find one on the shelf at your local gun store now.

Stephen

Ironman8
04-05-12, 11:59
Sold out to dealer/distributors from the sole supplier. You'll need to find one on the shelf at your local gun store now.

Stephen

Ohhh gotcha. Thanks!

rushca01
04-05-12, 13:06
So the question is, are Grant's guns that he ordered all spoken for already?

Evan_O
04-05-12, 13:33
They're already showing up on GB. $500 for a gen3 but no buy it now option....

From looking at the online photos I'm not seeing a big difference between these and the OD, although the OD always looked different in person so maybe that's the case with FDE as well.

Ironman8
04-05-12, 13:36
They're already showing up on GB. $500 for a gen3 but no buy it now option....

From looking at the online photos I'm not seeing a big difference between these and the OD, although the OD always looked different in person so maybe that's the case with FDE as well.

I saw one today at a LGS. The color IMO is somewhere between FDE and CB...not quite the same as Magpul's FDE...

ETA: I still want one ;)

Evan_O
04-05-12, 13:52
Good to know, thanks!

FChen17213
04-05-12, 14:55
Yes, they've started showing up on gunbroker. I'm guessing that the G17, G19, and G22s will be bid up very high real quickly. There's just too many factors that will make these Glocks desirable. In addition, my LGS's have been saying that they can't keep 9mm Glocks in stock. The panic buys have already begun and people are trying to stock up on Glocks before the election.

Heavy Metal
04-05-12, 18:14
Grant,

Please check your PM.

Obagual
04-05-12, 18:32
I picked mine up last night from my local dealer. I got the gen 3 19 over the gen 4. Don't know why but hopefully I won't regret that.

P Schütze
04-05-12, 19:07
Just bought a Gen 3 17.

suhu
04-05-12, 19:28
I regretted selling my OD G19 a while back, so I was pleasantly surprised to see these. Not to mention I was in the market for a few new Glocks anyway. Gen 4 G19 and G17.

Greg Kulbick
04-06-12, 11:45
I just ordered a couple gen4 19s yesterday afternoon. Our rep at Lipseys said gen3 19s were sold out until another batch comes in.

arrigoni
04-06-12, 15:11
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/tarrigoni/58e6dcc4.jpg

kaptain86
04-06-12, 16:09
I'll be getting a FDE G19 from Grant whenever they come in, he's great to do business with.

Curry
04-06-12, 16:53
I just picked up my FDE Glock 19 Gen 3. Lots of people were asking how the color compared to other FDE stuff. Here is a pic of it next to a FDE PMAG.

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk197/AshleeandBen/IMG_4284.jpg

polymorpheous
04-06-12, 17:00
Looks like it is more of a SOCOM FDE.

demkofour
04-06-12, 20:33
I'll be getting a FDE G19 from Grant whenever they come in, he's great to do business with.

+1 on this- I emailed Grant back on Tuesday when posts started to appear on the FDE GLOCKs and I got on line at that time. He is an outstanding dealer and will let us know when the guns are in stock.

Odglock
04-06-12, 20:47
Here are the 2 I picked up today. G19 and G23http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r174/johnyoung01/5856c6fd.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r174/johnyoung01/71f4413c.jpg

M4arc
04-06-12, 20:52
Are you talking an FDE G19? I thought he wouldn't have them for a few days?

I don't think Grant has them in yet but he'll have them in soon. Even if they came in and he shipped to my FFL I won't be home so...sucks for me.

Palmguy
04-06-12, 21:04
Found a Gen4 19 that was the same price as a black gun would have been for me so I went ahead and grabbed it. I really liked the OD guns, have three OD guns (17, 19, and 34); never was willing to over pay though. Hopefully these FDE guns will become more than just a special run.

P Schütze
04-06-12, 21:36
Bought a Gen3 19 to go along with my Gen3 17 I bought earlier this week. Should have them the first of next week. Can't wait!

LRB45
04-07-12, 08:11

Be safe

LAV

That is an interesting tidbit of information! Can you shed alittle more light on this? Recent acquisation?

JHC
04-07-12, 08:31
That is an interesting tidbit of information! Can you shed alittle more light on this? Recent acquisation?

Not so recent. Early in the GWOT as it's been related to me.

jukeboxx13
04-07-12, 09:49
that g23 looks beautiful i want it..

Vgex2
04-07-12, 10:40
Glock 17 Gen 4 FDE ordered!!

djegators
04-07-12, 10:47
Anyone considering keeping these as part of a collection, or are most just gonna shoot the heck out of them?

ryr8828
04-07-12, 10:54
Anyone considering keeping these as part of a collection, or are most just gonna shoot the heck out of them?

I'll definitely shoot mine some.

Not planning on carrying it though.

Ironman8
04-07-12, 11:08
Not planning on carrying it though.

Any reason why not?

C4IGrant
04-07-12, 11:09
Grant is all sold out so no need to ask me about if we have any more. ;)

C4

JHC
04-07-12, 12:00

No we'll shoot the hell out of them to test a batch of new prod Gen 4's.

rushca01
04-07-12, 12:09
Anybody got a line on a 19 gen 3? There are several on GB but they are all no reserve auctions. It would go nicely with my od green 19 that I paid 499 for... Before they were "desirable".

JHC
04-07-12, 12:12
No just Gen 3 G23's.

ryr8828
04-07-12, 12:25
Any reason why not?

Already have a carry handgun.

Ironman8
04-07-12, 12:28
Already have a carry handgun.

Gotcha, I'm just now moving to Glocks so I was planning on one of these being a carry gun...just didn't know if I was missing something as to why these shouldn't be carried over the standard black variant...

Robc1219
04-07-12, 12:47
Just put money down on the G19 Gen 3 at my local shop. I loved the FDE/CB def not tan...He sold 3 in like 2 days. He has one Gen 4 G17 left on his shelf for NoVA folks...Stonewall arms.. $520 is what i paid. I think its reasonable for a G19 gen 3

FailureDrill-P099
04-07-12, 13:23
Once you guys get these and brake them down, let use know what ejector and extractor combos are in them, and how they are shooting.

OldGreg
04-07-12, 15:03
336 ejector w/ regular connector in the G3 17 i looked at. A "Dot" connector & 30274 ejector in the G4 17

~G

Obagual
04-07-12, 16:55
My gen 3 19 FDE has the 336 ejector. Shot 100 rounds yesterday and had about 20 pieces of brass hit me in the head:(

JHC
04-07-12, 17:03
Shot the FDE Gen 4 G19 and Gen 4 G17 within the hour. Just a sample, 100 through the 19, 50 in the 17.

Both have the new ejector and while they should be standard with the dot connectors and that's what they felt like I haven't stripped them to confirm. I have not taken them down to see anything about the extractors.

They ran great but this round count ins't even an appetizer.

Shawn.L
04-07-12, 17:36
"." connector
30274 on the ejector
not sure how to tell what extractor
Gen 4 G17
close to 200 rounds today and it ran fine

El Cid
04-07-12, 17:38
No G34 or 21SF.... Oh well. :(

drck1000
04-07-12, 18:46
I prepaid for a Gen 4 Glock 17 FDE that a LGS has coming in early next week. Two shops were bringing them in and it sounds like they are selling pretty quickly.

JHC
04-08-12, 10:21
updated totals:
100 rounds in Gen 4 G19 FDE
230 rounds in Gen 4 G17 FDE

Good function, good ejection, latest ejector in both guns.
G17 impacts pretty high at 25 yards. Will need a .245 tall front.

arrigoni
04-08-12, 11:31
I used mine in a 3 gun match this weekend. I forgot how much I hate the stock Glock sights and a brand new Glock trigger. Gotta switch out the sights and break that trigger in!

Odglock
04-08-12, 20:54
Once you guys get these and brake them down, let use know what ejector and extractor combos are in them, and how they are shooting.

The g19 has a 336 and the g23 has an 1882.

TeamGrazzi
04-09-12, 11:37
Wonder if you can get them through the Individual Officer Program :haha: I would hate to have to buy 2 Glocks

hunt_ak
04-09-12, 16:35
Boys better get in line...next run is a few months out...ok, many months out...:(

trinydex
04-10-12, 01:14
As far as why 40 Glock over the 45 ACP G21 my guess would be magazine capacity and overall size of the gun as two main reasons -the G22 is much easier to manage than a G21 which is a big pistol- why they chose 40 over 9mm your guess is as good as mine; I didn't agree with it then and I don't agree with it now

Be safe

LAV

i had once wondered why the sti 2011 tactical "us" was in .40

but now i see.

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j463/adge502/STITactical%20US/DSCN0978.jpg

JHC
04-10-12, 07:57
Yeah but that one didn't work out so well as the story goes.

zodtgr8
04-10-12, 10:41
Yeah, if I remember, Patrick Sweeney mentioned that the mags just couldn't stand the abuse that they were exposed to when they became a regular part of the unit guys' firing schedule.

I've always wondered about their choice of .40 as well. Probably like LAV mentioned, the G21 is a brick of a gun in the hand. Factor in a .mil environment where you can't load your mags full of JHPs. The ability to make a bigger hole with a heavier bullet (well, than 9mm, at least) in the bad guy becomes that much more useful, and a .40 makes a little more sense.

JHC
04-10-12, 11:54
I just assumed they are absolute scientists about such things and prolly went .40 for the incremental improvement in barrier penetration esp glass and assault vests full of AK mags. But maybe not. Maybe just a classic split the diff between 9mm and .45 to bring peace to a Team Room arguing over pistols. :D

Lost River
04-10-12, 12:44

Shoot the crap out of it. Then shoot it some more.

orionz06
04-10-12, 12:45
I have a goal of at least 5,000 rounds by the end of summer, maybe more.

drck1000
04-10-12, 14:16
Shoot the crap out of it. Then shoot it some more.

I have a goal of at least 5,000 rounds by the end of summer, maybe more.

Same here. Mine will be shot lots. Not quite 5,000 rounds, but hopefully at least 2,000 before training classes this fall. My 17FDE, which is currently on order, will be sharing time with my black 17 and also a 34.

QuietShootr
04-12-12, 08:06
OK - I have an FDE 19 Gen 3. If anyone wants to trade it for an FDE G17 gen 3, please message me ASAP.

orionz06
04-12-12, 22:00
30274 ejector, dot connector

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/orionz06/5cfd3a03.jpg

C4IGrant
04-13-12, 08:40

I see you got your shiny new toy safe and sound. :D

C4

orionz06
04-13-12, 08:41
I see you got your shiny new toy safe and sound. :D

C4

Of course. Ripped those stupid sights off about 30 seconds after the pic was taken too.

Heavy Metal
04-13-12, 11:11
My new toy safely arrived yesterday.

Vgex2
04-13-12, 12:31
Picked up mine today as well.

http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt230/Vgex/Free%20Arms/Glock%2017%20Gen%204%20FDE/P1060263.jpg

cdvanns
04-13-12, 15:59
Dammit I just couldn't withstand the mindbending allure of the FDE,so I will soon be the owner of a Gen.3 G19...WTFARK is wrong with me...LOL!

Stephen_H
04-13-12, 16:28
Got in a Gen3 G17 (thanks Grant!!) and decided to color match the slide with "Burnt Bronze" Cerakote. Turned out to be a really close match. This one is going to get shot a LOT.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v342/stephen_101st/Gear/FDEG17Gen38.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v342/stephen_101st/Gear/FDEG17Gen37.jpg

orionz06
04-13-12, 16:46
Got in a Gen3 G17 (thanks Grant!!) and decided to color match the slide with "Burnt Bronze" Cerakote. Turned out to be a really close match. This one is going to get shot a LOT.

Shexy (read in Sean Connery voice)

RIDE
04-13-12, 16:59
Got in a Gen3 G17 (thanks Grant!!) and decided to color match the slide with "Burnt Bronze" Cerakote. Turned out to be a really close match...

Very nice!! Who did the Cerakote, and how much did it cost if you don't mind my asking?

Heavy Metal
04-13-12, 17:36
Shot mine this evening. It shot fine, ejected better than my Gen 3 07 G-19 daily carry piece. The last casing out of the 1st magazine zapped my glasses but all others ejected fine. Put about 5 mags thru it.

Talon167
04-13-12, 20:33

That looks fantastic!

feedramp
04-13-12, 21:22
Now THAT looks complete. Much better than stock.

Shawn.L
04-13-12, 21:23
well, Ive got ~450 failure free rounds on mine. I shot some Federal AE 124's and a bunch of Blazer Aluminum and some 124 HST's . Everything seems to point towards the gun running. I'll be very happy, besides the color, to see Gen 4's running reliably .

Once I get decent sights on I'll shoot for accuracy, see if there is any diff between it and my Gen 3's .

now..... Im sure they will toss me under the bus of the "tactical fashion" thread..... but anyone got a black 4th Gen G17 want to trade some back straps ? I prefer the term "metrotactical" :)

G19A3
04-14-12, 10:57

What holster is that? It looks really interesting, very minimalistic.

Palmguy
04-14-12, 11:01
Looks like a Raven Vanguard 2

JHC
04-14-12, 15:59
150 rounds in a FDE Gen 3 G17. Zero malfunctions. Lots of brass (PMC 115gr) ejecting weakly (336 ejector) with a few landing on my head. I will probably get the ejector upgraded one day.

C45P312
04-16-12, 10:07
Just picked my set up

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/C45P312/Firearms/6b5efafb.jpg

JHC
04-16-12, 11:36
310 rounds, zero malfs with this Gen 3. It's a shooter. RTF2 spoils me for any other texture however.

MTechnik
04-16-12, 14:55
310 rounds, zero malfs with this Gen 3. It's a shooter. RTF2 spoils me for any other texture however.

Until you try IWB carry without an undershirt.

http://i.imgur.com/vZSP5.jpg

Shawn.L
04-16-12, 16:15
Until you try IWB carry without an undershirt.

http://i.imgur.com/vZSP5.jpg

I do it all the time , no issue .
Of course aiwb prob rubs less and the grip isn't rubbing on bone and tender sides .

RIDE
04-16-12, 17:02
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7227/6939281986_6e76a03be4_z.jpg

Thank you Grant!!!!! if you are reading this and not already buying from gandrtactical.com you're nuts!

:dance3:

Stephen_H
04-16-12, 17:20
Very nice!! Who did the Cerakote, and how much did it cost if you don't mind my asking?

Thanks! I did it myself, but any authorized NIC Cerakote refinisher should be able to hook it up.

Stephen

orionz06
04-16-12, 17:25
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7227/6939281986_6e76a03be4_z.jpg

Thank you Grant!!!!! if you are reading this and not already buying from gandrtactical.com you're nuts!

:dance3:

Yeah, Grant takes care of people for sure.

kaptain86
04-16-12, 19:29
Grant helped me out too, second firearm purchase from him and I'm sure it won't be the last.

Thanks Grant.

Ironman8
04-16-12, 19:35
I drank the Grant-koolaid too :p

C45P312
04-16-12, 20:48
Couldn't decide if I wanted the Gen3 or Gen 4. So I bought both

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/553355_10150547300418078_548018077_7763594_2113637127_n.jpg

JSTICFRALL
04-16-12, 21:12
You're a madman, Carlo. Are those 19's and 17's?

C45P312
04-16-12, 21:51
You're a madman, Carlo. Are those 19's and 17's?

yeah, pretty much

G19 Gen3
G17 Gen3

G19 Gen4
G17 Gen4

JSTICFRALL
04-17-12, 06:25
Very nice. I'm surprised your wife didn't kill you when you brought those home...I know mine probably would have! :laugh:

TiroFijo
04-17-12, 07:20
for those who are into US Spec Ops history a FDE 3rd Gen G22 was specified and purchased by an elite US Army special missions unit- up until now they were the only FDE Glocks ever made

So the Gen3 G22 in FDE is the mythical glock used by some in the "D" force? Are they still using them?

What ever happened to the two custom 1911s made specially for each operator, still in widespread use?

Sorry for the derail :)

jdavis6576
04-17-12, 14:17
I'd talked myself out of getting one of these until I saw one at the local gun shop. I've only put a few hundred rounds through it but so far so good. Given the texture of the grip, this will be a range gun versus daily IWB carry.

http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/ww65/jdavis6576/IMG_5698.jpg

svtpwnz
04-17-12, 14:23
I picked up my FDE gen4 G19 from my FFl yesterday afternoon. It's a bit darker in person than I thought it would be. It looks fantastic and fit's right in with the rest of the family.

http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr7/honkonthree/2012-04-17_14-40-23_363.jpg
http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr7/honkonthree/2012-04-17_14-43-58_763.jpg

jstyer
04-17-12, 15:43
Thanks for the pics next to the magpul gear. It definitely gives a good idea of the color.

svtpwnz
04-17-12, 17:34
Thanks for the pics next to the magpul gear. It definitely gives a good idea of the color.

Your welcome! I figured people would like to know that there is a pretty significant contrast between the FDE on these Glock's compared to Magpul's FDE. I really like it myself.

hunt_ak
04-17-12, 23:37
Your welcome! I figured people would like to know that there is a pretty significant contrast between the FDE on these Glock's compared to Magpul's FDE. I really like it myself.

Any chance you have a Daniel Defense RIS II FDE rail to match it against?

svtpwnz
04-17-12, 23:59
Any chance you have a Daniel Defense RIS II FDE rail to match it against?

That would be negative sir.

okie john
04-18-12, 12:10
I just ordered some today and dealer is the same as a standard black version- for those who are into US Spec Ops history a FDE 3rd Gen G22 was specified and purchased by an elite US Army special missions unit

Did these guns have a special connector?

Okie John

feedramp
04-18-12, 15:43
Couldn't decide if I wanted the Gen3 or Gen 4. So I bought both

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/553355_10150547300418078_548018077_7763594_2113637127_n.jpg

Dude, save some for the rest of us, good grief. :D

drck1000
04-18-12, 16:31
yeah, pretty much

G19 Gen3
G17 Gen3

G19 Gen4
G17 Gen4

Carlo - I've got a 17 FDE on the day and could use some RB1 Glock sights. Any update on when they might come in?

Ironman8
04-18-12, 16:52
Just wanted to give an update on my FDE G19 Gen4 that I got from Grant.

Took it to the range yesterday and put 265 rds through it. Most of it was cheap range ammo, but I put 15 rds of Winchester Ranger 9mm NATO 124gr. FMJ through it to test for accuracy.

All rounds cycled with no FTAnythings, but there was definitely erratic ejecition with rounds flying anywhere from 3:00 to 6:00.

While I wasn't extremely happy to see all the erratic ejection, I can live with it as long as it doesn't choke itself and prove to be reliable (at least until I can get an APEX extractor in there).

As far as the accuracy, I am extremely pleased with it! Coming from a 9mm FS M&P where I couldn't get anything better than 16", the results below are MORE than satisfactory.

This was shot standing with no support @ 22yds (since this is the farthest that my indoor range goes) with the Winchester Ranger:

5-Shot Group is ~2.8" from center to center! (yes, it is shooting high/left with standard Glock sights)

04-18-12, 17:06
I just picked up an FDE G17 Gen4 today, operated well, I have been shooting my PPQ's lately and that trigger has, if anything, made me worse at shooting anything else, so my groups didn't look like yours. but once i get used to the longer trigger pull of Glocks again, i am sure they will be fine.

jdavis6576
04-18-12, 18:58
I shot 100 rounds of PMC through my Gen3 G19 today at an indoor range. No failures but ejection was erratic. None hit me in the face, except for those bouncing off the wall of my lane which is usual, but a few did come out closer to 6:00 than I would like. I'm going to shoot a few hundred rounds of 124gr Ranger NATO FMJ through it next week and see how it does. Oddly enough, it cycled Federal Champion just fine.

JHC
04-18-12, 19:32
All rounds cycled with no FTAnythings, but there was definitely erratic ejecition with rounds flying anywhere from 3:00 to 6:00.

This was shot standing with no support @ 22yds (since this is the farthest that my indoor range goes) with the Winchester Ranger:

5-Shot Group is ~2.8" from center to center! (yes, it is shooting high/left with standard Glock sights)

I've been living with that description of ejection for 12-15 years worth of fine running Glocks. ;)
That is some excellent shooting! And several of our Gen 4 do impact high and will need a taller front sight too.

Ironman8
04-18-12, 20:23
I've been living with that description of ejection for 12-15 years worth of fine running Glocks. ;)
That is some excellent shooting! And several of our Gen 4 do impact high and will need a taller front sight too.

Thanks JHC. This whole time shooting the M&Ps, I thought I just plain sucked! lol

And yeah, I really want to get some RB1 sights, but I'm tempted to just pick up a set of Defoors since they're so cheap...I'll see what kind of groups I can get then, especially after I get some more practice with the Glock.

C4IGrant
04-18-12, 21:29
Just wanted to give an update on my FDE G19 Gen4 that I got from Grant.

Took it to the range yesterday and put 265 rds through it. Most of it was cheap range ammo, but I put 15 rds of Winchester Ranger 9mm NATO 124gr. FMJ through it to test for accuracy.

While I wasn't extremely happy to see all the erratic ejection, I can live with it as long as it doesn't choke itself and prove to be reliable (at least until I can get an APEX extractor in there).

As far as the accuracy, I am extremely pleased with it! Coming from a 9mm FS M&P where I couldn't get anything better than 16", the results below are MORE than satisfactory.

Glock guns have the MOST erratic ejection of any combat gun made. Unfortunately, small little changes between mag spring tension, extractor wear or ammo can cause the gun to either malfunction OR kick brass in your face.

It is pretty normal for G19's to shoot high and shooting to the left is a known issue with Glocks in general. Firearms instructors have have different ways to address this issue (moving the trigger finger in towards the first joint etc), but at the end of the day, the easiest thing to do is to bump the sights to the right a hair.

Good luck.

C4

JSTICFRALL
04-18-12, 21:43
Just picked my FDE Gen4 17 up yesterday afternoon. I tried to make sure that the color in the photos are as accurate to the real thing since most of the (professional) photos I've seen online make it look chocolate brown.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7226/7092270483_55eb175760_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/prairiefiremedia/7092270483/)
_DSC6263 copy (http://www.flickr.com/photos/prairiefiremedia/7092270483/) by Prairiefire Media (http://www.flickr.com/people/prairiefiremedia/), on Flickr

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7038/7092270461_1a2d9bcc7f_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/prairiefiremedia/7092270461/)
_DSC6278 copy (http://www.flickr.com/photos/prairiefiremedia/7092270461/) by Prairiefire Media (http://www.flickr.com/people/prairiefiremedia/), on Flickr

Ironman8
04-18-12, 22:03
Glock guns have the MOST erratic ejection of any combat gun made. Unfortunately, small little changes between mag spring tension, extractor wear or ammo can cause the gun to either malfunction OR kick brass in your face.

It is pretty normal for G19's to shoot high and shooting to the left is a known issue with Glocks in general. Firearms instructors have have different ways to address this issue (moving the trigger finger in towards the first joint etc), but at the end of the day, the easiest thing to do is to bump the sights to the right a hair.

Good luck.

C4

Thanks for the insight Grant.

I'm hoping that the Apex extractor will solve the eratic ejection issues, but to be completely honest, I can live with a little brass to the head just as long as it's not FTEing...

I knew that most Glocks shot high, but I thought shooting left was just a sight allignment issue and was just going to bump the sights a little anyway.

Thanks again for the awesome CS and fast turnaround on the Glock

JHC
04-19-12, 05:14
Just picked my FDE Gen4 17 up yesterday afternoon. I tried to make sure that the color in the photos are as accurate to the real thing since most of the (professional) photos I've seen online make it look chocolate brown.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7226/7092270483_55eb175760_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/prairiefiremedia/7092270483/)
_DSC6263 copy (http://www.flickr.com/photos/prairiefiremedia/7092270483/) by Prairiefire Media (http://www.flickr.com/people/prairiefiremedia/), on Flickr

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7038/7092270461_1a2d9bcc7f_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/prairiefiremedia/7092270461/)
_DSC6278 copy (http://www.flickr.com/photos/prairiefiremedia/7092270461/) by Prairiefire Media (http://www.flickr.com/people/prairiefiremedia/), on Flickr

We've got several FDE here and that top pic is the best picture of the FDE I've seen on the net yet. Your precision paid off!

JHC
04-19-12, 05:21
Glock guns have the MOST erratic ejection of any combat gun made.

C4

Yes that may well be true and Randy Lee has posted here about the long history of this attribute. It goes way way back. We're now up to about 20 Glocks owned and shot a lot for 12-15 years since concentrating on that platform and they've pretty much all been somewhat erratic in ejection patterns, day to day, ammo to ammo etc. Fortunately they've all been reliable too.

LRB45
04-19-12, 06:53
We've got several FDE here and that top pic is the best picture of the FDE I've seen on the net yet. Your precision paid off!

Is that black backstrap one of the ones that came with the gun? Or aftermarket?

JSTICFRALL
04-19-12, 07:33
Is that black backstrap one of the ones that came with the gun? Or aftermarket?

It's aftermarket. It changes the grip angle and also adds a beavertail. Definitely an awesome upgrade for less than $30.
http://gripforceproducts.com/

LRB45
04-19-12, 07:51
Thanks!

JSTICFRALL
04-19-12, 08:08
Thanks!

You're welcome!

C4IGrant
04-19-12, 12:44
Yes that may well be true and Randy Lee has posted here about the long history of this attribute. It goes way way back. We're now up to about 20 Glocks owned and shot a lot for 12-15 years since concentrating on that platform and they've pretty much all been somewhat erratic in ejection patterns, day to day, ammo to ammo etc. Fortunately they've all been reliable too.

You are right. It goes WAAY back. Long before there was gun forums, there was issues with people getting hit in the face with brass.

Was watching a gunsmith video about Glock's awhile ago and the smith specifically mentioned brass hitting people in the face and how to "fix" it. This video was made around the time when GEN 2's ended and GEN 3's came out! If that doesn't tell you something.....

C4

QuietShootr
04-19-12, 12:53
You are right. It goes WAAY back. Long before there was gun forums, there was issues with people getting hit in the face with brass.

Was watching a gunsmith video about Glock's awhile ago and the smith specifically mentioned brass hitting people in the face and how to "fix" it. This video was made around the time when GEN 2's ended and GEN 3's came out! If that doesn't tell you something.....

C4

well how do they say to fix it?

C4IGrant
04-19-12, 13:19
well how do they say to fix it?

A gunsmith was to file a slight angle towards the ejector port window (which is something that I do on all my Glock's).

While it does NOT fix major problems with the gun, it does make the ejection more consistent.

C4

OldGreg
04-19-12, 14:35
A gunsmith was to file a slight angle towards the ejector port window (which is something that I do on all my Glock's).
C4

Now that i know you take amazing close-up pictures... can i respectfully request a photo of that?

okie john
04-19-12, 14:55
5-Shot Group is ~2.8" from center to center!

Ranger is very good ammo.

Okie John

mtdawg169
04-19-12, 16:04
Picked up a gen 3 model 19 this week after missing out on getting one from Grant. I called dealers all over the state looking for one. Most had gen 4s and all were asking too much for them. Finally found one for a reasonable price, 1 1/2 hours away. I couldn't resist picking up one to match my fde M&P9. Now I'll finally be able to find out if the M&P really sucks beyond 15 yds or if I just can't shoot worth a damn. I've only owned m&p's for the last 4 years and haven't had another pistol to compare it to. Shot h&k USPc before that. Should be interesting, I haven't owned a Glock in almost 8 years.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

C4IGrant
04-19-12, 19:30
Now that i know you take amazing close-up pictures... can i respectfully request a photo of that?

LOL, I will see what I can do.

C4

mtdawg169
04-20-12, 14:25
I was able to squeeze in a quick trip to the local indoor range at lunch to try out the new G19. 30 rds of win NATO 124 gr & 85 rds if wwb 115 gr. I had half a dozen cases hit me in the forehead during the first 2 magazines (124 gr. NATO). After that it settled down & ran fine, but ejection is erratic. It may have been due to the hotter ammo, we'll have to see.

All rounds impacted 2" high & left. The left hits may be a grip issue, it's been a while since I've shot Glocks & I'll have to get reacclimated. I know that it isn't uncommon for the G19 go shoot high, but what front sight height should I look into? I'm looking into the Heinie Ledge plain rear sight and .235 height front with tritium.

JHC
04-20-12, 14:47
At what distance did it impact 2" high?

FWIW several of our Gen 4's exhibit this profoundly and get taller front sights and several don't. Gen 3's not so much.

mtdawg169
04-20-12, 14:49
At what distance did it impact 2" high?

FWIW several of our Gen 4's exhibit this profoundly and get taller front sights and several don't. Gen 3's not so much.

7 & 15 yds. I use a poa/poi sight picture with the top of the front sight intersecting the center of the target.

JHC
04-20-12, 14:55
7 & 15 yds.

I think you'll probably end up with a .245 tall front. That's pretty dang high for those close distances. But I'm guessing.

BBQBOY
04-20-12, 15:29
Is it me or do some of Glock's FDE color vary? Some look almost OD, some look almost like a dark mustard but then some I have seen look like Magpuls FDE.

C4IGrant
04-20-12, 15:30
Is it me or do some of Glock's FDE color vary? Some look almost OD, some look almost like a dark mustard but then some I have seen look like Magpuls FDE.

It is the camera and lighting differences.

C4

BBQBOY
04-20-12, 15:32
It is the camera and lighting differences.

C4

I figured that was the issue, but, of the colors I mentioned, which one does Glock's FDE closely resemble?

mtdawg169
04-20-12, 15:43
I figured that was the issue, but, of the colors I mentioned, which one does Glock's FDE closely resemble?

Of the half dozen I saw on a dealers shelf, they were all the same dark tan. Darker than magpul's fde.

BBQBOY
04-20-12, 15:54
Thanks

buddyhoohaw
04-21-12, 20:52
Gen 3 G17

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y198/buddyhoohaw/Glock%2034/FDEG17.jpg

Cheers

Heavy Metal
04-21-12, 21:31
Of the half dozen I saw on a dealers shelf, they were all the same dark tan. Darker than magpul's fde.

It's an almost perfect Coyote Brown. they call it FDE but it si actually Coyote.

I am totally cool with that as Coyote is a much more universal earth tone.

Quiet
04-22-12, 02:00
Comparison pic... FDE Glock v OD Glock
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f267/jd19welder/100_0073.jpg

Sig1911
04-23-12, 20:29
Picked up my FDE Gen3 G19 today. It looks alot better then in the pictures.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/jeeptj/FDEGlock19Gen3005.jpg

Pic with my OD green LCP.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/jeeptj/FDEGlock19Gen3013.jpg

Robc1219
04-23-12, 21:45
Great pix! good comparison...I can't wait to pick up my gen 3 FDE. When I held it, I agree it looked much better in person. It's definitely a coyote color. I was happy it wasn't tan

Palmguy
04-23-12, 21:50
Another comparison pic:

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q116/bridoyal/DSC_1744.jpg

cdvanns
04-24-12, 01:03
Picked up my Gen.3 G19 FDE this past Sun. looks to have the 336 ejecter and a born on date of 3/2/12. Sure is nice to look at but I haven't had a chance to see how she's gonna shoot yet. Got a decent deal on a kydex glock body for my Comp-tac/mtac as well. Fingers crossed for zero issues!

madmike3668
04-24-12, 02:12
At my lgs the other day and they had a few fde's in gen 3 and 4. All gen 3's in 9mm and .40 were on sale for $480 including the fde's. I never really cared about the color of my glocks but if they're the same price i guess i'll give it a try. So i picked up a gen 3 g17 in fde. Hopefully i don't go crazy and start buying $800 od glocks!

Frntsyt
04-24-12, 02:27
Man, living in Illinois is not fun. I wish one of my local stores had fde Glocks!

JHC
04-24-12, 11:19
440 rds through a FDE Gen 3 G17. No malfs, good accuracy. Loves it some 124 gr +P Gold Dots at 25 yds.

But, being the koolaid drunk that I am; I'm eager to report that while the FDE Gen 4's have been ejecting as well as any of our Glocks (they have the updated ejector) this Gen 3 G17 is a little ejection challenged. About 1 in 10 PMC 115rd and prob 2 in 10 124 gr +P GDs would land on my head. Fortunately not stoned straight into the face. And plenty of others that ain't making it out very far.

I haven't decided whether to just keep running it as is and maybe let the Glock armorers at a GSSF upgrade the ejector, or try some of the home remedies like polishing the extractor 1st, etc. Or swap out extractors with a late '90's era 9mm or otherwise tinker.

The gun has run reliably for its 440 rounds but I can't say it all looks completely normal.

C4IGrant
04-24-12, 14:15
440 rds through a FDE Gen 3 G17. No malfs, good accuracy. Loves it some 124 gr +P Gold Dots at 25 yds.

But, being the koolaid drunk that I am; I'm eager to report that while the FDE Gen 4's have been ejecting as well as any of our Glocks (they have the updated ejector) this Gen 3 G17 is a little ejection challenged. About 1 in 10 PMC 115rd and prob 2 in 10 124 gr +P GDs would land on my head. Fortunately not stoned straight into the face. And plenty of others that ain't making it out very far.

I haven't decided whether to just keep running it as is and maybe let the Glock armorers at a GSSF upgrade the ejector, or try some of the home remedies like polishing the extractor 1st, etc. Or swap out extractors with a late '90's era 9mm or otherwise tinker.

The gun has run reliably for its 440 rounds but I can't say it all looks completely normal.

If you do clean up the high spots on the extractor, please take good pics of the area that you are working on please.

As I found out in the thread I did about cleaning your Glock's, if the extractor becomes too dirty it will take a proper functioning gun and spit brass at your head. So an extractor that is on the larger side (rubbing in the gun) will not have the same range of motion and cause issues (same concept).
C4

mtdawg169
04-24-12, 15:44
If you do clean up the high spots on the extractor, please take good pics of the area that you are working on please.

As I found out in the thread I did about cleaning your Glock's, if the extractor becomes too dirty it will take a proper functioning gun and spit brass at your head. So an extractor that is on the larger side (rubbing in the gun) will not have the same range of motion and cause issues (same concept).
C4

Could polishing the high spots on the extractor, allowing more freedom of movement possibly solve the brass to the forehead problem?

orionz06
04-24-12, 15:45
Could polishing the high spots on the extractor, allowing more freedom of movement possibly solve the brass to the forehead problem?

Worked for me, pics later.

mtdawg169
04-24-12, 16:08
Worked for me, pics later.

Yes please! I recently picked up a gen 3 G19 in fde. The first round out of the gun smacked me square between the eyes. I haven't had a Glock in several years, so the issues with recent production guns is foreign to me. I've been aware, just didn't pay much attention to it because I mainly shoot M&P's. I have been a little surprised to find out that current Glock's are not ready to run right out of the box as many people would have you to believe. I really like the trigger characteristics, but it's still a little heavy for my tastes. The grip is taking some getting used to as well. I've already got a "-" connector, heinie sights, vickers slide stop and mag release on the way. The glock is more accurate, but my M&P's are super reliable and easier to shoot. I'll have to get reacclimated to the Glock.

JHC
04-24-12, 17:55

C4

Will do. That was a good thread I'll re-read to re-acquaint with your learnings. I have a much older OD G17 that's been outstanding. I'll try that slide assembly on the FDE first. If it changes the ejection characteristics, I "think" I can leave the ejector alone and concentrate on the extractor.

And keep in mind that I am pretty tolerant of ejection patterns. When I say our other Gen 4's and Gen 3's for that matter eject fine, I basically mean that 90+% go well to the right (say 3 feet plus and from 2:00 to 5:30 cause that's all they have all done since forever) and don't hit me in the head. It's a pretty loose standard vs the Dave Sams custom 1911 consistency.

orionz06
04-24-12, 18:37
Crappy iPhone pics but you get the idea. Stone the surface down until the high spots are gone, carefully. Do not remove too much. I had a few small wear points and smoothed the face down until the face was even, aside from the dip on one side. I then hit it with a rotary tool with felt wheel as my buffer was a little too tough to use on the small part.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/orionz06/2b72e29d.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/orionz06/2bb0ae09.jpg

JMFM0911
04-24-12, 18:57
My G4 19 likes to spit brass in my face..

*interesting i see others have the same issue..

jdavis6576
04-24-12, 19:03
I put 100 rounds through my G19 today. Only 1 casing came back at me, striking the bill of my cap. I was shooting Federal Champion 115gr. Accuracy was excellent. I'll get the chance to strip the slide this weekend and will take a look at the extractor.

C4IGrant
04-24-12, 19:17
Will do. That was a good thread I'll re-read to re-acquaint with your learnings. I have a much older OD G17 that's been outstanding. I'll try that slide assembly on the FDE first. If it changes the ejection characteristics, I "think" I can leave the ejector alone and concentrate on the extractor.

And keep in mind that I am pretty tolerant of ejection patterns. When I say our other Gen 4's and Gen 3's for that matter eject fine, I basically mean that 90+% go well to the right (say 3 feet plus and from 2:00 to 5:30 cause that's all they have all done since forever) and don't hit me in the head. It's a pretty loose standard vs the Dave Sams custom 1911 consistency.

Understand. No one has any illusions that a Glock will ever extract as well as a well tuned 1911. ;)

C4

zodtgr8
04-25-12, 18:05
LAV's post appealed to my inner fanboy so I relented.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v729/zodtgr8/_DSC01862cropcc.jpg

My second Glock and my first (and likely only) .40S&W... variety is the spice of life, I suppose.

So far just added in a 3.5# connector and blacked out the rear sight (until I can get some Heinies). Also gotta put in extended controls.

RTF2 spoils me for any other texture however.
Second. My first Glock was an RTF2 and This thing feels like a banana peel. On the other hand, I feel like it wouldn't be harsh on gloves when shooting with 'em.

mtdawg169
04-25-12, 18:27
Took the new gen 3 G19 out again today for quick trip to the range. Another 100 rounds and lots more brass to the face. One case actually nicked my forehead & drew blood. For those of you who more versed on the glock platform, what is the fix for this? It's starting to tick me off a bit. On a better note, it's definitely more accurate than my M&P.

Shawn.L
04-25-12, 18:30
Posted in the Gen4 thread.
Trigger fails to reset , failure to extract.
On its way back to GLOCK

M4arc
04-28-12, 09:02
Posted in the Gen4 thread.
Trigger fails to reset , failure to extract.
On its way back to GLOCK

What happened? I remember you posting it was running fine. Did you break a trigger spring?

My Gen4 G19 should be here from Grant this week and I already asked Robb to order me another trigger housing unit/ejector. The one he installed in my Gen4 G22 has made ejection perfect.

Shawn.L
04-28-12, 16:28
What happened? I remember you posting it was running fine. Did you break a trigger spring?

My Gen4 G19 should be here from Grant this week and I already asked Robb to order me another trigger housing unit/ejector. The one he installed in my Gen4 G22 has made ejection perfect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaagqBhV5JM&list=UUj0eYTO5vrn05G4OPAAU4_g&index=5&feature=plcp

after the 300 round mark sometime it just went belly up

nothing broken, back at GLOCK now

M4arc
04-28-12, 18:06
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaagqBhV5JM&list=UUj0eYTO5vrn05G4OPAAU4_g&index=5&feature=plcp

after the 300 round mark sometime it just went belly up

nothing broken, back at GLOCK now

Keep us posted. Mine should be here next week. Grant is shipping it out Monday.

BBQBOY
04-28-12, 22:46
I looked on Grant's site and Glockmeister's site for a FDE Glock with no luck. Where is the best place to find them now?

eleven
04-28-12, 23:30

04-28-12, 23:38
My local Cabelas had a variety in stock. I bought a G19 Gen 4 FDE there today.

JHC
04-29-12, 12:05

C4

No pics of the suspect extractor yet but . . . I first swapped out the slide assembly with a much older one from an OD G17. Immediately the FDE guns ejection arc was more consistent and positive and the long trusted OD gun displayed weaker ejection arcs and a few only making it a few inches to the right side of the gun. CLUE!

Then I swapped extractors between a circa '99/'00 G19 and the FDE Gen 3 G17. With this old extractor the FDE gun ran 200 rounds beautifully with consistent 4:00 ejection arcs out about 4-5'.

And the long proven old G19 displayed sketchy extraction - often only arcing out a foot and some dribbling on my forearm.

Game-set-match IMO. The new extractor from the FDE gun showed much more scracthing wear on the uppermost side surface. It was tight to get out of the gun whereas the old Gen 3 G19's extractor easily fell freely out of it's slide during the swap.

04-29-12, 12:15
here is my new FDE 19 120041200512006

crowkiller
04-29-12, 13:12
I looked on Grant's site and Glockmeister's site for a FDE Glock with no luck. Where is the best place to find them now?

www.kygunco.com has G22 gen3 $549.99 and G23 gen3 $509.99
www.budsgunshop.com has some 9mm and .40 but a little more money.

LawTac
04-29-12, 13:31
Any side by side pics of the old gen 3 glock OD and the new gen 4 glock FDE...not that one picture would help much as no two glocks in OD were the same color and I always considered it FDE and not OD.

crowkiller
04-29-12, 13:45
Check out post #212 and 215 in this thread.

LawTac
04-29-12, 13:55
Check out post #212 and 215 in this thread.
Post 215, just what I needed, thanks.
So new FDE ( aka coyote tan) and old OD (aka tan, fde, od, ect.)
Now I just have to wait for the glock 34 gen 4 FDE but I wont hold my breath.

Shawn.L
04-29-12, 13:59
Post 215, just what I needed, thanks.
So new FDE ( aka coyote tan) and old OD (aka tan, fde, od, ect.)
Now I just have to wait for the glock 34 gen 4 FDE but I wont hold my breath.

I dont think they made any. You can just get the G17 and put a 34 slide on ;)

LawTac
04-29-12, 14:08
Yes thanks, the list of reasons to buy an new glock never ends :)
I just hope they dont go down the Sig USA road and come out with a dozen crapy versions of the same gun.:fie::fie::fie:

Biggy
04-29-12, 14:54
I heard from a Glock rep at the NRA Show a few weeks ago that there will be another batch of the FDE guns arriving in around 30 days. This maybe old news but has anyone heard the same.

Evan_O
04-29-12, 17:04
Lipseys is the sole distributer for the FDE Glocks. You can call and ask them and they will tell you what every dealer should tell you, another run in the Sept/ Oct time frame is what they're hoping for. Of course they are at the mercy of Glock and when they get production done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBQBOY
04-29-12, 19:19
I hope they will be in before sept/oct. I know I want to get a few more guns before November.

hunt_ak
04-29-12, 23:26
Lipseys is the sole distributer for the FDE Glocks. You can call and ask them and they will tell you what every dealer should tell you, another run in the Sept/ Oct time frame is what they're hoping for. Of course they are at the mercy of Glock and when they get production done.

I was told Sept. last time I spoke with a rep as well...

JSTICFRALL
04-30-12, 06:16
Finally got to put roughly 200 rounds down range with my Gen4 G17 and didn't experience any FTF or FTE malfunctions. The only thing I noticed (which a lot of people have been saying) is the erratic ejection patterns. Wasn't anything crazy but I noticed they were kind of all over the place. However I didn't get any brass to the face which was good. My 17 has the newer ejector in it and not the "336" version. Hoping to put a lot more rounds through it soon to really be able to make a decision on whether or not the ejector could use some work or replacing but the ejection pattern doesn't bother me as long as I don't get hit in the face with anything.