PDA

View Full Version : DD Lite rail barrel nut/plate collar problem

bobB
04-02-12, 20:49
I recently purchased a Daniel Defense Lite 4.0 rail for a new pistol build. Having used this rail for a previous rifle, I've fallen in love with them. When trying to install the barrel nut I noticed the plate collar was tight against the receiver and there was about a 1/16 of play still in the barrel. I sent an Email to Daniel Defense, but figured I'd ask around to see if anyone else has experienced this. I'm using a BCM upper with ADCO 9mm barrel. Anyone know offhand the specs of the plate collar? Any insight would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Bob

bobB
04-02-12, 21:44
Noticed the lip/flange on the barrel extension is thinner than usual, causing the barrel nut to bottom out before it makes contact with the flange. Any suggestions? Would cutting down/re-threading the barrel nut be viable? Or a whole new barrel extension?

Icculus
04-02-12, 22:05
Why not just let DD make it right--which I'm sure they will--before you go chopping up barrel nuts and jimmy rigging stuff. Just my 2 cents. I would at least wait and see what they say.

bobB
04-03-12, 22:14
Turns out the barrel flang was too thin. Spose I should've done my homework before blabbing, but, I've already gotten a response from the company I bought it from and said they'd send a new one, so I'm happy.

I've noticed others have had this problem (usually w/ 9mms), and worst case scenario I could always have a special washer/spacer made.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_15/547387_9mm_barrel_washer_spacer_.html