PDA

View Full Version : 1-Up for S&W Customer Service

panzerr
04-03-12, 09:24
I hit the 5K mark this weekend on my M&P9 so I figured I was due for a replacement recoil spring before attending this year's Blue Helmet Shoot. I called Smith & Wesson to order a replacement recoil spring and to my surprise they asked for my address and put one in the mail as a courtesy.

This is the 3rd time Smith has sent me small parts with no charge. It is a small thing, but I appreciate it.

brickboy240
04-03-12, 11:26
Glad to hear that S&W's customer service is still great.

Many years ago, I sent Dad's 4" Model 10 revolver to them to have it re-blued. They sent it back to me (on their nickel) with a note that while re-bluing the revolver, they also replaced all the springs at no charge. The old Mod.10 was like brand new and they did an excellent job on the bluing.

If you ask me, S&W has really great customer service and is one reason I don't mind buying their guns. It was a huge reason why I chose the M&P15-22 when looking at a "tactical" rimfire.

Ruger is another maker that many complain about but they sure have excellent customer service.

- brickboy240

Hogsgunwild
04-03-12, 12:25
I called S&W about ten days ago to order the captive recoil spring assembly for my M&P 9MM compact and fullsize. I mentioned that both guns were beginning to fail to fully return to battery. I asked for the recoil spring replacement times and he knew of the FS's which I think he said was 2500 to 3500 rounds. My FS barely has 2000 rounds through it. I ordered two sets for the compact. My bill was $40.00.

Oh, I forgot to add the C.S. Rep. said it would be a two to three week wait.

You did well.

Bill Lance
04-03-12, 16:30
I sent an e-mail a while back asking about spring change intervals, and a good source for said springs. No answer. A few weeks later, I re-sent. The guy who answered said "The only thing you will [I]ever[I]need to change will be maybe the recoil spring. For the life of the gun and/or me. And still did not give a round count number.

I have heard and read good things about CS at S&W---but did not see it in my inquiry.

Bill

habibi
04-03-12, 22:47
I guess their CS can be hit or miss but from my experience they have been pretty solid. Several months back I sent an email asking for the price on the finger extension for the magazines for my .40c and they were cool enough to send me one for free. Just recently I sent in my .40c for some trigger resetting issues, which is still the same, but I guess the free magazine that they sent back with my pistol makes up for it considering that my pistol still functions properly.