PDA

View Full Version : Zeroing EoTech

R1pper
01-02-08, 23:31
I just finished reading the article in the Jan 08 S.W.A.T "Running The Red Dot Right". I do have an issue with the article. Pat says "Do not try to align the dot with the iron sights or the front sight". Ok this is fine I trust his wisdom (be it he has far more than I may ever have) but there is no explination of why not to align them, and how to correctly zero with out using the front sight post for a red dot. This are just my observations but any info on this would be great. I understand I am unable to get feedback from the man himself but all of your input would be great.

-DM-

jmart
01-02-08, 23:53
I took it to read zero the sights independent of one another. Nothing cosmic.

RogerinTPA
01-03-08, 10:35
When I got my first EOTech, I first zeroed my weapon using iron sights, then ignored the iron sights when I zeroed the EOTech. Both of mine do co-witness with the front sight post, but the device is parallex free. You no longer need to line up the reticle to get shot placement. The reticle can be anywhere (Floating) in the glass and the shot placement/zero remains the same.

J.Boyette
01-03-08, 21:41
What I have done is ZERO my EOTech with a Point Blank ZERO for a 6" target. Once this was done, I adjusted my BUIS to have the 1 MOA dot rest windage dead center, elevation just kissing the top of the front sight blade.

Then turned off the EOTech and confirmed my BUIS ZERO. I was one turn off elevation and three clicks right.

This is a fast "Combat ZERO" that I do.

Now when shooting my EOTech the reticle falls in the window were ever, as long as it is center mass of the target I receive bullet prints on target.

John