PDA

View Full Version : Understanding The Slave Mentality

SMETNA
04-04-12, 01:15
http://www.alt-market.com/articles/670-understanding-the-slave-mentality

This should be required reading for all free men. An extraordinary article.

"I am speaking of the point at which tyranny becomes so blatant that the skeptics have to acknowledge its existence, but after doing so, they choose to rationalize it as necessary. Yes, there are many in this world that will laugh at the prospect of the Orwellian nightmare only to happily embrace it when it arrives in full color."

Moose-Knuckle
04-04-12, 04:08
"Control is always automatic". . .

Thanks for the link!

QuietShootr
04-04-12, 07:09
http://www.alt-market.com/articles/670-understanding-the-slave-mentality

This should be required reading for all free men. An extraordinary article.

Hell, there are three or four guys on THIS BOARD who think that way.

Quote:
"I am speaking of the point at which tyranny becomes so blatant that the skeptics have to acknowledge its existence, but after doing so, they choose to rationalize it as necessary. Yes, there are many in this world that will laugh at the prospect of the Orwellian nightmare only to happily embrace it when it arrives in full color."

crusader377
04-04-12, 08:02
Great article! Thanks for posting.

Abraxas
04-04-12, 08:30
I think many who this applies to would not recognize it, if they were to read it.

QuietShootr
04-04-12, 08:45
I think many who this applies to would not recognize it, if they were to read it.

Nope...and reading it, it looks like a complete psychological profile of one of the guys we have here. Eerily accurate.

SteyrAUG
04-04-12, 13:09
On one hand it is hard to blame those who choose not to recognize it.

It's stressful to see things for the way they are. More importantly viable options don't exist.

I haven't felt "represented" by my government in decades. Even worse my government seems more interested in representing the enemies of this country and has a majority population support.

Our government takes freedom and liberty not at gunpoint, but with applause from a population that almost seems eager to have somebody toss them a fish.

The previous Constitutional means of correction have been removed or effectively negated over the years. There will be no "revolutionary" reform, we had the last one in the 60s and it is largely responsible for many of the current problems. Any permitted "reforms" will only be to further the same kind of agendas.

And very few peoples lives are bad enough that they are willing to spend them on a final and futile gesture which will only be misrepresented by the media to suit it's needs.

So we work, pay taxes and hope it doesn't get much worse in our lifetimes. If we're lucky master might let us sleep indoors when it's cold.

Irish
04-04-12, 13:43
Very good read, thanks.

The Obsession With The Law: The slave mentality, though illogical and psychotic, still requires a certain foundation to hold it together. The laws of governments tend to suffice. These laws may go completely against the force of inherent conscience, but because the slave has already abandoned listening to his inner voice of reason, this does not bother him much. If you have ever wondered why modern tyrannies always feel the need to put their horrific enforcements in writing first, THIS is why. Oligarchs understand that the law provides the slave with a means to rationalize his participation in the crimes of the state. After all, if some gut-bloated bloodthirsty elitists in government etch their mad inbred ramblings into law, then we have no choice but to follow them, right?

The Need For Control: I suppose it’s ironic, but the average slave loves tyranny because it affords him a perceived seat at the table of power, perhaps for the first time in his entire life. Collectivist slaves are often people who have felt weak and inadequate since childhood. While honorable human beings fight this personal uncertainty by strengthening themselves physically and mentally, and improving upon their own character, the slave takes the easy route by joining with bureaucracy and living vicariously through its conquests. Through the state, the hollow, cowardly, and stupid, have the ability to “show the world who’s boss”, and get revenge for a life filled with meaninglessness.

Pork Chop
04-04-12, 13:47

It's stressful to see things for the way they are. More importantly viable options don't exist.

I haven't felt "represented" by my government in decades. Even worse my government seems more interested in representing the enemies of this country and has a majority population support.

Our government takes freedom and liberty not at gunpoint, but with applause from a population that almost seems eager to have somebody toss them a fish.

The previous Constitutional means of correction have been removed or effectively negated over the years. There will be no "revolutionary" reform, we had the last one in the 60s and it is largely responsible for many of the current problems. Any permitted "reforms" will only be to further the same kind of agendas.

And very few peoples lives are bad enough that they are willing to spend them on a final and futile gesture which will only be misrepresented by the media to suit it's needs.

So we work, pay taxes and hope it doesn't get much worse in our lifetimes. If we're lucky master might let us sleep indoors when it's cold.

Very good post.......and true.

Disgusting and sad, but true.

DacoRoman
04-04-12, 16:49
Very hard hitting essay.. I especially like that the author correctly exposes the self serving agenda of these "collectivists" that want enforced centrally controlled "sharing" for the good of all the people, all the while having little to contribute themselves, and the lack of individual impetus to create any wealth worth sharing themselves.

Reminds me of my cousin in law that bitches about our problem as a society being that "we don't want to share", all the meanwhile he has almost nothing worth sharing, in large part due to an aversion to hard work and sadly undisciplined fiscal habits.

Belmont31R
04-04-12, 21:18
My MIL fits this to a T.

Try to make this short but basically our kids have a field trip coming up, and the school sent out emails saying if parents want to attend they have to register with the school district and get a background check done. When the kids were in pre-K I went on every field trip and just showed up where/when I was supposed to. So I asked when this rule went into affect, and got the run around. Ok fine....how about I tell them if they insist on this invasion of privacy and abuse of parental rights Ill just hold our kids from school that day and take them to the zoo myself. So they finally talk to the principle and I get forwarded the email she sent. I can go without a background check (so it was a rule that was made up based on what the first email said which said it was mandatory) but I cannot interact with any other kids. Good...I don't want to anyways, and if another kid is getting mauled by a tiger I won't move an inch to do anything.

But where the slave thing comes in is my wife told my MIL about this and she was shocked I would question a rule and said now they are all going to think I am a felon or something. Who cares? Let them think whatever they want. Ill be damned if Im going to let some bureaucrat tell me I can't go to the zoo for my own kids until they do a background check on me. My wife then asked if she got pulled over and the officer asked to search the vehicle would she allow them to...of course she said yes because she doesn't want them to think she is hiding something. Some of these people like my MIL are so conditioned to follow whatever some government employee tells them to do its sad. Don't exercise your rights, don't question a rule, just do what you're told in case one of them thinks something bad about you. Just get steam rolled in the process, have no privacy, give up your rights without a word of protest, and Im sure she has a litany of excuses in the back of her head like 'its for the kids' or 'I have nothing to hide'.

This is why we are where we are because for a lot of people its easier to just keep walking along like a sheep or just roll over at the first chance than say 'NO' to a government employee.

Sensei
04-04-12, 23:42

There is another option - leave. Just like this county benefited from those fleeing oppression, someone else will benefit from our scientists and entrepreneurs who can do better in a foreign land. Wealth is helpful but not required. You only need a skill set, drive, and some risk tolerance. The latter is probably the most important since most slaves do seem content with the master's shelter.

SteyrAUG
04-05-12, 00:16
There is another option - leave. Just like this county benefited from those fleeing oppression, someone else will benefit from our scientists and entrepreneurs who can do better in a foreign land. Wealth is helpful but not required. You only need a skill set, drive, and some risk tolerance. The latter is probably the most important since most slaves do seem content with the master's shelter.

To where?

Is it really in every true Americans best interest to pack up and leave the place they know, where they are employed, where their friends and family live and trade it all for the "hopeful" upgrade someplace else?

Any place that is truly better probably doesn't want everyone showing up to screw things up and it always isn't as simply as crossing from Mexico to the US.

Now certainly if you are a nuclear engineer or Bill Gates you can probably live anywhere you want. But what if you are a contractor? Can you really just relocate to Switzerland because you think things will be better there? There is probably more freedom in the Philippines but what if you go and find out the medical care isn't quite to the same standard regardless of the fact that you are now "wealthy" in your new environment.

And then there are really important issues like good pizza.

I don't think the Shangri La of freedom is out there anymore. You can remove yourself from society completely and be free, but you don't have to leave the country to live Unabomber style. Plenty of people living in tire huts in Montana right now. And while they might be mostly out from under the government thumb I don't think that existence is any more appealing an alternative than the current situation.

SMETNA
04-05-12, 02:16
To where?

To Galts Gulch.

Once enough brave, bold, individualist, enterprising young adults set their roots into a part of the u.s. and steel themselves against intimidation from the far away central "government", there will be a new country and a place to go.

Is it a dream? Or do you think it's possible? I seem to remember a small bunch who wanted liberty and seceded from their former country and went toe to toe with the strongest army on the planet, only to get their asses handed to them over and over. But they wanted it badly enough and they steeled themselves and they won.

Moose-Knuckle
04-05-12, 03:02
To where?

I don't think the Shangri La of freedom is out there anymore.

I don't think it was ever there to begin with, just the illusion thereof. Chock it up to the human condition but you could take several different men, women, and children representative of various races, religious beliefs (and or the lack thereof) place them on an inner stellar star ship and send them to another habitable planet in some far flung galaxy and within one generation you would encounter the same problems on that "brave new world" as we contend with here.

"Civilization is the progress toward a society of privacy. The savage's whole existence is public, ruled by the laws of his tribe. Civilization is the process of setting man free from men". ~ Ayn Rand

Sensei
04-05-12, 09:13
To where?

Is it really in every true Americans best interest to pack up and leave the place they know, where they are employed, where their friends and family live and trade it all for the "hopeful" upgrade someplace else?

Any place that is truly better probably doesn't want everyone showing up to screw things up and it always isn't as simply as crossing from Mexico to the US.

Now certainly if you are a nuclear engineer or Bill Gates you can probably live anywhere you want. But what if you are a contractor? Can you really just relocate to Switzerland because you think things will be better there? There is probably more freedom in the Philippines but what if you go and find out the medical care isn't quite to the same standard regardless of the fact that you are now "wealthy" in your new environment.

And then there are really important issues like good pizza.

I don't think the Shangri La of freedom is out there anymore. You can remove yourself from society completely and be free, but you don't have to leave the country to live Unabomber style. Plenty of people living in tire huts in Montana right now. And while they might be mostly out from under the government thumb I don't think that existence is any more appealing an alternative than the current situation.

The Shangri La of freedom was never here, or anywhere else for that matter. Most early immigrants to the US faced all of the adversity that you list in your first paragraph, and discrimination when they arrived (i.e. Irish need not apply). Many died in search of a better life. Yet, they took that risk and came here after leaving families, security, and all that is familiar.

What I'm hearing so far is that things are bad, but not bad enough to risk leaving or challenging the establishment with force. I can't say that I disagree. I'm more curious to see what it will take before people start leaving in mass or taking up arms. I don't see it happening for anything short of fraudulent election, mass confiscation of real estate, mass false imprisonmet, etc. Moreover, these violations of public trust would need to be on a massive and sudden scale to pull the average American away from their X-Box. Personally, I think that Americans are far more susceptible to a slow erosion of personal liberty that is entirely preventable, but likely to go unnoticed as we are transfixed by what is happening to the cast of The Jersey Shore.

You asked where to go? Hong Kong, Singapore, New Zealand, and possibly Australia offer greater economic freedom, and most are competitive in terms of personal freedom. None are perfect, and all require a skill set other than being a "contractor" or "consultant" to be successful. Those without such a skill set are more slave to their own poor planning than the State.

montanadave
04-05-12, 10:52
As I read the article, I was reminded of Nietzsche's assessment of Christianity as promoting a "slave morality". Read the article again and substitute religion for government. All institutions are designed to establish authority, seize power, and control the masses under the guise of promoting the common good.

Po-tay-to. Po-tah-to.

Bob Dylan said it years ago: Ya Gotta Serve Somebody.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64vi3jpqnNg

QuietShootr
04-05-12, 11:29
As I read the article, I was reminded of Nietzsche's assessment of Christianity as promoting a "slave morality". Read the article again and substitute religion for government. All institutions are designed to establish authority, seize power, and control the masses under the guise of promoting the common good.

Po-tay-to. Po-tah-to.

Yeah....no. Lame attempt at misdirection, coupled with an attack on Christianity, and no, not all organizations are equal. Try to remain objective, even though it's your people the article is referring to, mmkay?

SMETNA
04-05-12, 12:15

Po-tay-to. Po-tah-to.

You're basing that assumption on the vast majority of Christian churches, which suck. They're nothing more than 501(c)(3) feel good festivals. Phony as can be.

You want to hear a real pastor who's a real Christian, look up Chuck Baldwin. Real Christianity is not a control scheme.

rojocorsa
04-07-12, 19:11
Just wait until this is written off as insurrectionist and counter-revolutionary terrorist literature...

This writing also reminds me about a comment someone made on a gun board once, about a month ago---how we've come along so far in the US that it would now be "too late" to take our country back. The ship has sailed because most people are too far into the dichotomy.

SMETNA
04-07-12, 22:26
Just wait until this is written off as insurrectionist and counter-revolutionary terrorist literature...

This writing also reminds me about a comment someone made on a gun board once, about a month ago---how we've come along so far in the US that it would now be "too late" to take our country back. The ship has sailed because most people are too far into the dichotomy.

I agree. The old republic is finished.
But here's the clincher:

Law/ Justice/ Constitutional governance/ republican governance/ liberty are ideas. They cannot perish completely. They are impervious to force.

So America will have liberty once again as soon as enough people want it. Having said that, there are always those who would rather we didn't, so we may have to sacrifice and bleed and fight and pledge our fortunes and sacred honor to establish it once again. But it can and will happen.

As the tyranny gets more naked, more people will awaken to it.

SteyrAUG
04-08-12, 00:25
You asked where to go? Hong Kong, Singapore, New Zealand, and possibly Australia offer greater economic freedom, and most are competitive in terms of personal freedom. None are perfect, and all require a skill set other than being a "contractor" or "consultant" to be successful. Those without such a skill set are more slave to their own poor planning than the State.

Ummmm, you do know Hong Kong reverted to Communist China years ago don't you? Also pretty sure I can't own my machine guns in New Zealand and Australia (or my semi autos for that matter) so I don't think that is any kind of improvement. No idea about Singapore, but I'm not sure I would consider it an "improvement" over what I currently enjoy in the US.

Also, I tend to think "contractor" is a skill set considering they build things like houses. It's a far cry from consulting or other service jobs. And it brings me back to my original point that an ordinary guy with an ordinary job, such as a contractor, isn't going to be able to make such a move even if there was a better option.

rojocorsa
04-08-12, 02:46
I agree. The old republic is finished.
But here's the clincher:

Law/ Justice/ Constitutional governance/ republican governance/ liberty are ideas. They cannot perish completely. They are impervious to force.

So America will have liberty once again as soon as enough people want it. Having said that, there are always those who would rather we didn't, so we may have to sacrifice and bleed and fight and pledge our fortunes and sacred honor to establish it once again. But it can and will happen.

Ideas are more dangerous than guns. --Josef Stalin

That's all that needs to be said.

Sensei
04-08-12, 07:13
Ummmm, you do know Hong Kong reverted to Communist China years ago don't you?

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1971283,00.html

Although not a democracy due to a lack of universal suffrage, I would not say that HK is communist. It has a government and system of laws that operate separate of Beijing which maintains a more global oversight authority.

SteyrAUG
04-08-12, 17:03
http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1971283,00.html

Although not a democracy due to a lack of universal suffrage, I would not say that HK is communist. It has a government and system of laws that operate separate of Beijing which maintains a more global oversight authority.

For so long as Communist China permits it. Many people even try and argue that China itself is no longer truly communist. But I wouldn't consider China or any of it's holdings as some bastion of freedom.

VooDoo6Actual
04-08-12, 17:24

+1 this.