PDA

View Full Version : Sling attachment for 870 & MS3

ARonBoard
04-04-12, 14:27
Hey guys.

I'm looking for a sling attachment for my 870 that will work with my MS3. I talked to the boys at GG&G and they said that with the design of the new clip on device the loops they use don't work with the redesign.

Anyone use an MS3 that can share what mounting loop they have for before the stock and at the forward location. I already have the MS3 and would prefer not buying an additional system.

Additional info. Stock is Speedfeed IVS

Thanks

Pax
04-04-12, 15:28
Order a 1" HK hook or ITW MASH Hook. MASH is more secure. A few bucks on amazon or cheaper than dirt. Take a cutoff wheel or even a file to the slot for the webbing, make a repair style slot. Cut and remove the original Magpul hardware that connects to the weapon. Attach the slotted MASH hook. It will now work with a GG&G mount.

Edit: Slot it like so. Place the slot to one side, not the middle. You dont have a lot of webbing to work with before the box stitch, so itll be some work wrestling it on there. If you mess it up, a couple bucks more gets you another one. Open up the slot wider if you really cant get it on, but be sure to thoroughly test its retention to ensure that it aint gonna drop the gun on you. Good luck.

http://www.milspecmonkey.com/store-images/itw-srb-repair-001.jpg

Couple other more expensive and/or more involved solutions.. New sling... Buy some plate steel and make your own sling mount... Gonna need to be pretty handy to do it well, though and itll be soft. Youll need a soft adapter (paracord) to extend its functional life.