PDA

View Full Version : An idea for BCM

gimpy
04-04-12, 21:14
I just received my A4 20" BCM upper tonight, and while admiring my first (of many) BCM product, I had an idea. I see that BCM is a sponsor of the Wounded Warrior Project, and as a member of WWP, wondered if they had ever thought of making an A2 or A4 with the WWP logo on the left side, or possibly lowers with the logo on the mag well. I'm betting that would sell like hot cakes (at say a $25 premium as donation to WWP). I know I personally would be purchasing one if they did. Does anyone know if this is something the guys at BCM have ever considered doing?

Kokopelli
04-04-12, 21:17
I just received my A4 20" BCM upper tonight, and while admiring my first (of many) BCM product, I had an idea. I see that BCM is a sponsor of the Wounded Warrior Project, and as a member of WWP, wondered if they had ever thought of making an A2 or A4 with the WWP logo on the left side, or possibly lowers with the logo on the mag well. I'm betting that would sell like hot cakes (at say a $25 premium as donation to WWP). I know I personally would be purchasing one if they did. Does anyone know if this is something the guys at BCM have ever considered doing?

That is an outstanding idea.. A complete BCM A4 with the WWP logo.. I would be in.. Ron

IYAAYASwarrior
04-04-12, 21:26
I couldnt agree more! Great idea and an even greater cause.

TonyTacoma
04-04-12, 21:28
Good idea for a great cause!

Kokopelli
04-04-12, 22:05
Why don't you bring it up to them Gimpy? I'll take se#WWP00001.. Ron

gimpy
04-04-12, 22:09
Why don't you bring it up to them Gimpy? I'll take se#WWP00001.. Ron

I have a hard time believing they would care to hear business ideas from a shot-up grunt.

Jaysop
04-04-12, 22:14
I would line up to buy one.

Ive been a strong supporter of WWP for a while.

SeriousStudent
04-04-12, 22:29
I have a hard time believing they would care to hear business ideas from a shot-up grunt.

Paul (the owner of BCM) is a former Marine, and a very strong supporter of disabled veterans.

Plus he's a heck of a nice guy. Send him an email, I would bet he would listen to you.

ETA: And thank you for your service to our country, from a fellow former grunt.

gimpy
04-04-12, 22:39
Paul (the owner of BCM) is a former Marine, and a very strong supporter of disabled veterans.

Plus he's a heck of a nice guy. Send him an email, I would bet he would listen to you.

ETA: And thank you for your service to our country, from a fellow former grunt.

I didn't mean it like that. I meant that I'm sure they have marketing people and spokespeople who can gather better feedback than I have to offer.

DJ_Skinny
04-04-12, 22:59
It's gotta come from someone. I think it sounds like a great idea!

AKDoug
04-04-12, 23:26
Awesome idea. I'd pick one up in a heartbeat to build a rifle for my wounded warrior brother-in-law.

txf15crewchief
04-04-12, 23:39
Outstanding idea! I know more than a few people who'd be interested in that; I know I am.

SeriousStudent
04-05-12, 00:11
I didn't mean it like that. I meant that I'm sure they have marketing people and spokespeople who can gather better feedback than I have to offer.

And every great product starts someplace. You saw the reaction from the folks here. Don't sell yourself short, my friend.

I think you would find a receptive ear. And it's a very worthy cause. Like many others, I send them a check every year.

Good luck to you, and let us know what they say. :)

KaBar762
04-05-12, 00:15
I'd really like to buy one as well.

StevieJ309
04-05-12, 00:35
I'd definitely buy a lower with the logo on it.

polymorpheous
04-05-12, 00:46
Perhaps I'm in the minority here.
I don't see the WWP caring for their logo on a production rifle.

AKDoug
04-05-12, 00:51
Is it the fact it's on a rifle, or just the commercialization of their logo?

They already have teamed with Under Armour and others to produce products with their logo on it.

Iraqgunz
04-05-12, 01:01
I agree. As a matter of fact there was some controversy a while back when the WWP turned down some donations from some firearms manufacturers.

Recently they turned down some money from a Cigar company (IIRC). And then there is this.

WWP fundraisers can not be sexual, political or religious in nature, and cannot be partnered with alcohol brands or the exchange of firearms. This messaging conflicts with our mind, body, and spirit approach to programs. As everyone is aware, alcohol and substance abuse have been a significant problem with segments of the Wounded Warrior population, often with deadly consequences. WWP would not be honoring and empowering Wounded Warriors if the warrior population perceived partnerships with these types of events as encouraging the use of products that contribute to that problem.

Perhaps I'm in the minority here.
I don't see the WWP caring for their logo on a production rifle.

danco
04-05-12, 06:53
...cannot be partnered with alcohol brands or the exchange of firearms...

Wow....Nice way to politicize a cause.

I guess they never thought that maybe the lives of some of their Wounded Warriors may actually have been *saved* by their firearms...

Atg336
04-05-12, 09:37
It's the same reason you don't see Hospital logos on firearms = antithetical to the mission of restoring the health of a person.

Generaly a hospitals philosophy is non-violence and any nonprofit that has the same goals will have the same philosophy.

Politics (as in right, left, center, conservative, liberal, independent, etc.) have zero weight compared to the ability of a health professional to rehabilitate our fellow wounded warriors to good health.

This is NOT an anti gun issue!

It's great that BCM contributes to WWP and I hope they continue to do so.

gimpy
04-05-12, 09:47
I asked someone from my local WWP office, and basically found out that in no way can their name/ logo be used for anything. Oh well.

Kokopelli
04-05-12, 09:50
Well dang.. I hate that, but it's most likely the case.. Good idea anyhow gimpy.. Ron

wmerk88
04-05-12, 10:00
The WWP logo has already been put on a lever action rifle and a 1911

gimpy
04-05-12, 10:27

Now that you mention it, I remember seeing that 1911.... Time to push again...

Iraqgunz
04-05-12, 10:33
How do you know that is was authorized?

Atg336
04-05-12, 12:08
If a better reasoning is needed, you can look at this example for why such branding is not considered kosher for an org. like WWP (aside from philosophical differences):

In Jordan there is an international weapons expo geared toward SOF of any nation with cash to spend. It has manufacturers from all over the world including from the US. Usually there are treaties that we have with other nations and contracts with manufacturers that limit what can be sold weapon wise to other countries for obvious reasons (i.e.: the latest and greatest technologies which can give us a tech edge over other nations, hostile or not).

However, these treaties and contracts can be loopholed by only selling this part of the weapon and that part of it, then a so inclined party can buy the rest of the parts from another manufacturer and we still end up with Hellfire missiles and SAMs in the hands of rogue nations and questionable militaries (and I won't even get into small arms). Now this is on an international scale.

Take it down a few notches: a manufacturer cannot guarantee where it's weapons will end up, regardless legitimate transactions and half-brain laws that control weapons within our borders. In light of this simple ambiguity in transactions, an org like WWP cannot take the chance that a stamped weapon ends up in the hands of Narcos and your assortment of international banditos.

Issues like this are always more complex than they appear and worth the time to really explore so we get at the truth and not just to mere opinions.

wmerk88
04-05-12, 12:54
I don't know that it was authorized and after speaking to WWP they didn't seem to have answer on whether they authorized it or not. I was just stating that their logo was used on two different firearms.

Atg336
04-05-12, 14:02
It's probably an engraving that the buyer did then.

3 AE
04-05-12, 20:25
gimpy, It's the thought that counts. Well at least in this case. Just because it would be prudent on WWP not to have their logo attached to something, doesn't mean you couldn't have it done to your rifle. If it meant that much to you, you could have an engraver do something that touches you. Just a thought. Best regards, 3 AE.:thank_you2:

Duct Tape
04-05-12, 21:14
Not that AAFES is really that awesome but there is one of the WWP lever actions up here at the Ft Drum PX. I don't know if it authorized or not so take it for what you want, but it is in the exchange's system.

gimpy
04-05-12, 21:18
gimpy, It's the thought that counts. Well at least in this case. Just because it would be prudent on WWP not to have their logo attached to something, doesn't mean you couldn't have it done to your rifle. If it meant that much to you, you could have an engraver do something that touches you. Just a thought. Best regards, 3 AE.:thank_you2:

For me, it's not about the logo per se, it's about the opportunity to have a sweet rifle that had proceeds dedicated to a cause that shooters can appreciate.

CarlosDJackal
04-05-12, 21:54
It's a great idea anyway. Maybe they can build one sample with the WWP logo and raffle or auction it?

feedramp
04-05-12, 22:43
Wow....Nice way to politicize a cause.

I guess they never thought that maybe the lives of some of their Wounded Warriors may actually have been *saved* by their firearms...

Seriously, that is pretty silly policy.

Quentin
04-06-12, 09:55
For me, it's not about the logo per se, it's about the opportunity to have a sweet rifle that had proceeds dedicated to a cause that shooters can appreciate.

Gimpy, your idea is a great one and I'm sure Paul will consider it if WWP would allow it. To most of us this would be an honorable thing to do, not like dropping their logo on Jack Daniels or Bud, etc. After all many of us were "married" to our rifle for a few years!

!Nvasi0n
04-06-12, 18:52
Well the OP's great patriotic idea turned into a shit storm didn't it?

I personally love the idea. I would buy multiple rifles just for the cause alone. And I doubt I would ever fire them.

gimpy
04-06-12, 19:32
I wouldn't say shitstorm so much as the fact that our society has come to the point that there are such possible negatives as what have been outlined. What ever happened to the days where people could support a cause without worrying who would be offended or worrying about the possible media slander if an incident occurred with one of the rifles.

Kokopelli
04-06-12, 19:46
Without litigation, where would lawyers and insurance companies be... Ron

rojocorsa
04-06-12, 22:50
It's the thought that counts!

At the end of the day, one could always just donate to WWP directly.

Seagunner
04-07-12, 02:27
They have a lot of things they could do... flags, stickers etc just don't for some reason