PDA

View Full Version : Gen4 Glock design meeting...

ck1
04-05-12, 01:38
Stumbled across this and just had to share...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3u6QboDjog

Mjolnir
04-05-12, 06:41
Wow. Almost believable, too.

Great find!

Lincoln7
04-05-12, 06:47
The truth is hilarious.

Eurodriver
04-05-12, 06:52
Good stuff - and so true.

jstyer
04-05-12, 08:14
Oh god... Laughed pretty dang hard. Then cried a little.

Kafir
04-05-12, 09:20
Outstanding! I can almost see them sitting around talking about it now...nice "break in period...got that from kimber"...too funny!

:big_boss:

demkofour
04-05-12, 11:22
That vid has been circulating since mid 2011 on Xtranormal.com, and I love it so much I added it back then to the home screen on my Apples...
To this day I love watching it as much as www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQYep23-onw

JHC
04-05-12, 16:59
Would you bet who laughs last? ;)

jmoney
04-05-12, 18:14
wow, this really hit nearly every complaint that I have with the gen4. I don't even like the serrations, all they do is irritate the hell out of me when i try to carry my 19 concealed

LMT42
04-05-12, 18:31
I'm surprised it's only been viewed 2000 times; must be a fairly new video - funny though. Everyone should email it to glock.

Since this is a humor, I hope I can thread-jack without upsetting too many people. I'll probably purchase a G19 in the near future and have decided that if I do, I'll purchase a gen 3. However, I've read that Glock has continued to produce the gen 3 since the inception of the gen 4. I assume this means that the newer gen 3s are made with the same inferior parts as the gen 4s. So, how old of a gen 3 do I need to puchase to ensure it's made with quality parts?

eleven
04-05-12, 19:35

munch520
04-05-12, 20:14
That's awesome. Someone should sent this to Glock corporate.

jmoney
04-07-12, 15:04
That's awesome. Someone should sent this to Glock corporate.

agreed

JML2321
04-07-12, 19:59
LMT, I believe the suggestion is Pre-2011 Glocks are usually a safe bet.

Actually I think it it 2009 and older models.

!Nvasi0n
04-07-12, 20:47
this is the only thing that has made me happy today:haha: More than cleaning my M4 and Glock collection after a range session.

ck1
04-07-12, 22:20
I posted this because it's freakin' hilarious to those who are in the know... but what's kinda sad is all the excuses that have become commonplace that guys keep making about the Gen4's as they continue to F-up left and right... I tried 3 different Gen4's that were all just miserable, and I really liked the 2mm smaller grip and really wanted to believe, but think I've seen enough.
Even at my agency, almost to a man, every single officer who went to a Gen4 is back with their Gen3 and the training staff is considering banning them due to what they've been seeing from them while training and qualifying guys.

Just today I shot IDPA where a guy said to me "the Gen4's are fine now, all the bugs are worked out, I've got 500rds through this one with only 4 malfunctions, pretty solid...", I just said "that's cool" (to avoid the nonsense) while thinking about my 6 Gen3's that I've had over the last 5-6 years where I've experienced maybe 2 malf's that weren't ammo related over thousands of rounds (usually without much/any cleaning). Couldn't help but think: "guys don't even know anymore". Glocks were known for NOT-jamming, seeing one that hadn't been fiddled with choke at the range or a match was as rare as a solar eclipse, now it just means you must not know about the newest RSA/extractor/ejector/etc...

Lame.

Jonny4523
04-09-12, 08:18
That's pretty funny.

brickboy240
04-09-12, 11:09
Pretty funny and mostly true.

Glock took a pretty robust and reliable item and turned it into something many of us will never buy.

...sad

Thats ok, SIG also self-destructed when they went to cranking out tons of variations on their once-trusted P-series guns and let their QC go downhill.

...we have a trend.

-brickboy240

TeamGrazzi
04-09-12, 11:25
Pretty funny and mostly true.

Glock took a pretty robust and reliable item and turned it into something many of us will never buy.

...sad

-brickboy240

This makes me worry... My department is about to switch from .38 Revolvers to G19 so I was going to finally take a drink from the Glock koolaid. Sadly all I am reading is how fail the Gen4's are....

Snake Plissken
04-09-12, 13:38
I bought an affected Gen4 Glock 19. The problems are obvious and would show up just in your first shooting session. Glock knows what the problems are and fixes them for free. Yet people continue to bitch and moan. It's not like the 3rd generation models are much different than the 2nd generation.

JHC
04-09-12, 13:53
And so far I have the Midas touch for picking new Glocks off the gunstore shelf.

Now after this weekends experience 7-0 for Gen 4 9mms that run and 3-0 for picking recent prod Gen 3 9mms that run.

"Run" meaning they cycle including eject with a high degree of reliability ie not quite a handful of malfs in 30K rounds of so; and just 3 dings to the forehead all from one box of ammo.

TeamGrazzi
04-09-12, 14:09
So I should buy with confidence that if anything is wrong Glock will fix it without a fight?? Are these flaws more of the 1:10,000 mass production thing or like the M&P where the accuracy thing is more of a 1:whatever are actually accurate?

JHC
04-09-12, 15:08
I have bought with confidence. You have to weigh everything you learn for yourself when it come to plunking down your cash. Glock does seem to be getting much better and getting problem guns sorted out from published anecdotes; on this forum included.

tfltackdriver
04-09-12, 15:34
I bought an affected Gen4 Glock 19. The problems are obvious and would show up just in your first shooting session. Glock knows what the problems are and fixes them for free. Yet people continue to bitch and moan. It's not like the 3rd generation models are much different than the 2nd generation.

For my dollar, there is nothing worse than having a brand-new gun shit the bed. You know what two manufacturers are famous for what you describe? Kel-Tec and Taurus. You think Glock owners should be happy about that? If I want to gamble, I'll play the lotto, not lay down several hundred dollars of my hard-earned money on something that is supposed to protect my life and my loved ones.

The only reason I bought my ugly-ass, horrible feeling, horrible trigger Glock 19 is because it was accurate enough, fairly indestructible and doesn't malf.

To your other point, there is such a backlash among a minority shooters that people are starting to flaunt their gen 2 pistols -- not because they hate the finger nubs, but because they are so far removed from the current abortion.

brickboy240
04-09-12, 17:01
Many of us are still running our Gen 2 Glocks because they just flat out run. They were the guns that built the Glock reputation.

Glock has gotten to be a little like SIG....want a good one?...buy an older one.

- brickboy240

Eurodriver
04-10-12, 04:47
To your other point, there is such a backlash among a minority shooters that people are starting to flaunt their gen 2 pistols -- not because they hate the finger nubs, but because they are so far removed from the current abortion.

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Ain't that the truth!