PDA

View Full Version : Date Changed***Kentucky Training Group May 12th!

aflin
04-05-12, 11:43
Edit: Due to the running of the Kentucky Derby, the date has been changed to the following week of May 12th! Sorry for any inconvenience!

To all fellow M4C members,

It's that time of the year again!

Kyfortean and I will be hosting a informal training session on May 5th in Maysville, KY. The training session will consist of running drills, so this will benefit those that have prior training experience. This will NOT be a shoot, as more of a training session. We will have barricades and IPSC targets, but if anyone has steel plates, please bring em!.

This is not only for M4C members, so invite whoever you want. The more the better. All we ask is that those that attend do have a prior training and proper gear.

If you display unsafe behavior, we WILL ask you to leave.

What to bring:
Ear and eye Pro
At least 200 pistol and rifle rounds
Water
$10 for targets
Mag pouches
Magazines

**More info and detail will be added, as this is just a announcement**

spm917
04-05-12, 20:53
I will bring mint juleps and a margarita machine.

ssracer
04-05-12, 21:39
Yeah...that is Derby Day....hope that doesn't affect your attendance

aflin
04-10-12, 20:02
Damn! I completely forgot about the running of the Kentucky Derby! It's really a holiday for the state of Kentucky.

So pardon my mistake, the date has been pushed back to May 12th! Hopefully everyone can now enjoy Mint Juleps!

Sierrahotel83
04-11-12, 07:43
Good this will allow me to have a greater chance of requesting the day off!!

aflin
04-12-12, 11:01
Nice shrek!

Enjoy those mint Juleps!

Bobert0989
04-15-12, 10:11
Sounds like fun to me, but I have a question. I have never actually attended a formal training, but am very much able to control my weapons, may I still attend?

Thanks

Bobby

Sierrahotel83
04-19-12, 08:02
What time will this session be?

aflin
04-22-12, 22:39
Session will start at 8am.

Bobert- You can attend!

Sierrahotel83
04-23-12, 13:57
I guess I will not be able to make it, as I guess my boss doesn't understand that a day requested off means I cant stay over at work til 4 am...

Bobert0989
04-24-12, 09:51
I will hopefully be able to attend, depending on my work situation as well. Sounds like a good oppurtunity, no doubt!

Thanks

~Bobby

aflin
04-24-12, 10:22
Awesome! Great to hear.

Shrek P. sorry to hear about your situation...Bosses... :mad:

spm917
05-09-12, 14:39
Can you give out directions? This would be my first time and I don't know where the farm is located.

aflin
05-09-12, 23:41
Can you give out directions? This would be my first time and I don't know where the farm is located.

Ah roger that, We will being meeting Here (http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&safe=off&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1280&bih=679&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=maysville+speedway+gas&fb=1&gl=us&hq=speedway+gas&hnear=0x88415ab520b4a3cf:0x71197391775c90ba,Maysville,+KY&ei=cUarT_jUL4bfgQfdkaRk&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=image&ved=0CAYQtgM&iwloc=cids:13708992441184190260), the speedway at the intersection of US 68 and the AA highway.

Meet up time is 8am

Number is

My cell is 606-584-8354

House Number is 606-564-6202

aflin
05-10-12, 17:14
One more update:

We will doing a lowlight/nightshoot! So bring your glowsticks!

Bobert0989
05-12-12, 01:39
Found out yesterday that I won't be able to make it either guys, sorry. I was looking forward to it... :/

Hopefully I can get with you all some other time, if any other events come up...

Thanks for the invite though!

~Bobby

spm917
05-13-12, 19:14
Aflin's brother Brendan getting ready to head butt his rifle.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-TGnOvtOE-UI/T7BH5caNCAI/AAAAAAAADjs/pv0MZO-ppqY/s640/DSC_0341.JPG

Two Iraq war veterans and some chick.
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-p80FymJh4bo/T7BH0FlngrI/AAAAAAAADjE/t_enlACoaZ8/s640/DSC_0336.JPG

Aflin's friend Chase. He is a good shooter and a good mechanic.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Rg4IBWFrI9Y/T7BIE_ffYFI/AAAAAAAADlM/B6U7DgMs6hA/s640/DSC_0353.JPG

Here is a pic of Ryan. I don't have any pics of his brother...
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-zcZAvMfouwE/T7BH8T6oopI/AAAAAAAADkM/UqjhH53uuJI/s640/DSC_0345.JPG

Aflin provided excellent instruction all day.
https://picasaweb.google.com/smaroudis/Kentucky_training?authkey=Gv1sRgCMmb7Zrypo-JVw#5742168865388709810

Kyfortean's dad received a DARPA grant for a tactical resupply delivery system. The prototype is based on a Southern States riding lawnmower.
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-U3SVdPEXfw8/T7BIuGQgt8I/AAAAAAAADqM/SCpDvGY3moQ/s640/DSC_0393.JPG

Sierrahotel83
05-13-12, 20:44
Looks like a lot of fun, I hope I can participate next time!

DeAdeYE15
05-13-12, 23:14
Does anyone know of a Carbine course close to my area? I live in Albany, Ky. Is the class of topic only once a year? I'm very interested in taking a class, any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

aflin
05-14-12, 18:28
Good meeting you SPM! Glad you learned some from the training.

Kyfortean's father cracked me up on his lawn mower hahaha

To deadeye: I will be hosting a class very soon in the near future. Keep checking up in this group. This past Saturday was nothing more then a informal training session. Next one will be a actual structured class.

Sierrahotel83
05-14-12, 18:31
Aflin, Just please tell me there will be something soon, been duracoating gun parts all day... now need to get out and shoot stuff.

aflin
05-14-12, 22:35
will do shreck!

kyfortean
05-15-12, 10:04
Haha. Love the pic of dad.

spm917
05-16-12, 14:56
Links to more pics

DeAdeYE15
05-16-12, 22:39
Good meeting you SPM! Glad you learned some from the training.

Kyfortean's father cracked me up on his lawn mower hahaha

To deadeye: I will be hosting a class very soon in the near future. Keep checking up in this group. This past Saturday was nothing more then a informal training session. Next one will be a actual structured class.

I'll definitely be keeping track. Hopefully I'll be off work. It'll be a bit of a drive for me, but I'm sure it'll be worth it.

cmharb2
05-29-12, 19:22
I finally made an account on here. I had a blast at the shoot, the night stuff was awesome. I can't believe we reviveed the battery of socraties, I thought it was a gonner.

Sierrahotel83
05-29-12, 23:53
Welcome to M4C

noveske81
10-21-12, 09:21
Deadeye you said you live in Albany, this year we had a carbine class in Jamestown KY at the Russell County sportsmans club, its about 30-45 min. from you. We had it in May, looking to maybe do it again around that time this coming year, we had Frank Proctor come down his company is Way of the Gun, wayofthegun.us check it out had a pistol and rifle class two days, PM me or just keep an eye out for posts as a bunch of us in the area are into training and look to have him and other well know instructors down hopefully in the future. I hope to maybe get out to a KY regional training sometime, didnt mean to high jack the tread just knew that deadeye is real close to me, new to the site also, good to see so many of my fellow kentuckians into training, hope to see some of you all at the same training or at the regional ill post any training we do also for all to enjoy.

DeAdeYE15
10-25-12, 14:23
Deadeye you said you live in Albany, this year we had a carbine class in Jamestown KY at the Russell County sportsmans club, its about 30-45 min. from you. We had it in May, looking to maybe do it again around that time this coming year, we had Frank Proctor come down his company is Way of the Gun, wayofthegun.us check it out had a pistol and rifle class two days, PM me or just keep an eye out for posts as a bunch of us in the area are into training and look to have him and other well know instructors down hopefully in the future. I hope to maybe get out to a KY regional training sometime, didnt mean to high jack the tread just knew that deadeye is real close to me, new to the site also, good to see so many of my fellow kentuckians into training, hope to see some of you all at the same training or at the regional ill post any training we do also for all to enjoy.

Well that's the closest class that I've heard of. I'm definitely interested, that's a drive I wouldn't care to make. I'll look out for the post. Thanks for taking the time to inform.

noveske81
12-21-12, 21:35
here ya go deadeye Class will be May 3-4, with one day pistol, one day carbine there will be a night shoot both nights. The class will take place in Russell Springs Ky at the Russell County Sportsmans Club, for more info go to Franks website at wayofthegun.us hope to see some of you there

DeAdeYE15
12-21-12, 21:40
here ya go deadeye Class will be May 3-4, with one day pistol, one day carbine there will be a night shoot both nights. The class will take place in Russell Springs Ky at the Russell County Sportsmans Club, for more info go to Franks website at wayofthegun.us hope to see some of you there

Great, I'll mark it on my calender. What will I need to bring, money, ammo, ect, and how much? I'll check out the site though maybe it's on there.

DeAdeYE15
12-21-12, 21:58
I checked out the site, it looks like every thing needed to know is on there. 1,000 rounds of ammo, and $250 for one day (carbine). I'm definitely planning this course in. Thanks for the info.

noveske81
12-21-12, 23:01
good deal, he has a spot to pay a deposit on the class which he wants if you have never taken his classes before, make sure and email him to get on the list of students taken the class, i expect the classes to fill quickly, make sure and look me up day of class. Frank is a very good instructor, very good classes i think u will learn alot, and have a good time

DeAdeYE15
12-23-12, 10:56
good deal, he has a spot to pay a deposit on the class which he wants if you have never taken his classes before, make sure and email him to get on the list of students taken the class, i expect the classes to fill quickly, make sure and look me up day of class. Frank is a very good instructor, very good classes i think u will learn alot, and have a good time

It looks like finding the 1,000 rounds may be a problem. Everyone's buying up all the ammo over this election/Sandy scare.