PDA

View Full Version : Weatherby opinions

djmorris
04-05-12, 14:24
Looking for opinions on Weatherby shotguns. I'm looking at possibly getting a Weatherby PA-08 to replace my Mossberg 590. I haven't had any issues with my Mossberg and I love the fact that it's 8+1 but right it's got a breacher barrel which I'm not a big fan of the extra length/weight and crappy sights. It's also a pistol grip only right now and I feel like a decent stock will cost me another $100 so I might as well just get a completely different 12GA in the configuration I want.

I saw the 6+1 Weatherby PA-08 at my LGS and it looked nice for the price tag of $349. I understand an 870 or a 500 has more aftermarket options but that's not real important to me aside from replacement parts that may break years down the road.

So. Opinions? Junk? Decent?

BamaM4
05-02-12, 10:14
Would be interested in reading anybody's Weatherby experience also.....

Paladin801
05-02-12, 10:24
I came so close to buying a Weatherby it wasn't funny. I carried an 870 for 25 years for work and never had any problems at all. I forgot the hype of new and improved and went with the the tried and true. Not sorry, but still like the look of the Weatherby. I, like you OP couldn't find out much about the Weatherby. I'm not sorry I stayed with the 870 for my personal weapon. JMO