:cool:
KSAT.com
Related To Story

Video: Man Shot, Allegedly Killed In Self-Defense

Man Shot, Killed In Apparent Road Rage Incident
Shooter Opened Fire When Attacked With Baseball Bat

POSTED: 11:45 pm CST January 1, 2008
UPDATED: 9:03 am CST January 2, 2008

SAN ANTONIO -- One man was shot and killed Tuesday morning, but the man who pulled the trigger will likely not face charges, police said.

Two vehicles were on Huebner Road, but when they both reached the Fredericksburg Road intersection, one man got out of his vehicle and began attacking the other with a baseball bat, police said.

When the man with the bat tried to attack the driver, investigators said, the second driver pulled out a gun and shot the first driver twice.

The man with the baseball bat died at the hospital. His identity has not been released.

The shooter – whose identity has also not been released – had a license to carry a concealed weapon and investigators said he acted in self-defense and will not immediately face charges.

The case will be sent to the district attorney’s office for review.

Jay Cunningham
01-03-08, 15:55
This belongs in General Discussion.

Newaza
01-03-08, 16:01
Just goes to show, don't ever take a baseball bat to a gunfight. If you have pull a weapon and fight for your life, do it the right way. Use a gun.

Hersh
01-03-08, 16:28
:
The case will be sent to the district attorney’s office for review.

Texas has a "no duty to retreat" clause in their CCW law so my bet is the shooter wil be cleared.

Mojo58
01-03-08, 16:49
Texas has a "no duty to retreat" clause in their CCW law so my bet is the shooter wil be cleared.

Like I said before, "God Bless Texas"!

WS6
01-03-08, 17:10
No pity here. +1 to the shooter. Try to harm/kill innocent parties and this is what SHOULD occur.

Newaza
01-03-08, 18:36
Yea, no doubt. Dumb$hit with a bat got what he deserved.

Saginaw79
01-03-08, 19:38
Florida has a similar law, we no longer have a duty to retreat either! :)

DANGER CLOSE
01-03-08, 20:31
louisville slugger had it coming then. you know where sympathy lies in the dictionary. the tone of the article suggests that the shooter was wrong and the author feels violated that there may not be charges. oh my god, what is this world coming too. sarcasm there. just my 2 cents.

Patrick Aherne
01-03-08, 23:39
Nice to see all those other states catching up with California and the not duty to retreat stuff.

DANGER CLOSE
01-04-08, 04:27
patrick, doesnt south city have the most citizens that are cops? likely to happen in san francisco, some one would have been beaten with a bat.

boltcatch
01-04-08, 12:41
I just moved into my new place yesterday... in Texas! :D This place is great.

Hersh
01-04-08, 16:20
Florida has a similar law, we no longer have a duty to retreat either! :)

GTG! We had a similar bill during the last legislative session but it got squashed because a large association of prosecuting attorneys lobbied against it. They claimed that such a law would turn the state into "Dodge City" ... I kid you not!

We did win a small victory though ... now I have a right to defend my porch. :rolleyes:

toddackerman
01-04-08, 17:06

Probably doesn't matter. The three things that need to be present being "Ability, Opportunity, and Jeopardy" were fulfilled. Any lawyer could get him off on this one.

RGT
01-05-08, 08:50
GTG! We had a similar bill during the last legislative session but it got squashed because a large association of prosecuting attorneys lobbied against it. They claimed that such a law would turn the state into "Dodge City" ... I kid you not!:

Opponents to the bill here in Florida said the same thing. Of course it didn't happen.

markm
01-05-08, 09:28
Yea, no doubt. Dumb$hit with a bat got what he deserved.

Definitely a Dumb Ass. But you never know if the shooter was antagonizing the other driver.

It has happened before.... not so classy individuals who will allow an encounter to escalate knowing that they have their weapon close by.