PDA

View Full Version : REDBACK ONE 2-DAY BASIC CARBINE - CHUGIAK, AK - SEPT. 29-30, 2012 (FULL)

Redback One
04-07-12, 13:43
https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/252599_463881463622132_895968831_n.jpg

2-DAY BASIC CARBINE

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f15/30calslut/RB1%20in%20CT%20April%202012/P4018263.jpg

Instructor: Jason Falla

Course dates: Sept. 29-30, 2012

Cost: $450

Range facilities:

20269 Birchwood Spur Rd.
Chugiak, AK 99567
Phone: (907) 688-3967

BIRCHWOOD RECREATION AND SHOOTING PARK (http://www.brspclub.com/index.html)

ABOUT JASON FALLA AND REDBACK ONE:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/417846_359896734020606_201698463173768_1441155_1623943266_n.jpg

Jason arrived in the United States in 2005 after spending 12 years of service with the Australian Army Special Operations Command. Jason represented the very best in dedication to duty and in unwavering support for the United States in combat and Special Operations missions in support of the Global War on Terror.

Since arriving in the U.S. Jason has trained countless U.S Military personnel in pre-deployment training including many elements from the U.S Special Operations Command.

Jason is now the Director of Training at Redback One, a diverse training company that provides Tier-1 training solutions to the Military, Law Enforcement and private sectors. With his strong military instructor background, Jason undertook a project to develop two critical components of training infrastructure for Redback One. The result was the Redback One Training System (RTS) and the Redback One Shooting System (RSS).

RTS a complete systematic approach to training that is in use by RB1 cadre to analyse, design, develop, implement and evaluate a structured and consistent training product to their clientele.

RSS is a robust combat shooting system that is designed to systematically train students from entry-level, through to advanced shooters in all elements of competency in combat marksmanship.

Redback One’s core competency is firearms training and is comprised of 3 levels; RSS Level 1, 2 and 3 and covers pistol, carbine and shotgun. Our Tier-1 cadre provides our customers with advanced tactics training in a wide spectrum of operational areas including but not limited to; Close Quarters Battle, Close Quarters Fighting, Hostage Rescue, Vehicle Counter Ambush, Maritime Interdiction, Protective Service Detail, Counter Terrorist Driving, Instructor Development and more.

We are a full service company that is registered with Central Contracting Registry.

COURSE DESCRIPTION:

The 2-day basic carbine course is designed to provide the new shooter with a working understanding of firearms safety and the core skills to safely and proficiently operate a carbine. Students will gain valuable knowledge about the AR platform and ammunition selection for multiple applications as well as the limitations and capabilities of the carbine. Students will be challenged with techniques that will create a solid foundation of shooting fundamentals that will take each student to the next level.

This course will cover the following:

Safety Fundamentals
Nomenclature
Field Stripping & Assembly
Care & Maintenance
Fundamentals of Carbine Marksmanship
Fighting Mindset
Accessories & Gear Placement
5.56 mm Ballistics and Carbine Lethality
Zeroing the Carbine for tactical applications
Loading & Unloading Procedure
Marksmanship Skills
Ready Positions
Hold Overs & Barrel/Sight Relationship
Reloading in Tactical Situations & Under Stress
Carbine Malfunctions & Clearance Procedures
Engaging Multiple Targets
Recoil Management
Stress Courses

EQUIPMENT AND AMMO REQUIREMENTS ARE AS FOLLOWS:

Serviceable Carbine/ Rifle w/ Sling, Optics, Accessories
(5) Carbine Magazines
Duty Belt
Duty Uniform, 5.11 or BDU type pants or any comfortable pants, a t-shirt, boots or shoes and a hat.

OPTIONAL:

Body Armor, Tactical Over‐Vest or Battle Rig
Dump Pouch, IFAK
Shooting Gloves
Knee Protection

MISC. EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS:

Weapon cleaning kit and lubrication supplies with Sectional Rods
Eye and ear protection (Electronic Ear Pro Preferred)
Hydration source

AMMUNITION REQUIREMENTS:

Carbine - 800 rounds

NOTE:

If you would like to book this course for your department or send personnel to this course, please contact our Sales & Training Coordinator to discuss your departmental requirements.

Redback One Sales & Training Coordinator
Giselle Falla
Email: Giselle@redbackone.com
Phone: +1 (757) 318-1024
Fax: (480) 393-4826

For technical questions regarding course curriculum and content, contact our Director of Training.

Redback One Director of Training
Jason Falla
Email: Jason@redbackone.com
Cell: (757) 839-8375

Redback One is a U.S company registered with the Central Contracting Registry.
DUNS: 962690934
CAGE: 6LAB9

drck1000
05-29-12, 12:05
Hello.

I am currently making my arrangements for this course, particularly my flights. How late to the typical training days run? I understand that each day will be different depending on any number of factors, but I noticed that the recent pistol class in AK just completed this weekend ran until 8 pm one day and 7 pm the second day. The reason why I ask is that the flights that are availble for me to leave Anchorage are redeye flights and I want to be sure to allot sufficient time.

It probably was light until quite late in AK at this time of year. The days might not be so long come end of September.

Thank you very much for your time! Already looking forward to September!

Jason Falla
05-29-12, 14:16
At RB1 we don't teach to timings, we teach to proficiency and competency. Having said that, you can expect that the days are going to run up to at least 1730-1800 at a minimum. The start times will generally be 0745 arrive for a 0800 start.

The syllabus is set for our courses and training objectives must be achieved, for if they are not, our students won't be able to link the lessons for practical application.

drck1000
05-29-12, 14:57
At RB1 we don't teach to timings, we teach to proficiency and competency. Having said that, you can expect that the days are going to run up to at least 1730-1800 at a minimum. The start times will generally be 0745 arrive for a 0800 start.

The syllabus is set for our courses and training objectives must be achieved, for if they are not, our students won't be able to link the lessons for practical application.

Sounds great! I will plan accordingly.

Looking forward to seeing you guys in September!

Redback One
05-31-12, 09:30
This course is now full. If you would like to be put on our waiting list, email me at giselle@redbackone.com

For those already enrolled, we'll be bringing another instructor, Jason and Muz will be your instructors.