PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for my nephew

NavyDavy55
04-07-12, 15:42
My nephew joined the Navy for one reason and that was to be a SEAL. He started BUDS and made it to the day before Hell Week and dropped medically for severe stress fractures in his legs. While trying to heal for a second try, he got tired of waiting and went to an aircraft carrier. The SEALs there encouraged him to try again so he did. Unfortunately he again dropped due to the leg stress fractures.

He was very disappointed but finished out his enlistment. After the Navy he went to college. While in school he was diagnosed with lung cancer though he never smoked a cigarette in his life.

He has had every treatment known to man several times over the last few years, but this week he went into hospice. This young man has put up a very courageous battle. My family was afraid this would happen and we're very sad to say the least.

I just ask to remember my nephew Jeff in your prayers.

Thank you.

04-07-12, 16:30
He'll be in our prayers.

The_War_Wagon
04-07-12, 17:02
Thank him for his service from us.

czydj
04-07-12, 17:20
All y'all will be in my prayers...

Packman73
04-07-12, 17:31
Jeff will be in my family's prayers.

militarymoron
04-07-12, 17:46
i'm very sorry to hear that.

Moose-Knuckle
04-07-12, 18:17
Prayers sent for your nephew. . .

I just lost an uncle to leukiema last month. This week I had an aunt diagnosed with lung cancer (we're waiting to hear what stage it's in). My wife is scheduled for surgery to have a brain tumor removed this summer (we're hoping and praying it's benign). And a close family friend was diagnosed in December with pancreatic and liver cancer.

TAZ
04-07-12, 18:19
Please thank him for his service and we will keep him in our prayers.

munch520
04-07-12, 18:19
My God. He's a fighter, you know that. Encourage him to keep fighting!!

No matter how healthy we are, we're still subject to Gods will. My wife had a full ride as a D1 athlete at OSU, doesn't drink or smoke, and had cervical cancer at 26/27. He can't fight fate. But he CAN fight the cancer! :D

SeriousStudent
04-07-12, 23:41
Prayers sent for your nephew and for all those who care for him.

Please thank him for his service to our country as well.

M4Fundi
04-08-12, 04:23
Prayers sent

usmcvet
04-08-12, 06:40
Prayers sent. I'm in remission for a second time. It is a scary and frustrating fight. He deserves peace and comfort. He sounds like a wonderful man.

chuckman
04-08-12, 12:29
Your nephew is a Warrior. Prayers out.

sboza
04-08-12, 16:40
Hearing stories like this kill me. Although it is not for me to understand, I will never understand why God takes those with such great potential too soon while the selfish and the worthless often live out long and pointless lives.

When that day comes (hopefully a long, long time from now), he will be able to go to God with his head held high from a life well lived.

Your nephew and your family are in my prayers.

CarlosDJackal
04-08-12, 18:19
Sorry to hear this. One of my God Sisters, also a non-smoker, was diagnosed with the same ailment last Novermber. They thought that she had a good chance of beating it because they had caught it early enough.

A couple of weeks ago I got word that they determined she was in Stage 4. Both her parents and some of her sblings were smokers so it's a good chance she got it from them.

My prayers for your nephew and I hope his prognosis gets much better.

tb-av
04-08-12, 18:24
Sorry for his current affairs.

Proud of his dedication.

11B101ABN
04-08-12, 19:06
There is a place at the table for him. If his passing is meant to be, he will be in fine company, indeed.

HES
04-10-12, 23:10
Damn. I'm sorry for all of you.

SMETNA
04-10-12, 23:31
. . . . I will never understand why God takes those with such great potential too soon . . . .

God doesn't give us diseases and disorders. We bring them on ourselves, through pollution and chemicals and poisons, preservatives and radioactive tests and accidents. God may choose to intervene and help cure us and bring us to health, or he may not. But I firmly believe He hasn't caused these afflictions; we have.

I'll pray for Jeff and for your family OP. What a bad deal

Reagans Rascals
04-10-12, 23:59
Antineoplastons ............ look them up...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antineoplaston

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanislaw_Burzynski

http://www.burzynskimovie.com/

http://www.burzynskiclinic.com/

what I just posted will be the best help your nephew could ever receive.... watch the film if you get a chance... it will completely change yours and a your nephews lives

its available on Netflix

SWATcop556
04-11-12, 09:28
Prayers for you and yours sir.

Icculus
04-12-12, 10:17
Prayers sent for Jeff and your family.

NavyDavy55
10-27-12, 09:01
My nephew passed away early this morning. He went peacefully, with his wife and other family by his side.

The poor young man has suffered so much in the last 4 years as he fought this cancer, that it is a real blessing he is resting now.

He was only 26.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
10-27-12, 09:10
My nephew passed away early this morning. He went peacefully, with his wife and other family by his side.

The poor young man has suffered so much in the last 4 years as he fought this cancer, that it is a real blessing he is resting now.

He was only 26.

He is in a far better place now than any of us could ever imagine. Im so sorry for your loss. My prayers go out to your family.

Magic_Salad0892
10-27-12, 09:11
I just found out about this thread today.

You and your family have my extreme sympathies, sir.

He's in a better place now.

Packman73
10-27-12, 09:25
I'm very sorry for you loss. R.I.P.

militarymoron
10-27-12, 10:03
i'm so sorry to hear that.

SeriousStudent
10-27-12, 10:06
I am very sorry to hear of his passing. Please pass on our sympathies to your family, and I hope you receive comfort and strength from those around you.

His light burned briefly, but it sounds as if it was a very bright light. He helped make us a better nation through his service.

krisjon
10-27-12, 13:59
My thoughts and prayers are with you guys. And I know the same goes for my friends here on The Strand.

Rest easy, young man. Valhalla always welcomes those who never quit.

Moose-Knuckle
10-27-12, 15:42

He was only 26.

You have my sincerest condolences.

May Jeff RIP.

Safetyhit
10-27-12, 15:53
Never saw this thread first time around, it hurt to read. Seems like the brave young man was dealt a terrible hand after enlisting yet always did his best to make the most of it. Truly sorry to hear.

M4Fundi
10-27-12, 18:41
Praying for ALL of you again! Christ had a plan for him and we may never know just what that plan was, but I'll bet he carried it out well!

HES
10-28-12, 23:14
Oh my. My heart and thoughts to you and your family.

Mjolnir
10-29-12, 05:37
Prayers for your family are sent.

Did anyone ever figure out the stress fractures - were they somehow associated with the cancer?

Kokopelli
10-29-12, 08:22
Praying for ALL of you again! Christ had a plan for him and we may never know just what that plan was, but I'll bet he carried it out well!

Indeed... I'm sorry for your loss.. Ron

jared91
10-29-12, 09:37

This. He has a spot now at the table of God, and a special one at that as a member of the armed forces.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Mjolnir
10-29-12, 10:19

He was only 26.

I'm terribly sorry for you and your family's loss.

Godspeed to him.

montanadave
10-29-12, 10:55
I'm very sorry for your loss.

I wish you and your family peace and healing.

M4Fundi
10-29-12, 15:58
This. He has a spot now at the table of God, and a special one at that as a member of the armed forces.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

I am sorry for your loss... know that he is not only at peace, but now also full of great joy where he is!

Its tough when they leave us or are taken. We have to try and "accept" God's larger vision... and its OK to be really pissed off for awhile too... I've been there... and God will understand.

Sensei
10-29-12, 16:13
I'm very sorry for your family's loss. Thoughts and prayers sent...