PDA

View Full Version : Easiest Way to Load Magazines

ptmccain
04-07-12, 15:57
Have been using the Maglula magazine loader for quite a while and am always a bit surprised by people who've never heard of them and have not seen them. Thought I'd do a video showing how to use them with close ups of how exactly they work.

Hope some find this helpful.

http://youtu.be/zB9X5GHKMRE?hd=1

Hogsgunwild
04-07-12, 19:08
Yes, once you start using these you really can't go without.

I keep one in my range bag and one in my ammo carrier just to make sure I never end up at the range without one (should I forget to stick the one back in my ammo container before I head out to shoot).

I bought one for my AR mags but haven't tried it out yet.

chadil1ac
04-07-12, 22:00
Panzies!

Just jokes...my thumb hurts from loading 150 rounds of 9 into my G19 mags...

SteveL
04-07-12, 22:12
Good job on the video. I have one of the strip Lulas for AR mags and IMO it's worth its weight in gold. I really need to get one for pistol mags.

Kokopelli
04-07-12, 22:14
I'm a convert as well.. I used them for 1911, AR and M1A magazines.. Ron

royal
04-07-12, 22:45
Nice video. I have one and I don't use it near often enough. Time to dig it out of my range bag. Once you get going you can get through a dozen or so glock mags in a few minutes. Great invention wish I'd thought of it!

truth
04-08-12, 00:34
That's genius, but for AR mags I prefer the Cammenga.

Jonny4523
04-08-12, 07:05
It is certainly a life saving in the cold. I don't think my fingers like to go more than 2 mags worth if it is really cold out.

ImBroke
04-08-12, 09:05
That looks easy, might have to try one. I typically do it by hand and then use the Glock magazine loader tool if my thumb gets sore. But I'm not under any time restraints at the range I go to and find that loading the magazines in between strings forces me to slow down. If I were paying by the hour I'd definitely pre-load the mags.

ptmccain
04-08-12, 14:41
Thanks for watching and thanks for the comments.

BaronFitz
04-08-12, 15:56
It really is the way to go. I bought one for my wife when she broke a nail trying to stuff mags at the range. Bought one for me too, and it's great, especially for getting that first round into an M&P mag with that goofy follower.

The_War_Wagon
04-08-12, 16:17
I'd passed by SOOOOO many of those at gunshows over the years, thinking, "ONE of these days..." But that day never got here.

A couple of years ago, I bought 500 rounds of XM193 off a guy getting OUT of ARs, and he threw a Lula in as part of the deal. WOTTA difference THAT makes!!!

I'm lazy now, and pre-load all my mags with 'em. At the range though, shooting gloves makes loading a mag tolerable... :o

!Nvasi0n
04-08-12, 17:56
Wow! I have seen those for years but never knew it made it THAT easy. Gonna trash my Glock mag loader and get one of these for USPSA! Will definitely help in between matches.

JRas
04-08-12, 19:05
Is it easier to sit down when you pee too :lol:

FourLoko
04-08-12, 19:43
Still on sale at Amazon for $25.04 and qualifies for free shipping. I bought one but haven't used it yet.

Done being a tough guy.

Frailer
04-08-12, 22:43
Still on sale at Amazon for $25.04 and qualifies for free shipping. I bought one but haven't used it yet.

Done being a tough guy.

I ordered one from Amazon earlier this evening. My son came over to shoot this afternoon, and as we were loading mags I noticed that he--using his new Maglula--was loading two mags to my one.

I knew they worked, but I didn't know how well. Best thing since sliced bread.

ptmccain
04-09-12, 18:12
It's really amazing how fast you can go with it, I like to stack bullets in my hand all facing the right direction, and I can really load up a mag quickly.

Thanks for watching.

ptmccain
04-09-12, 18:13
Wow! I have seen those for years but never knew it made it THAT easy. Gonna trash my Glock mag loader and get one of these for USPSA! Will definitely help in between matches.

The Glock loaders suck, big time.

ptmccain
04-09-12, 18:13

Apparently yours is short enough to allow you to do that.

Snap.

ptmccain
04-09-12, 18:35

:dance3:

Hogsgunwild
04-09-12, 18:36

Snap.

Ha, ha, ha. That had to hurt! :sarcastic:

johnson
04-10-12, 00:04
Since I primarily shoot a Glock, the factory loader works fine for me. Works best on a solid surface or your lap.

I don't know why this forum doesn't allow embedded videos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziZl2iPCTNA

Evil Colt 6920
04-10-12, 00:24
I have several of these loaders for varying calibers and they do make mags easier and faster to load. I still prefer stripper clips though for speed.

ptmccain
04-11-12, 19:46
Thanks for the comment.