PDA

View Full Version : LMT MWS magazine choices........

duece71
04-07-12, 19:20
As far as I know, Magpul, Larue, KAC, DPMS were the only manufacturers that I knew of. Now I see that Brownells has 2 others for sale
The Promag......

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=41990/Product/AR-STYLE-308-20-ROUND-MAGAZINE

And also an offering by MAGTECH which I am unable to find in their online store but I have found in their latest paper catalog, page 46.

Anyway, what say all of you? These are priced competitively, or so it seems. Any ideas on quality? Are they worth buying one to try out?
Thanks.
Also, if I have missed any other manufacturers of magazines for the MWS, spell them out.

VooDoo6Actual
04-07-12, 20:06
I'm using KAC, LMT & MagPul.
KAC are first choice. Occasional issues w/ P Mags. FTF....
Otherwise happy as a clam in high tide.....

Gun is a Death Ray....
Best results so far are w/ 168 & 175 gr.

d90king
04-08-12, 07:41
Pmags and LaRue mags have worked well in mine. And like Hop, 168gr and 175gr GMM performs very well out of my 16".

FromMyColdDeadHand
04-08-12, 10:19
I have a 2 LMT mags that worked well, but I run the LR20 PMAGs. I had overinsertion issues the the LR20s, but Magpul sent me replacement bodies and I haven't had any issues since- no missfeeds or problems of any kind.

168gr FGMM and 168gr Amax work well. Even 168gr FMJ from PRVI rings steel pretty well, but I haven't grouped it at distance. The good thing is the PRVI matches FGMM on steel for me out to 400m.

Hornady Superperformance 168gr IIRC, popped some primers in my 16CL barrel (carbine gas). Doesn't say it on the box, but in their website they discourage the use of that ammo in carbine gas systems.

duece71
04-09-12, 20:30
I have a 2 LMT mags that worked well, but I run the LR20 PMAGs. I had overinsertion issues the the LR20s, but Magpul sent me replacement bodies and I haven't had any issues since- no missfeeds or problems of any kind.

168gr FGMM and 168gr Amax work well. Even 168gr FMJ from PRVI rings steel pretty well, but I haven't grouped it at distance. The good thing is the PRVI matches FGMM on steel for me out to 400m.

Hornady Superperformance 168gr IIRC, popped some primers in my 16CL barrel (carbine gas). Doesn't say it on the box, but in their website they discourage the use of that ammo in carbine gas systems.

Yep, me too. My last range session, I found a couple on the mat I was using to go prone. I am going to stick with Fed GMM 168gr and 175gr. My MWS likes that stuff best anyway. Magpul has been good to me with my MWS as well, no problems at all. Why get one steel mag for the price of 3 PMAGs?

FromMyColdDeadHand
04-09-12, 21:33
Yep, me too. My last range session, I found a couple on the mat I was using to go prone. I am going to stick with Fed GMM 168gr and 175gr. My MWS likes that stuff best anyway. Magpul has been good to me with my MWS as well, no problems at all. Why get one steel mag for the price of 3 PMAGs?

Better than having it freeze the FCG group and lock the rifle up- at a public range and have everyone look at you like you have two heads as you start going midevil on you rifle with a cleaning rod and a mallet. The only time I wish the MWS had a forward assist since it was just enough out of battery to lock the upper and lower together.

Tzoid
04-09-12, 21:51
Just like my Signature line...... I wouldn't buy a ProMag if it came with a Blowjob.... :nono:absolute Junk.

I use Pmags and the KAC Magazine my MWS came with.

duece71
04-10-12, 18:39
Better than having it freeze the FCG group and lock the rifle up- at a public range and have everyone look at you like you have two heads as you start going midevil on you rifle with a cleaning rod and a mallet. The only time I wish the MWS had a forward assist since it was just enough out of battery to lock the upper and lower together.

Yeah, thank goodness it wasn't that bad, no more Hornady for me. It was nice to be the only shooter on the 200yrd range though....:)