PDA

View Full Version : M4Carbine IQ test contest with small prizes....

a0cake
04-09-12, 18:20
I was sent a link to this test earlier today and thought it was pretty good. http://www.iqtest.dk/main.swf

I don't have anything major that I want to part with, but have some things here and there that I really don't need, use, or want laying around anymore. So this is a fun way to "pay it forward."

Post a screenshot of your score in this thread by May 1st at noon EST. If you've posted enough to get into GD I'll just have to assume that you're not BS'ing. Anything can be faked so we'll just go by the honor system. It's not like I'm giving away massive prizes anyway. If there are ties (I don't even know if anyone will participate let alone tie), I'll choose winners at random from the ties, however they work out. Should be no issues. I'll look over the results and post the winners in this thread sometime shortly after time is up. Then you PM me with your mailing address as well as the items you would prefer ranked 1-4 (so I can determine who gets what) and I'll get everything sent out in a reasonable amount of time.

The four prizes are:

- Daniel Defense VFG

- Daniel Defense EZ CARBINE QD SWIVEL ATTACHMENT POINT

- Magpul AFG 2 (sprayed OD green but in good condition)

- Tareinco VSP single point sling.

1st Place high score gets first pick...2nd place gets second pick...etc.

ETA: This particular test is purported to be a good estimator of IQ by the MENSA chapter that developed it, but its scope is limited in that it only asks a very specific type of question, which obviously favors certain types of thinkers. People who score poorly on this test may be brilliantly gifted in other areas. Likewise, people who score very well may struggle in certain areas that the lower scorers excel at. The test does, however, provide an unbiased challenge that is unaffected by language and acquired mathematical skills. It endeavors to make innate logical reasoning abilities and problem solving skills the most important factors in determining score, rather than skills learned through education.

For good measure, here's what I got. Good luck.

http://i.imgur.com/LWOb9.jpg

SteyrAUG
04-09-12, 18:27
Bellow 90 and you can't get in? No, not really. This was an interesting time killer on this boring Monday, though. I know it's not a good indicator of IQ (which itself is not a great indicator of much), but it's a decent estimator put together by a MENSA chapter. So there is some credibility to this test as opposed to the majority of online IQ tests. Give it a shot and see how you do.

http://i.imgur.com/LWOb9.jpg

A really smart person would have included a link to the test.

:sarcastic:

a0cake
04-09-12, 18:28
A really smart person would have included a link to the test.

:sarcastic:

LOL. A really really smart person would have seen the link on the bottom of the picture. :D

I'm actually about to turn this into a contest with prizes. I've got too much shit laying around and some of it needs to be given away. Standby for update.

SteyrAUG
04-09-12, 18:31
LOL. A really really smart person would have seen the link on the bottom of the picture. :D

You are assuming I didn't. That is not what a smart person would do.

:lol:

GTifosi
04-09-12, 20:55
Yay!
I'm not a total mouth breather!

GeorgiaBoy
04-09-12, 21:03
Meh. Forgot to screen shot but it was 106.

I've taken a few IQ tests (all informal internet tests) and my scores can range anywhere from 100 to 140. This was the only test I have seen where its nothing but shapes/patterns.

I probably could have scored better if it wasn't for the increasing difficulty as the test went on. It begins to be more of a patience test than an IQ test by question 25. I just quit trying to figure them out completely and almost guess the right pattern. ;)

Same goes for most internet IQ tests. They are never accurate. "Measuring" someones's intelligence is a very hard thing to do.

a0cake
04-09-12, 21:06
Yeah, I don't think anyone should (or would) make the mistake of thinking that this test is a perfect indicator of IQ (which itself isn't even a good indicator of much). This particular test was put together by a MENSA chapter, and is purported to be one of the better online estimators / predictors of IQ. But, it really doesn't mean much anyway.

Meh. Forgot to screen shot but it was 106.

I've taken a few IQ tests (all informal internet tests) and my scores can range anywhere from 100 to 140. This was the only test I have seen where its nothing but shapes/patterns.

I probably could have scored better if it wasn't for the increasing difficulty as the test went on. It begins to be more of a patience test than an IQ test by question 25. I just quit trying to figure them out completely and almost guess the right pattern. ;)

Same goes for most internet IQ tests. They are never accurate. "Measuring" someones's intelligence is a very hard thing to do.

montanadave
04-09-12, 21:25
Well, that was humiliating.

It has now become abundantly clear why I am receiving weekly offers to join the AARP and MENSA seems to have lost my address.

buckshot1220
04-09-12, 21:53
Well, that was humiliating.

It has now become abundantly clear why I am receiving weekly offers to join the AARP and MENSA seems to have lost my address.

We all knew it, Dave, but none of us had the heart to tell ya!

Just kidding.

Heavy Metal
04-09-12, 22:12
Yeah, I don't think anyone should (or would) make the mistake of thinking that this test is a perfect indicator of IQ (which itself isn't even a good indicator of much). This particular test was put together by a MENSA chapter, and is purported to be one of the better online estimators / predictors of IQ. But, it really doesn't mean much anyway.

I blitzed thru the questions and they were all pattern-spacial recognition type questions that do nothing with regards to verbal abilities.

I will take it for real this weekend

buckshot1220
04-09-12, 22:24
I did it while watching TV, half paying attention and completely uninterested by question 25. I finished with around 20 minutes on the clock and scored a 108.

Like someone else here said, I may do it for real this weekend. Closed room, no TV or noise, awake and alert.

LOKNLOD
04-09-12, 22:25
I'll bite. 118
I don't know if they were supposed to get harder as it progressed, but some of the ones towards the end got me.
I will admit to using my phone screen as a mirror to solve one of the ones I thought was symmetry-based :P
https://www.m4carbine.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=11823&stc=1&d=1334028203

a0cake
04-09-12, 22:32
I will admit to using my phone screen as a mirror to solve one of the ones I thought was symmetry-based :P

Haha, nice. That kind of ingenuity has got to be worth at least 5 bonus points.

chadbag
04-09-12, 22:34
I got a 126. Screen shot upon request. That was interesting. I got to the point when I wondered how much longer it could go on :) [of course the countdown timer told me the answer but I ended up "finishing" 2 minutes early as my brain decided it was done looking at shapes]

SteyrAUG
04-09-12, 22:43
I did pretty good for just taking a stab at the last 12 or so. They got harder all of the sudden.

:D

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/SteyrAUG/Mensa.jpg

But I did learn two things:

1. I'm lazy

2. I no longer care about the results of tests.

Ironman8
04-09-12, 22:50
118 for me too...my mind gave out at the end :alcoholic:

rojocorsa
04-09-12, 23:25
I'm pretty impatient.

I guessed on a lot of that shit and my total score was 105.

I'll be fine as long as I never lose my common sense, that's what I care about.

Also, it's kinda funny that "mensa" is an adjective in Spanish to describe feminine nouns as stupid/dumb.

bnanaphone
04-09-12, 23:46
Couldn't sleep and this did not help. The last 6 made me shake my head a few times, but I scored a 126 so it's not all bad. Thanks for the brain strain aOcake.

http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt253/dbecker227/photo-1.jpg

SteadyUp
04-09-12, 23:53
My score was 103. I was definitely liking the test until question 20 or so, then my brain started saying, "**** these shapes and patterns, let's finish this shit!"

At least I know I have a "normal" IQ. :)

Reagans Rascals
04-10-12, 00:08
http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t403/jwmassaro/test.jpg

that test is what the Spaniards would call el-terrible

Lincoln7
04-10-12, 00:17
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s272/Linkstar07/IQresults.jpg

Thanks for the upload help, Reagans Rascals!

Reagans Rascals
04-10-12, 00:32

I don't know how to screen shot on my girlfriend's Mac computer. I suppose that number isn't so credible now...

http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/screencapturemac/ht/macscreenshot.htm

130 is well above average my friend...

Jellybean
04-10-12, 00:39
Well I guess I don't win anything- only got a 107. Although I did finish with 16+ minutes left.....
Goodbye aspirations! Apparently I'll be sticking with the "nameless henchman" gig for a while longer. :p

Javelin
04-10-12, 01:10
That's it?

That's not any IQ test I have ever seen. Drawing logic from a corollary pictorial depiction of shapes, shades and sizes is a pretty weak and one-dimensional assessment.

Cool test but seriously flawed if taken into account for overall IQ.

Reagans Rascals
04-10-12, 01:13
That's it?

That's not any IQ test I have ever seen. Drawing logic from a corollary pictorial depiction of shapes, shades and sizes is a pretty weak and one-dimensional assessment.

Cool test but seriously flawed if taken into account for overall IQ.

IQ is derived from reasoning and problem solving, such as solving puzzles, mazes, and recognizing patterns.... doesn't really take into account the persons general knowledge

Evil Colt 6920
04-10-12, 01:55
http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr339/shotgunspree/IQ2.png

OK honor system.... I took the test twice:p I rushed through the test and scored 133. Second time around was much easier. The answers that escaped me on the first go round were obvious on the second try.

QuietShootr
04-10-12, 08:11
136, and I failed at the screenshot too (it came out blank white). I don't think it's super accurate, either, and like most IQ tests the further you are toward the ends of the curve the less accurate it is. Also, IQ is usually calculated using age so I'm not sure what value it used for that, since it didn't ask the question.

SteyrAUG
04-10-12, 12:04
I'm pretty impatient.

I guessed on a lot of that shit and my total score was 105.

I'll be fine as long as I never lose my common sense, that's what I care about.

Also, it's kinda funny that "mensa" is an adjective in Spanish to describe feminine nouns as stupid/dumb.

My score was 103. I was definitely liking the test until question 20 or so, then my brain started saying, "**** these shapes and patterns, let's finish this shit!"

At least I know I have a "normal" IQ. :)

IQ is derived from reasoning and problem solving, such as solving puzzles, mazes, and recognizing patterns.... doesn't really take into account the persons general knowledge

I actually lost a lot of respect for Mensa having taken that IQ test.

Being able to recognize "logical patterns in the randomness" doesn't really test your intelligence any more than being able to solve a Rubiks cube. All it actually determines is how much of a talent you have for recognizing "logical patterns in the randomness."

And as most complex problems do not have solutions that conform to "logical patterns" it isn't even a very good test for problem solving. It is just a sophisticated brain teaser, another Rubiks cube. And I have known complete morons who can beat the cube and I have known some very intelligent people who couldn't begin to solve it.

If you want a real test of intelligence, it is higher mathematics. Everything else can be taught from history, language, science and recognizing logical patterns. Higher mathematics can't simply be taught in the same way. It requires a given capacity to learn and comprehend and then apply them at all. Without exception everyone I have ever met who is more intelligent than I, has a higher capacity for mathematics than I possess. Conversely those I know who aren't as intelligent possess a lower capacity for mathematics.

Now you can be intelligent and not "know" as much math as another person because you were never taught, But your capacity to learn, understand and apply higher mathematical principles will still exist.

Brain teasers and recognizing patterns are much more like testing a capacity for mechanical understanding. Sure it measures a type of intelligence, but it isn't really related to overall IQ any more than recognizing "logical patterns" otherwise watch makes and mechanics are smarter than most of us. Of course there are people who think solving a Rubiks cube is also a demonstration of some kind of genius.

When I was very young I was given an IQ test and reportedly scored off the chart. As a consequence of my superior intelligence I was placed into a Montessori school (who ironically enough were the people who administered the IQ tests) and all manner of advanced programs so that my special gifts would be nurtured and developed. I happen to believe that the only people who had their IQ tested that day were my parents and that they didn't score very high.

They actually believed a test which consisted of my playing with blocks and organizing shapes "logical patterns in the randomness" were an actual indicator of my capacity for intelligence and it probably cost them a great deal of money. Of course it doesn't take a genius to tell parents that "their child is more special than the rest" and get them to believe it.

Taking a "brain buster" and then telling those who are skilled at pattern recognition that they are "more intelligent" than the majority of the population is not really any more difficult to sell. Perhaps recognizing such things should be the real test of intelligence. Of course some would say that is more correctly enlightenment than intelligence and they are not the same either.

QuietShootr
04-10-12, 12:28
snip

When I was very young I was given an IQ test and reportedly scored off the chart. As a consequence of my superior intelligence I was placed into a Montessori school (who ironically enough were the people who administered the IQ tests) and all manner of advanced programs so that my special gifts would be nurtured and developed. I happen to believe that the only people who had their IQ tested that day were my parents and that they didn't score very high.

They actually believed a test which consisted of my playing with blocks and organizing shapes "logical patterns in the randomness" were an actual indicator of my capacity for intelligence and it probably cost them a great deal of money. Of course it doesn't take a genius to tell parents that "their child is more special than the rest" and get them to believe it.

Taking a "brain buster" and then telling those who are skilled at pattern recognition that they are "more intelligent" than the majority of the population is not really any more difficult to sell. Perhaps recognizing such things should be the real test of intelligence. Of course some would say that is more correctly enlightenment than intelligence and they are not the same either.

I've said this for years, but you really are my brotha from anotha motha. Spooky.

HES
04-10-12, 23:06
took it, got a 108. Meh. It is based on spatial relations and pattern recognition. Now excuse me, I have to tape up my knuckles.

C-grunt
04-10-12, 23:41
http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm229/killerchase2000/IQ.png

Not to bad I guess.

SteyrAUG
04-11-12, 00:36
took it, got a 108. Meh. It is based on spatial relations and pattern recognition. Now excuse me, I have to tape up my knuckles.

Just remember that the average person who scores higher than you probably couldn't even begin to field strip an AR. There's all kinds of puzzle solving out there and one doesn't necessarily make you any smarter than the other.

rojocorsa
04-11-12, 04:02
So what you're saying SteyrAUG, is that this is some random and arbitrary abstract crap and then some people decided it would be a good metric to base whether an individual is "intelligent" or not?

I won't lie in that after maybe the first 15 problems, I really didn't get what was going on. Perhaps the way I see patterns is different than that of the test makers?

If so, could we then take it to the next level--the philosophical realm--and determine which pattern is "correct?"

f I joke. None of this abstract shit matters. An IQ of 150 does one no good if they're perpetually in "condition White" or something like that and they end up a victim/casualty.

I do agree with your call of measuring intelligence via math problems and I want to say I had a teacher or someone else like that make a similar argument.

**If this post makes no sense, it's because I'm up too late.

GTifosi
04-11-12, 07:48
Rainman Ray (or rather real people with same or simular issues) could math his ass off, ergo he's a super genious?

Math doesn't even allow for very much abstract thought.
You use time tested formulas, and if you can't make something go, you modify a formula to make it go.

The mathematical answer is, or it is not, with zero chance of something in between.
No fuzzy logic, exploitable gray area or random influence.
Correct or incorrect, period.

Once forumulas and methods are established, its literally just putting numbers in the correct box then following preset 'instructions' as defined by the formula.
Your answer is X. Everyone else supplied with the same numbers and formula have the same answer of X.
Don't what if, don't wing it, just accept it as a finality.

It uses memorization or the ability to read a chart/table and then follow preset instruction, but there is little to know 'free creative thought' involved.

Even memorization isn't really that much of a tell.
There are people out there who have entire libraries of information in thier head, but who would drown in a rain storm because they aren't bright enough to not stand there mouth agape looking up.

Besides, I suck at math and you can't convince me otherwise.
Art too.
And chess.

chadbag
04-11-12, 10:00
The point about math was not the doing of the math, but the capacity to learn HOW to do the math.

Rainman Ray (or rather real people with same or simular issues) could math his ass off, ergo he's a super genious?

Math doesn't even allow for very much abstract thought.
You use time tested formulas, and if you can't make something go, you modify a formula to make it go.

The mathematical answer is, or it is not, with zero chance of something in between.
No fuzzy logic, exploitable gray area or random influence.
Correct or incorrect, period.

Once forumulas and methods are established, its literally just putting numbers in the correct box then following preset 'instructions' as defined by the formula.
Your answer is X. Everyone else supplied with the same numbers and formula have the same answer of X.
Don't what if, don't wing it, just accept it as a finality.

It uses memorization or the ability to read a chart/table and then follow preset instruction, but there is little to know 'free creative thought' involved.

Even memorization isn't really that much of a tell.
There are people out there who have entire libraries of information in thier head, but who would drown in a rain storm because they aren't bright enough to not stand there mouth agape looking up.

Besides, I suck at math and you can't convince me otherwise.
Art too.
And chess.

nimdabew
04-11-12, 10:51
1. I'm lazy

2. I no longer care about the results of tests.

Me too. That and I was trying to juggle work and this test at the same time lol. I had a whole 14 seconds to spare, so I am sure I could have gotten the last two if I had just a minute more!

http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr173/nimdabew/idiottest.jpg

QuietShootr
04-11-12, 11:22
IQ scores are a fairly accurate predictor of success in life, as unpleasant as some folks find that concept.

shua713
04-11-12, 12:08
wow that test get crazy, I am not very patient. I got a 108

SteyrAUG
04-11-12, 12:31

And congratulations, you have recognized another real world problem and how neatly defined solutions "patterns" don't always apply. You have identified a significant exception to the "math yardstick" indicator of intelligence. And in some respect Rainman is "smarter" than most of us, just not in most daily respects.

But that confined ability to be applied to anything including "pattern tests." I'm sure there is a Rainman variety who could take the same Mensa tests all day long with perfect scores but can't make a can of soup. So the specialized idiot savant can be talented at both math and pattern recognition skills which make them an invalidating anomaly in both instances.

The real problem of course is there isn't a "one size fits all" best indicator IQ test. Sooner or later somebody becomes the exception to the rule and completely undermines the validity of any IQ test for a variety of reasons.

But capacity for math probably remains the best overall way to separate the exceptionally intelligent individual from the rest. I think even Rainman would have difficulty with most of the math used by physicists.

On the downside of course, higher mathematics are also a specialized intelligence like pattern recognition ability. It doesn't make you a good hunter, able to correctly paint a house or give you the ability to provide for your family. So does that specialized skill really make one smarter in the overall grand scheme of things?

One could argue a master archer is more intelligent than the rest because he too can do something most others cannot and it requires far more than intellectual problem solving. In many real world applications the master archer would be a far more successful human being than his counterparts with mathematical / pattern recognition skills. So it should hardly be surprising that a group of people with strong pattern recognition skills, like Mensa, would declare this to be the criteria for recognizing genius.

Redmanfms
04-11-12, 12:31
It was a fun pattern recognition game, but I don't think it is indicative of much else. I took it twice as some others did and scored 135 the first time and "above 145" (which I suppose is 'maxing out') the second time. Both times I had a great deal of time left on the clock.

The test does require a fair degree of reason to accomplish, but the lack of a verbal portion (which is likely its appeal anyway) means that primary aspects of what many consider "native intelligence," that actually require synthesis of learned information with innate ability to exhibit cognition, are left out.

I'm a tech loser, so no screenshot.

Redmanfms
04-11-12, 12:34
IQ scores are a fairly accurate predictor of success in life, as unpleasant as some folks find that concept.

Source?

QuietShootr
04-11-12, 12:54
Source?

One:

http://www.nationalaffairs.com/doclib/20080709_19971282iqandeconomicsuccesscharlesmurray.pdf

GTifosi
04-11-12, 12:56
*sniff*

Can't you smart guys know by observation or assesment when someone is just trying to make themselves feel a little bit better?

Since I'm to dim to win a prize all I wanted to do was share a little to make it feel at least participitory.

But nooo you guys gotta be all 'have capacity' to do this and 'potential to learn' to do that and stuff and junk.

Now I feel even worse than I did earlier because not only do I feel dumb, I proved it.

Screw you guys! I'm gonna go call my mother!

*sniff* :cray: *sniff*

:p

QuietShootr
04-11-12, 13:40
*sniff*

Can't you smart guys know by observation or assesment when someone is just trying to make themselves feel a little bit better?

Since I'm to dim to win a prize all I wanted to do was share a little to make it feel at least participitory.

But nooo you guys gotta be all 'have capacity' to do this and 'potential to learn' to do that and stuff and junk.

Now I feel even worse than I did earlier because not only do I feel dumb, I proved it.

Screw you guys! I'm gonna go call my mother!

*sniff* :cray: *sniff*

:p

LOL...

I can pick out the brights and above without a test, normally.

In no particular order, some of the ones around here (that I have noticed) are:

SteyrAUG
lanesmith
a0cake
sinister
rob_s
mjolnir (met him IRL. he IS a smart mother****er)
DocGKR
Zhukov (ditto)
GJM
Lumpy196

I'm sure there are more, but those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Redmanfms
04-11-12, 13:40
One:

http://www.nationalaffairs.com/doclib/20080709_19971282iqandeconomicsuccesscharlesmurray.pdf

I have serious reservations about much of Murray's research. I know you have an infatuation with his writings, but here is some food for thought; Murray, in none of his research, ever addresses the effect of labeling on outcome. The children who did better on "pen-and-paper" tests in all likelihood subsequently received more attention and encouragement both at home and in school. As a result they did better academically, as a result they did better financially. They may have, or they may not have, received that additional attention, but Murray made no attempt to deal with that possibility in his research. What's more, in his most recent book on this issue, he effectively excoriates his previous research and posits that socialization is a primary factor in individual success and social stability.

But this is dragging aocake's fun game thread way off topic.

MistWolf
04-11-12, 14:09
LOL...

I can pick out the brights and above without a test, normally.

In no particular order, some of the ones around here (that I have noticed) are:

SteyrAUG
lanesmith
a0cake
sinister
rob_s
mjolnir (met him IRL. he IS a smart mother****er)
DocGKR
Zhukov (ditto)
GJM
Lumpy196

I'm sure there are more, but those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

I'd add Molon to that list

sadmin
04-11-12, 14:57
I'd add Molon to that list

+ JSantoro

a0cake
04-11-12, 15:15
+ JSantoro

I agree, and would add that if the ability to confuse the shit out of people while reprimanding them, so that they have to read his response five times before being sure of whether they're being praised or admonished, is a metric for gauging intelligence, then JS is at the top of the list. :lol:

MistWolf
04-11-12, 15:32
+ JSantoro

Yes. How could I forget the inimitable J-Man, the Chuck Norris of satire?

sadmin
04-11-12, 15:53
I agree, and would add that if the ability to confuse the shit out of people while reprimanding them, so that they have to read his response five times before being sure of whether they're being praised or admonished, is a metric for gauging intelligence, then JS is at the top of the list. :lol:

Ha! True.. Its reminds me of Bilbo Baggin's speech at his birthday -
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Reagans Rascals
04-11-12, 18:23
There was a rather interesting study presented in the book Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell... they continuously monitored children with very high scores on a specific intelligence test throughout their lives... and none amounted to anything....

I have the book on .pdf if anyone is interested..

QuietShootr
04-11-12, 18:36
I've read it.

There are all kinds of arguments about why being "smarter" may not always be an advantage, but I would still rather have it than not have it.

And if you don't have it, and it makes you feel personally validated to believe that it doesn't matter, then by all means, proceed.

SteyrAUG
04-11-12, 19:43
There was a rather interesting study presented in the book Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell... they continuously monitored children with very high scores on a specific intelligence test throughout their lives... and none amounted to anything....

Not surprising. But there is no automatic relationship between intelligence and success. I can't count the number of successful ****tards I have seen in my life.

SteyrAUG
04-11-12, 19:49
There are all kinds of arguments about why being "smarter" may not always be an advantage, but I would still rather have it than not have it.

Honestly, it can be a serious burden and actually make life harder.

Ever been a lot smarter than your boss and unable to hide it? Becomes a problem rather quickly in most cases and usually means you get locked in place or get replaced. Been there a few times, seen it so many times it I can't count them all.

Also when you can see all the bullshit for what it actually is you walk around in a perpetually flabbergasted state because you cannot believe what is going on all around you all the time. This usually does not make a happy, carefree person.

It's like being the only person who is right in a classroom full of people who are all wrong and having a teacher who thinks they all have the correct answer as well.

Javelin
04-11-12, 20:03

I can't describe to you what a real IQ test is exactly but I know that this little brain teaser isn't it.

Let's get real folks. You want an IQ test go take one.

Here are the qualifying Mensa tests (or you can go to www.mensa.org) and qualifying scores.

California Test of Mental Maturity (CTMM) IQ 132
California Test of Cognitive Skills IQ 132
Cattell IQ 148
Stanford Binet, Form L-M IQ 132
Wechsler Adult and Children Scales
(WAIS and WAIS-R, WISC, WISC-R, WISC-III)
Note: Short form not accepted IQ 130
Otis-Lennon Tests IQ 132
Otis-Gamma Test IQ 131
SAT or CEEB scored prior to 9/30/74 1300
GMAT (Percentile rank of verbal + quantitative)** 95
Miller Analogies Test (MAT) - Raw Score 66

The one I know about is located in the Dallas/Ft. Worth Area, where you can have the MAT test administered
at the SMU (Southern Methodist University) Counseling and Testing Center.

Here is their contact info:
http://www.smu.edu/counseling/school.html, 214-768-2269.

Enjoy.

Sam
04-11-12, 20:31
105 but I don't know how to do a screen shot.

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/demo/20120412-nmfu-91kb

Reagans Rascals
04-11-12, 21:59
105 but I don't know how to do a screen shot.

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/demo/20120412-nmfu-91kb

if you are on a PC.... hit the "PRINT SCREEN" button... roughly located directly to the right of F12

once you press that button, it saves the screen shot to the RAM... the short term memory...

open up MS paint... which is located in under accessories in the start menu.... once paint is opened click "EDIT" at the top, then click "PASTE".... and viola... you have your screen capture

then simply save the image as a .bmp or .jpeg (jpegs cause compression issues and give you a cloudy noisy picture)

Reagans Rascals
04-11-12, 22:04

Ever been a lot smarter than your boss and unable to hide it? Becomes a problem rather quickly in most cases and usually means you get locked in place or get replaced. Been there a few times, seen it so many times it I can't count them all.

Also when you can see all the bullshit for what it actually is you walk around in a perpetually flabbergasted state because you cannot believe what is going on all around you all the time. This usually does not make a happy, carefree person.

It's like being the only person who is right in a classroom full of people who are all wrong and having a teacher who thinks they all have the correct answer as well.

honestly... the absolute greatest explanation I have ever heard for this in my life....

QuietShootr
04-11-12, 22:12
I can't describe to you what a real IQ test is exactly but I know that this little brain teaser isn't it.

Let's get real folks. You want an IQ test go take one.

Here are the qualifying Mensa tests (or you can go to www.mensa.org) and qualifying scores.

California Test of Mental Maturity (CTMM) IQ 132
California Test of Cognitive Skills IQ 132
Cattell IQ 148
Stanford Binet, Form L-M IQ 132
Wechsler Adult and Children Scales
(WAIS and WAIS-R, WISC, WISC-R, WISC-III)
Note: Short form not accepted IQ 130
Otis-Lennon Tests IQ 132
Otis-Gamma Test IQ 131
SAT or CEEB scored prior to 9/30/74 1300
GMAT (Percentile rank of verbal + quantitative)** 95
Miller Analogies Test (MAT) - Raw Score 66

The one I know about is located in the Dallas/Ft. Worth Area, where you can have the MAT test administered
at the SMU (Southern Methodist University) Counseling and Testing Center.

Here is their contact info:
http://www.smu.edu/counseling/school.html, 214-768-2269.

Enjoy.

I know all that. The last time I took an official one it was a WAIS-R pre-dumbing down.

QuietShootr
04-11-12, 22:14

And THAT is how I know you're one of us. if you weren't, you wouldn't have any idea what that feeling is.

It's not happy, but I would still rather have it than be blissfully ignorant.

Jellybean
04-11-12, 23:14
Well, there's got to be at least some common sense involved with this thing- I couldn't help myself so I went back and did it again just randomly clicking answers as fast as I could. Only got a 79.
Now I feel really smart....:lol:

SteyrAUG
04-11-12, 23:29
And THAT is how I know you're one of us. if you weren't, you wouldn't have any idea what that feeling is.

It's not happy, but I would still rather have it than be blissfully ignorant.

That is what I have been telling myself for years. But I'm starting to feel like the Zen Master Hakuin and almost at the point where rather than correct anyone simply start replying "Is that so?"

And I have contemplated blissful ignorance, just not sure if I could ever really force myself to watch NASCAR.

The SteyrAUG Guide To Total Happiness... (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=39380)

Reagans Rascals
04-12-12, 00:01
That is what I have been telling myself for years. But I'm starting to feel like the Zen Master Hakuin and almost at the point where rather than correct anyone simply start replying "Is that so?"

And I have contemplated blissful ignorance, just not sure if I could ever really force myself to watch NASCAR.

The SteyrAUG Guide To Total Happiness... (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=39380)

I like your guide to happiness... however; I have a few that might be good to add?

6. Porn
7. More Porn

thopkins22
04-12-12, 10:25
There's a billionaire who finds kids with exceptional intelligence and pays them extraordinarily high salaries to come work for him provided that they DO NOT go to college.

Some of you might start searching for contact info unless you've already decided to not encumber yourself with the thought process.

I started with a 115...and decided to take it again because I'm a genius in my own mind. The score went down to 109. :(

I need to dig up my SAT scores to pump some air back into my ego.

SteyrAUG
04-12-12, 13:17
Well, there's got to be at least some common sense involved with this thing- I couldn't help myself so I went back and did it again just randomly clicking answers as fast as I could. Only got a 79.
Now I feel really smart....:lol:

interestingly enough if you click the same letter answer for the entire test it will consistently score you between 79-81.

I attempted several patterns of answers such as clicking various shapes on the answer selections and got as high as 87.

So the test is at least well organized.

rojocorsa
04-12-12, 13:18

You mean I'm not the only one who has contemplated being a happy go lucky ignorant person (especially when it comes to politics and what is really going on)?

SteyrAUG
04-12-12, 17:09
You mean I'm not the only one who has contemplated being a happy go lucky ignorant person (especially when it comes to politics and what is really going on)?

I've started to arrive at the philosophy that if I'm not allowed to fix a problem or deal with it to the best of my ability then I don't even want to hear about the problem beyond basic knowledge to avoid it as best I can.

QuickStrike
04-12-12, 17:30
Got 106.

QuietShootr
04-12-12, 17:46
There's a billionaire who finds kids with exceptional intelligence and pays them extraordinarily high salaries to come work for him provided that they DO NOT go to college.

Some of you might start searching for contact info unless you've already decided to not encumber yourself with the thought process.

Too late. I've already got graduate degrees. Gotdamn it... wish I would have known about that first.

QuietShootr
04-12-12, 17:48

Get outta my head. Except on the internet, and then only occasionally, I have taken to simply smiling and nodding, and then making sure I spend as little time with an idiot as possible after I identify one. Whoever coined the phrase about them dragging you down to their level and beating you with experience was so ****ing right. That, and the pig singing thing.

usmcvet
04-12-12, 18:28
Alright did any of you keep clicking the last answer waiting for it to fill in like all the other ones did? It is the only question I did that on and I noticed the letter changing next to the number. Just wondering if that has anything to do with the score. I was a 102.:) But I have a great personality.

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/usmcvet0331/IQ.png

rojocorsa
04-12-12, 18:51
I've started to arrive at the philosophy that if I'm not allowed to fix a problem or deal with it to the best of my ability then I don't even want to hear about the problem beyond basic knowledge to avoid it as best I can.

I'll admit I am on the younger side, but I came to that exact same conclusion about three weeks ago--the final nail in the coffin was the Trayvon-Zimmerman affair. If other people want to be lied to or led on, let them be the goddamn sheep. I can't do anything about that.

QuickStrike
04-12-12, 19:05
But I have a great personality.

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/usmcvet0331/IQ.png

Anyone past the normal range is a nerd. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZEdDMQZaCU

HES
04-12-12, 20:45
Not surprising. But there is no automatic relationship between intelligence and success. I can't count the number of successful ****tards I have seen in my life.
So you've met my brother?

Just remember that the average person who scores higher than you probably couldn't even begin to field strip an AR. There's all kinds of puzzle solving out there and one doesn't necessarily make you any smarter than the other.
Thanks. Plus this conflicts with other tests that put me in the 130 range. So I'm not too worried. I will say that the older I get the dumber I feel.

You just about described Dr. Evil Jr (age 12) to a T. I am trying so hard to teach him patience, how not to come across as an arrogant ass (even though he is right), how to hide his contempt for idiots (like his teachers). He is a damned good kid, but he can't keep from calling bullshit when he sees it. If he can control himself he will be hell on wheels.

QuietShootr
04-12-12, 21:37
So you've met my brother?

Thanks. Plus this conflicts with other tests that put me in the 130 range. So I'm not too worried. I will say that the older I get the dumber I feel.

You just about described Dr. Evil Jr (age 12) to a T. I am trying so hard to teach him patience, how not to come across as an arrogant ass (even though he is right), how to hide his contempt for idiots (like his teachers). He is a damned good kid, but he can't keep from calling bullshit when he sees it. If he can control himself he will be hell on wheels.

Get him around other brights before the normals ruin his mind. Seriously. Find a better school so the kid can reach his potential instead of having to wait for the slowheads in the class.

SW-Shooter
04-12-12, 21:47
Doesn't mean squat. Do it with a screen capture with M4Carbine tab in the background.

Proof of real results http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z253/dhsgman/IQtest.jpg.

a0cake
04-12-12, 22:43
Doesn't mean squat. Do it with a screen capture with M4Carbine tab in the background.

Proof of real results

LOL, and what exactly is stopping people from simply combining their tabs and someone else's image of the results in MS Paint?

Furthermore, what is stopping somebody from taking the test multiple times and posting their best score, or implementing a process of trial and error to determine the correct answers over the course of multiple test sessions?

My point is that anything can be faked without difficulty, which is why I said we'll go by the honor system. Although I did consider making an open M4C tab part of the requirement at first. But what's the point?

If someone out there is mentally deranged enough to cheat for a little internet recognition and perhaps a shot at my used Magpul AFG, there is no way to stop them from doing so without developing a system that will make it a pain in the ass for everybody.

Reagans Rascals
04-12-12, 22:56

that doesn't prove you didn't take the test 6 times

I say take the items off the table... let whoever takes it do so as a novelty

SW-Shooter
04-12-12, 23:05
that doesn't prove you didn't take the test 6 times

I say take the items off the table... let whoever takes it do so as a novelty

Got no heartburn with that. But trust me six times ain't gonna get you a higher score, simply because they don't let you know which ones you failed to answer correctly. I guess I over analyze even the simplest of tasks, but with a hint of skepticism.:fie:

a0cake
04-12-12, 23:09
Got no heartburn with that. But trust me six times ain't gonna get you a higher score, simply because they don't let you know which ones you failed to answer correctly. I guess I over analyze even the simplest of tasks, but with a hint of skepticism.:fie:

"Analysis Paralysis." Also, Mr. MENSA, consider that although the correct answers are never revealed, one could simply narrow each question down to two of the most likely answers, label them A and B, take the test only 3 times (perhaps trying all A's one time, all B's the next, and every other the last time), and stand a pretty good chance of achieving an outstanding score. But I don't think anybody wants an AFG quite that bad...at least I hope not. :)

RancidSumo
04-13-12, 02:02
I scored a 122. No screen shot since I didn't win anything anyway. I'm just glad there were no distributed load cables devised by a crazy Indian guy with a name I can't even pronounce in the test. Two in one night and I'd go kill off enough brain cells that I'd be scoring 70s for the rest of my life.

rojocorsa
04-13-12, 02:33
Here is a little brain teaser.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/295012_10150684814746144_777416143_9307366_72307902_n.jpg

Reagans Rascals
04-13-12, 04:14
Here is a little brain teaser.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/295012_10150684814746144_777416143_9307366_72307902_n.jpg

2581= 2

although I highly doubt a child at age 4 could do this....

GTifosi
04-13-12, 11:23
Although I did consider making an open M4C tab part of the requirement at first. But what's the point?

Especially as there are those of use who don't or won't use tabbed browsing, nor would switch to it temporarily for something like this.

Mabe that's why I'm so low down in the curve, I'm using the wrong browser! :haha:

SteyrAUG
04-13-12, 11:41
2581= 2

although I highly doubt a child at age 4 could do this....

If you told them they were counting circles I'm sure they could do it in 5-10 minutes. I of course began searching for mathematical constants even though I was already clued that they wouldn't exist.

But once I had your answer I was able to compare it with the other "2" and realized what the 6's and 8's had in common.

Reagans Rascals
04-13-12, 11:45
If you told them they were counting circles I'm sure they could do it in 5-10 minutes. I of course began searching for mathematical constants even though I was already clued that they wouldn't exist.

But once I had your answer I was able to compare it with the other "2" and realized what the 6's and 8's had in common.

every single time I see one of those questions that says a kid could do it blah blah blah and a scientist took this long.... I immediately throw away any actual knowledge or mathematical know how like pattern recognition, multiples of primes, factorials, etc... and go straight to the "out of the box" b.s.

things like shapes, colors, names, numbers of characters, pictures... basic shit usually does the trick

every single time... its a somewhat trick question

I remember a recent question from NPR regarding Catenaries.... the droop of a piece of cable between 2 points... it gives you the length of the cable, the height of the points, the droop of the cable and wants to know how far apart the 2 points are... well about 6 hours of intense calculus later.... you realize the god damn poles are at the same spot and the damn cable is just doubled over..... bunch a bullshit

a0cake
04-13-12, 12:16
Especially as there are those of use who don't or won't use tabbed browsing, nor would switch to it temporarily for something like this.

Mabe that's why I'm so low down in the curve, I'm using the wrong browser! :haha:

http://www.lolriot.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/I-heard-she-uses-internet-explorer-lol.jpg

Voodoo_Man
04-13-12, 12:25
I think I did something wrong...

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j341/shevon_vspec/forum%20stuff/misc/IQtest.jpg

a0cake
04-13-12, 12:29

LOL. If somebody doesn't want their prize it goes to you.

Zhurdan
04-13-12, 12:47
Scored a 109.

Did print screen and closed the window. Captured my second monitor instead of the test. Is that part of the test? :D

GTifosi
04-13-12, 14:31
http://www.lolriot.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/I-heard-she-uses-internet-explorer-lol.jpg

"How much for the little girl? The women... How much for the women?"

SteyrAUG
04-13-12, 14:46
every single time I see one of those questions that says a kid could do it blah blah blah and a scientist took this long.... I immediately throw away any actual knowledge or mathematical know how like pattern recognition, multiples of primes, factorials, etc... and go straight to the "out of the box" b.s.

things like shapes, colors, names, numbers of characters, pictures... basic shit usually does the trick

every single time... its a somewhat trick question

I actually know that, but it is still a difficult override for me. Decades of "finding the mathematical answer" means that is my primary, default response to a page full of numbers. It's very hard to turn that off, or at least it is for me, and simply go looking for pretty shapes and colors, even if I understand that is where the answer is going to be this time.

Without your answer, it would have taken me a lot longer to catch on.

SteyrAUG
04-13-12, 14:51
"How much for the little girl? The women... How much for the women?"

Man, this mall's got everything...
Baby clothes.
This place has got everything.
Disco pants and haircuts...
The new Oldsmobiles are in early this year...
Pier 1 Imports.

Redmanfms
04-13-12, 20:52
Man, this mall's got everything...
Baby clothes.
This place has got everything.
Disco pants and haircuts...
The new Oldsmobiles are in early this year...
Pier 1 Imports.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Safetyhit
04-13-12, 23:23
A bit too late for me to get involved with this tonight, but I'm wondering why it says "Wrong answers do not influence your result - so guess rather than omit a question!" at the introduction.

What type of test doesn't factor in wrong answers? You sure it's not a gimmick of some sort?

a0cake
04-13-12, 23:25
A bit too late for me to get involved with this tonight, but I'm wondering why it says "Wrong answers do not influence your result - so guess rather than omit a question!" at the introduction.

What type of test doesn't factor in wrong answers? You sure it's not a gimmick of some sort?

It just means that the scoring is only based off of correct answers. In other words, there is no additional penalty for answering wrong over not answering at all. If you answer incorrectly, there is a penalty insofar as you did not answer correctly, but nothing more.

If you got half the answers wrong and half right, you would get the same score as if you didn't answer the wrong questions at all and got the same ones right.

rojocorsa
04-13-12, 23:33
I actually know that, but it is still a difficult override for me. Decades of "finding the mathematical answer" means that is my primary, default response to a page full of numbers. It's very hard to turn that off, or at least it is for me, and simply go looking for pretty shapes and colors, even if I understand that is where the answer is going to be this time.

Without your answer, it would have taken me a lot longer to catch on.

I had to ask someone WTF was going on with that pic I posted. I didn't get it. My mental computer could not get out of the math lane, the one it has been running in all its life.

Reagans Rascals
04-14-12, 00:36
I had to ask someone WTF was going on with that pic I posted. I didn't get it. My mental computer could not get out of the math lane, the one it has been running in all its life.

I venture to guess that both you and Styer are right handed? usually righties are more analytically minded while lefties are more artsy and creative thinking "out of the box"

SteyrAUG
04-14-12, 02:23
I venture to guess that both you and Styer are right handed? usually righties are more analytically minded while lefties are more artsy and creative thinking "out of the box"

While there is support for brain lateralization, I think dominant left or right hands are about as related to such brain function as the astrological sign one was born under.

http://www.indiana.edu/~primate/brain.html

SW-Shooter
04-14-12, 02:33

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j341/shevon_vspec/forum%20stuff/misc/IQtest.jpg

GRAND PRIZE WINNER

SteyrAUG
04-14-12, 02:44
GRAND PRIZE WINNER

Gotta agree. None of us were smart enough to do that.

rojocorsa
04-14-12, 03:39

No. I'm a southpaw, actually. And I don't mean to sound like I'm some super math whiz; I wish. It's just that math is patterns, one sees numbers and they immediately try to find a pattern, you know? It's like SteyrAUG said.

Ironically, I'm not really the cute/creative/artsy type, I guess I am analytical to some degree, after all. If it matters, I feel like I can relate to Steyr's sig line as well.

SMETNA
05-12-12, 20:10
Tagged, I'll do it at work

GeorgiaBoy
05-12-12, 21:31

The ACT. Most AP Exams.

SMETNA
05-12-12, 22:53
Verdict is: 130

a0cake
05-12-12, 23:28
Shit, I forgot about this. I'll get around to figuring out the winners sometime next week and get the prizes sent if anyone wants them.

Evil Colt 6920
05-13-12, 07:31
Shit, I forgot about this. I'll get around to figuring out the winners sometime next week and get the prizes sent if anyone wants them.

I want that AFG if no one else claims it!:D