PDA

View Full Version : Pivot Pin Hole Reamed Bright?

TheSoundBarrier
04-11-12, 03:53
I have a new lower in hand. I won't mention the manufacturer right off the bat...

The pivot pin hole appears as though it has been reamed post-anodizing; in the bright. In other words, there is bare metal present on my lower. It may just be a poor finish/QC in the hole, but my thinking falls more along the lines of my inital impression.

I'm not sure if this bothers me or if this is even a bad thing. Obviously it bothers me enough to post about it. I'm brand new to the AR platform. I'm a huge fan of the "other" rifle - the Russian flavor.

Should I be bothered by the aforementioned details? Will this pose a problem with weather resistance or durability? If so, how should I remedy the issue (Sharpie? - just kidding).

Anyway, I'd like to hear from people who are in the same boat or that have experience with this. Take it easy. Here's to some good discussion with you gents...

Iraqgunz
04-11-12, 04:40
Put the upper on it and see if you have any issues such as the pin walking out or excessive upper and lower play. If not, then don't be concerned.

I have a new lower in hand. I won't mention the manufacturer right off the bat...

The pivot pin hole appears as though it has been reamed post-anodizing; in the bright. In other words, there is bare metal present on my lower. It may just be a poor finish/QC in the hole, by my thinking falls more along the lines of my inital impression.

I'm not sure if this bothers me or if this is even a bad thing. Obviously it bothers me enough to post about it. I'm brand new to the AR platform. I'm a huge fan of the "other" rifle - the Russian flavor.

Should I be bothered by the aforementioned details? Will this pose a problem with weather resistance or durability? If so, how should I remedy the issue (Sharpie? - just kidding).

Anyway, I'd like to hear from people who are in the same boat or that have experience with this. Take it easy. Here's to some good discussion with you gents...

akturbo
04-11-12, 12:18
One of my LMT lowers is just like that.

It has never caused a problem

Bob

Grimus
04-11-12, 13:25
Same thing. LMT. No problems. It was apparently reamed because it was too tight. It is still extremely tight.

TheSoundBarrier
04-11-12, 22:14
...and wouldn't you know it that the lower in question in the original post is a LMT. Thanks for the responses - I guess this is normal.