PDA

View Full Version : No handguns available ?

theblackknight
04-11-12, 17:45
So I called every dealer in my county today trying to get a M&P9L on order so it would be waiting when I get back to the states. Every single shop said not only did they not have one, but they couldnt order one from distributors because they didnt have one and can't get them,same with the Pro. My regular shop/indoor range even went so far as to say he couldnt get any major handgun in 9mm at all right now. WTF is going on?

yellow50
04-11-12, 17:58
You can thank the upcoming election for the shortage

duece71
04-11-12, 18:05
The panic has been going on for a little while now. Wait to see how high ammo is going to go, it will make a gallon of gas seem cheap.

djegators
04-11-12, 18:11
It certainly seems like demand is very right now, but a lot of things can be found if you look hard enough. Interesting part to me is, that there are already some shortages, and this after almost four years of increased production in reaction to the last buying frenzy.

espnazi
04-11-12, 18:12
Elections, people on my local firearms classifieds(website), have started asking $6-700 for glocks. I stocked up on mags and ammo a couple of months ago, so if you can, just ride it out until prices come back to something reasonable.

feedramp
04-11-12, 18:18
It's crazy right now. It'll settle down a bit if the usual suspects in government stop pushing for gun control and if it doesn't look like the president will be re-elected. It'll spike back up again in the Fall if Obama doesn't get re-elected with fear of urban riots and doomsdayers expecting Dec 2012 to be chaos.

It's just not a good year (for buyers) for a number of reasons.

yellow50
04-11-12, 18:29
However. If anyone has sub-par guns that they want to unload you could easily get what was paid and then some. ( If things go the same way they did after Obama was elected in 08).

feedramp
04-11-12, 18:31
Good point. It'll be increasingly a seller's market throughout the rest of the year, imho. When new production can't keep up, shop inventories are low, and prices for new ones keep creeping higher, selling used ones for a profit is quite probable.

Guinnessman
04-11-12, 18:33
I saw a M&P Pro with the long barrel at my local shop yesterday. If you would like their number let me know. I am located in Pittsburgh and I see you are in Wilmington, NC.

Magsz
04-11-12, 18:44
S&W is no longer producing the 9L which is probably why you've had no luck.

On top of that, Smith cannot produce the 9 or .40 pros fast enough so when they DO come in, they go pretty quickly.

jwfuhrman
04-11-12, 18:51
Im hoping I can get some $$$ to get my M&P45 Mid Size in the next month or so before they go from $500ish to $700.......

cheapsandwich
04-11-12, 19:17
I wonder if the major companies have started to cut their production.

feedramp
04-11-12, 19:31
One of them, Ruge or S&W I forget, put on a 3rd shift and still can't keep up with demand. So pretty much the opposite.

rushca01
04-11-12, 19:36
I wonder if the major companies have started to cut their production.

What? That makes no sense.... I can invision just how it went in the last board meeting "we are selling more guns than ever...I have an idea let's cut production"....

gun71530
04-11-12, 19:37
M&P's where in short supply before the election craze.

C4IGrant
04-11-12, 20:32
S&W is no longer producing the 9L which is probably why you've had no luck.

On top of that, Smith cannot produce the 9 or .40 pros fast enough so when they DO come in, they go pretty quickly.

Correct. The 9L is gone.

C4

jmoney
04-11-12, 20:37
have you tried gunbroker? or one of the other sites

Cazwell
04-11-12, 22:21
I've run into the same thing here... not just with M&P's.. both shops I usually go to are out of pistols for several manufacturers. Prices climbing on used guns on the local boards too. With older Glocks it's a double whammy.... although there is a G19 RTF2 with 2 mags on a local board for $525 that I may jump on.

theblackknight
04-12-12, 12:45
I saw a M&P Pro with the long barrel at my local shop yesterday. If you would like their number let me know. I am located in Pittsburgh and I see you are in Wilmington, NC.

Interested, PM sending.

Damn. Oddly enough,I got my last M&P about 4 years ago around the same time of year with no prob. It's looks as tho the panic crowd is planning ahead this year. I was just waiting on a surplus of funds.

brickboy240
04-12-12, 13:26
The gun availability issue will probably get worse as we get closer to our second term of "hope and change" so I'd plan accordingly and buy soon.

(you don't REALLY think that Mittens will win...do you?)

- brickboy240

Swstock
04-12-12, 13:33
I just went through this trying to get a HK45. Over 35 places were sold out.

3 AE
04-12-12, 13:48
I just went through this trying to get a HK45. Over 35 places were sold out.

Have you tried here? http://site.cdnninvestments.com/CDNN2012-2/index.html Page 22. What particular HK model?

theblackknight
04-12-12, 15:54
Thanks to Guinnessman for hookin a brotha up! Pistol will be headed down east way soon after tomarrow. Tim from John Browns Armory is a swell dude too.

Guinnessman
04-13-12, 20:21
I am glad it all worked out! I hope you enjoy your new pistol. Let us know how you like it.