PDA

View Full Version : Paragon 6 Consulting VSM 1-Day Basic Pistol Course-26 May 2012-Myakka City, FL

stony275
04-12-12, 09:26
Paragon 6 Consulting Vickers Shooting Method (VSM) 1-Day Basic Pistol Course - 26 May 2012 – Rocky Creek Ranch, Myakka City, FL

http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l509/stony275/Paragon6_Logocolor_Small.jpg
Anthony “Stony” Smith is a graduate of the United States Military Academy at West Point. During his military career, he was an Airborne Ranger in the U.S. Army and served in 2nd Ranger Battalion.

He worked for nearly seven years on personal security details (PSD) in Iraq, to include being on the detail assigned to protect the United States ambassador to Iraq. In addition to those duties, he provided training to his PSD teammates in weapon skills and PSD tactics, techniques, and procedures.

Through his efforts to continuously maintain and improve his skills, he has received well over one thousand hours of formal firearms and tactics instruction. He has trained under some of the world’s best combat firearms instructors, and was selected to be one of the Regional Endorsed Instructors (REI) in the Vickers Shooting Method (VSM) as taught by Larry Vickers.

Stony’s real-world experience in a high-threat environment, coupled with his military background and extensive training, gives him a unique blend of skill sets. He founded Paragon 6 Consulting to be a leader and role-model in security consulting and tactical firearms instruction.

Paragon 6 Consulting VSM 1-Day Basic Pistol Course – 26 May 2012 - Myakka City, FL
http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l509/stony275/vickers-vsm-logo-small.jpg
This class is an entry level course for handgun shooters and is designed specifically for those who have not had any formal instruction or who desire a refresher class. Topics covered include the following: real world safety, load and unload magazines – the gun itself – disassemble and assemble – lube and clean – sight alignment and trigger control – presentations from the ready and the draw – and reloads. Also an introduction to different skill drills including dry fire and bulls eye shooting.

***There are no pre-requisites for this course***

Instructor: Anthony “Stony” Smith, VSM Instructor

Class dates: May 26 2012

Cost: $175 ($325 with Sunday’s VSM Basic Carbine Course) exclusive of range fee, lodging, food, etc.

Location: Rocky Creek Ranch, Myakka City, FL http://www.floridashootingresort.com/#!paragon

Class size: Limited

Weapon & Gear Class Requirements:

- Eye and Ear Protection (electronic hearing protection is preferred)
- Serviceable handgun of at least 9mm Para caliber (no revolvers)
- Serviceable holster (No SERPA holsters allowed!)
- Minimum one double magazine pouch / Ability to carry minimum of two magazines
- Minimum of three serviceable magazines (5 is better)
- 300 rounds of ammunition
- Suitable range wear depending on the season
- Good attitude

Optional, but strongly suggested

-Notebook and pen or pencil

If you are interested in attending this class please contact via e-mail at info@rockycreekranch.org

Shawn.L
04-25-12, 18:56
Shame your not up here anymore Stony. I really enjoyed training with you.

stony275
05-17-12, 18:34
Shame your not up here anymore Stony. I really enjoyed training with you.

Thanks Shawn. I enjoyed it as well and hope to somehow make it back to PA for a class or two.

This class still has a few slots open.