PDA

View Full Version : IWB snub revolver holster cant suggestions?

spotch
04-12-12, 17:21
I recently bought an lcr and I'd like a simple+comfortable iwb holster for summer/etc carry. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get this holster:
http://sideguardholsters.com/holsters/QuickSnap.htm

And I'm guessing I'll carry it anywhere from 2-4 o'clock depending on where it rests most comfortably sitting and standing. That's kinda the problem though... It seems like 3oclock with no can't would be great for just walking around, but I go from sitting to standing and back all day, and I'd like for it to sit comfortably while driving too (ie not have the butt of the gun jammed into the seatback, causing it to torque forward in a wierd way or something like that. If it makes much of a difference I'm not morbidly obese but I'm not thin either lol... Usually wear size 38 pants.

Anyway, what positions and cant angles have you found best for all-around comfort with your snub-sized revolvers?

skyugo
04-13-12, 02:44
http://sideguardholsters.com/holsters/TuckClip.htm

I have one of these on the way in zero degree. my main use for cant in a carry holster is to help conceal the grip and allow me to get my hand on a particularly low riding gun. I carry at about 2:30.

the shape of the j-frame grip in my opininon lends itself well to no cant, unless you're well past 3 o clock carry.

I tend to like clips on smaller guns as they are a little less bulky. just my opinion.

wlptpd3
04-13-12, 10:33
You might also want to look at the Alessi Talon, I have used one for years and it is money well spent.

Dos Cylindros
04-13-12, 10:50
I have an Aker spring special (I think). I have used it to carry my J frame for almost 13 years off and on. It holds up great, has a reinforced mouth and won't collapse. Clips on and off the belt very easy and has been a great holster.

spotch
04-13-12, 13:20
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I kinda like the way the sideboard has the clip/loop offset to the trigger guard area instead of adding more thickness to the cylinder area though...

Looks like the two mentioned above both come with no cant?

Sry0fcr
04-13-12, 15:25
For summer carry how much is sweat a concern? Or are you still shying away from kydex rigs Herr Saspotch?

spotch
04-13-12, 15:37
For summer carry how much is sweat a concern? Or are you still shying away from kydex rigs Herr Saspotch?

LOL! yeah, still shying from the kydex. Something about leather... lol kinky.

I'm hopefully going to be in climate controlled places most of the time, so hopefully sweat won't be TOO big a deal.

skyugo
04-13-12, 18:47
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I kinda like the way the sideboard has the clip/loop offset to the trigger guard area instead of adding more thickness to the cylinder area though...

Looks like the two mentioned above both come with no cant?

side guard will do any cant you want... I'll be posting a full review of mine as soon as i get it (should be here early may)

spotch
04-15-12, 16:39
side guard will do any cant you want... I'll be posting a full review of mine as soon as i get it (should be here early may)

Yeah that's kinda the problem, too many options (can't-wise) lol.

Sam
04-28-12, 12:50
A friend of mine gave me his Kramer IWB for a model 60, it rights vertically. I like it.

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/w-b.jpg

DocH
05-10-12, 20:27
Everybody's body shape if different,but I like a 0 cant for AIWB,and for either IWB or OWB strong side I like about a 15 degree cant. Comfortable while seated for me,and gives me proper hand placement with the draw. I'm on the slim side,but not skinny.

spotch
05-19-12, 08:52
Everybody's body shape if different,but I like a 0 cant for AIWB,and for either IWB or OWB strong side I like about a 15 degree cant. Comfortable while seated for me,and gives me proper hand placement with the draw. I'm on the slim side,but not skinny.

Yeah the more I tried it in various positions I'm thinking I may end up going with a 15 degree cant. seems like the only one that works well while sitting.

Thanks for the replies!

Up1911fan
06-17-12, 14:40
I like 0 degress carried AIWB with my LCR ( although it's usually in my pocket with a Glock on my hip). I've used the Comp Tac 2 0'clock (hated it), I just got a Custom Carry Concepts Quick Cover that i'm waitng on a AIWB attachment for. I think this one is gonna work out well. I've also got a Desbiens #6 on order, 18ish week's to go though.

Up1911fan
06-23-12, 13:21
Here's a shot of my Custom Carry Concepts Quick Cover. Currently set up tuckable and canted. I'm waiting on a tuckable AIWB belt attachment.
http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k558/up1911fan/Ruger%20LCR/kodak.jpg

kmrtnsn
06-23-12, 13:32
Here's a shot of my Custom Carry Concepts Quick Cover. Currently set up tuckable and canted. I'm waiting on a tuckable AIWB belt attachment.
http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k558/up1911fan/Ruger%20LCR/kodak.jpg

How secure is that belt clip? Does the holster tend to "rock" back and forth on the belt? I've been looking for an IWB for my 340PD and haven't settled on anything yet.

Up1911fan
06-23-12, 13:53
Very secure, it's not a clip but a fixed loop attached to the arm that is secured my the two bottom visable screws. I've found very little movement with it, rich does a great job and really understands how the holster is supposed to work.