PDA

View Full Version : Good Armorer in St. Augustine

04-12-12, 19:09
My brother is prof. FF in St. Augustine. Convinced him to go w/G17. Wants to have have some work done such as extended mag. release and slide stop. No, he doesn't have time or inclination to do by self. Yes, I have told him how easy it is, but he truly is busy as ****. Would be good for him to find someone to trust.

Any recommendations appreciated.

Odglock
04-12-12, 20:39
From google ( I know nothing about them)...http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/GunSmiths/GunSmithDetails.aspx?sid=111998. Or he can send it to me no charge if he pays shipping both ways. I'm a glock armorer in birmingham, AL.

gunnut284
04-13-12, 03:15
I've been to Shooting Sports Pro Shop on SR16 before and they seemed competent. Gun Gallery in Jacksonville is a good place if he's willing to drive a little bit (maybe 30-45 min).

rob_s
04-13-12, 06:22
I've been to Shooting Sports Pro Shop on SR16 before and they seemed competent. Gun Gallery in Jacksonville is a good place if he's willing to drive a little bit (maybe 30-45 min).

Gun Gallery is worth the trip IMO. Ask for Neil.

sjc3081
04-13-12, 08:09
Keep the ****ing gun stock.

rob_s
04-13-12, 08:12

answer the ****ing question or skip the thread.

C4IGrant
04-13-12, 08:53

Why? Some things are known issues with the Glock that small little changes make a world of difference.

C4

SWATcop556
04-13-12, 09:03
My brother is prof. FF in St. Augustine. Convinced him to go w/G17. Wants to have have some work done such as extended mag. release and slide stop. No, he doesn't have time or inclination to do by self. Yes, I have told him how easy it is, but he truly is busy as ****. Would be good for him to find someone to trust.

Any recommendations appreciated.

I'll gladly do it free of charge if he wants to cover the shipping. I'm a certified Glock armorer (whatever that's worth). :sarcastic:

You've been warned so take the useless bullshit elsewhere.

sjc3081
04-13-12, 13:20
It was not my intention to be a jerk but it seems I was successful in that endeavor unintentionally.
My thoughts are, the G 17 is a great platform and some think it is the greatest fighting handgun of all time.
Maybe your brother should shoot the handgun and familiarize himself with it before making mods that might be unnecessary.

SWATcop556
04-13-12, 14:00
It was not my intention to be a jerk but it seems I was successful in that endeavor unintentionally.
My thoughts are, the G 17 is a great platform and some think it is the greatest fighting handgun of all time.
Maybe your brother should shoot the handgun and familiarize himself with it before making mods that might be unnecessary.

Much better way of stating your opinion, thank you. While I agree with you that 99% of the modifications people make to handguns, hell weapons in general, are completely useless at best, there are those modifications that truely do enhance the performance of the weapon.

All of my Glocks are bone stock except certain mods that I feel are mandatory to make it functional for me and I add these mods before a round even goes downrange. Those are in this order:

1. New sights (I prefer the Warren plain rear/tritium front though 10-8's are a close second. I just prefer the non-serrated rear sight)

2. Vickers Mag Catch on Gen3 guns

3. Vickers Slide Stop

4. Choose your poison on a grip plug (I prefer one that sits flush with the bottom of the frame)

5. On a full-sized duty pistol that does not need to be concealed I prefer some type of mag extension. The OEM Glock +2's have worked without issue for me with the 11 coil springs. I also like *gasp* the magpul ranger plates for the Glock mags. I'm wanting to try out the new Vickers Mag Base Plates for my more lo-pro carry options

These are all modifications that improve preformance with the platform.

Some mods are tried and true with many reputable users running them. The proven ones increase function. It's true that nothing will make you a better shooter other than quality trigger time but some modifications just flat out make sense.

SteveL
04-13-12, 14:05
Gun Gallery is worth the trip IMO. Ask for Neil.

^This.^

ETA: If you're driving from St. Augustine I suggest calling first to make sure Neil is there.

http://www.gungalleryjax.com/

04-13-12, 19:04

Come on, my brother, do you think a senior member here(that has made it through C4's, SWAT's, IG's, and Rob's scrutiny) would not have had his brother put hundreds of rounds through a G17? IIRC, it was through my G17 when visiting.;)

Got him to make the switch from HK; just as I did.:D

The multiple answers to my ? simply affirm why this site kicks ass.

BringMeTheHorizon
04-13-12, 19:12
Skip Shooters of Jax. Gun Gallery is the way to go.

sjc3081
04-13-12, 20:11
To the OP
Sorry again you are right.
I shoot a Gen 2 17 with the enhancements of Novak NS, 3.5 connector and olive trigger spring. I also have a butt plug that maybe I should use in my mouth instead of my pistol.

Grease Monkey
04-13-12, 22:06
Well since I moved away from St Auggie I'm gonna have to agree with Gun Gallery. Neil doesn't doesn't have to do it. Most of his guys know what they're doing. A handfull were in the Magpul AOTDC vids. It's pretty simple stuff anyway. Stay away from Shooting Sports Pro Shop off 16, they're ****tards and a ripoff. Shooters is about the same as Shooting Sports just alot bigger, bigger as in storewise. About the same ****tard wise :D

SWATcop556
04-13-12, 23:06
To the OP
Sorry again you are right.
I shoot a Gen 2 17 with the enhancements of Novak NS, 3.5 connector and olive trigger spring. I also have a butt plug that maybe I should use in my mouth instead of my pistol.

No need to my man. Anyone who says they have not stepped on there dick or been misunderstood on the in-tardweb is lying. You're GTG as your follow ups were well spoken. It happens.

SWATcop556
04-13-12, 23:08
Come on, my brother, do you think a senior member here(that has made it through C4's, SWAT's, IG's, and Rob's scrutiny) would not have had his brother put hundreds of rounds through a G17? IIRC, it was through my G17 when visiting.;)

Got him to make the switch from HK; just as I did.:D

The multiple answers to my ? simply affirm why this site kicks ass.

Good to hear you're spreading the love out there. Hit me up sometime to catch up. I say that as I sit here on my porch with an ice cold Shiner Bock and a smoldering Cohiba cigar. You MUSt visit the lone star state ASAP my friend.

04-14-12, 19:03
Good to hear you're spreading the love out there. Hit me up sometime to catch up. I say that as I sit here on my porch with an ice cold Shiner Bock and a smoldering Cohiba cigar. You MUSt visit the lone star state ASAP my friend.

My brother: I will be moving MUCH closer to you in the near future. Not in TX, but close enough to meet up and bust your extremely small balls.:p

S. Kelly
04-15-12, 00:21
Professional FF (Firefighters) are NEVER "busy as ****" since the 1970s.

SWATcop556
04-15-12, 19:57
My brother: I will be moving MUCH closer to you in the near future. Not in TX, but close enough to meet up and bust your extremely small balls.:p

Sounds good my friend. First round is on me. PM me the details.