PDA

View Full Version : Tactical Gear for Women

snackgunner
04-12-12, 21:25
Was hoping we could make a thread designated to tactical gear for women only.

This can be a combination of a picture thread, whether using the gear in action on the range or at home, and thread of listing said product with a link and/or a review of how you (ladies) or your gal likes the item, and how it fits her, while including your womans height, weight, body structure ect.

Whether its a pair of pants, boots, or a holster made specifically for women, or a chest rig or pair of glasses that your girl feels really fits well and that she just loves, post it up.

If we get enough participation in the thread, maybe I or someone else can organize the thread and put different products under each item with links and brief description.

After reading the thread here titled "'Tactical' Pants for tall women" I read of a couple of different companies who make pants for women.

Here are some of them -

pants:

Vertx (Inseam goes up to 36")
Tru-Spec 24/7 series (Available in ripstop and cotton canvas)
Carhartt (women's double front dungarees)
Triple aught designs (women's model coming out soon)

boots:

Salomon Quest 4d hiking gtx boots http://www.rei.com/product/806620/salomon-quest-4d-gtx-hiking-boots-womens

feedramp
04-12-12, 22:02
Great thread idea. Thanks for kicking it off with some suggestions!

ALAG5497
04-13-12, 00:11
Agreed - Great idea and I look forward to seeing the thread's progress.

Regarding Vertx pants for any prospective buyers with shorter inseams... These pants can't be hemmed more than an inch or so because of the articulated knees. I was heartbroken because the rest of the fit (hips and waist) was the most flattering of any pair of pants I have tried on.

Woolrich Women's Elite tactical pants - I had the misfortune of ordering a pair through Promotive (no returns/exchanges/refunds). The worst pants I've ever seen. It was almost as though Woolrich said, "Let's take our unflattering Men's tactical pants, decide on a list of the unflattering and uncomfortable features not already present, and put them all into a single pair so we can call them women's pants!"