PDA

View Full Version : DD Lite and low profile gas blocks

wild_wild_wes
01-04-08, 16:51
I ordered a DD Lite 12.0 handguard and a Vltor lo pro gas block, for use with a midlength barrel, so the block will be enclosed by the handguard. I recall hearing that there is an issue with such a set-up; I think it had to do with acccess to securing the set screws. I also intend to have the block pinned. Is this a problem?

Robb Jensen
01-04-08, 17:07
It'll work it's just trickier to assemble.

You'll have to have the gas block and barrel drilled for the taper pin before assembling.

Then when assembling you'll have to install the Lite Rail flange, install the bbl, torque the barrel nut.

Then install the gas tube in the gas block (install the gas tube roll pin). Then slide the rail partially onto the barrel.
Then slide the gas block onto the barrel (gas tube is attached to the gas block), slide the gas tube through the hole in the receiver.

Maneuver the rail so that you can access the taper pin hole in the gas block, align it with the barrel taper pin hole, then knock in the taper pin coming through the side of the rail (through the venting holes on the rail).

Then slide the rail all the way back against the upper receiver, install the rail alignment tool, then install the 6 Lite Rail screws and tighten them down.

UPSguy
01-05-08, 14:41
I ordered a DD Lite 12.0 handguard and a Vltor lo pro gas block, for use with a midlength barrel, so the block will be enclosed by the handguard. I recall hearing that there is an issue with such a set-up; I think it had to do with acccess to securing the set screws. I also intend to have the block pinned. Is this a problem?

Adco Firearms modified mine to resolve this little issue.

wild_wild_wes
01-06-08, 16:00
Thanks for the info! I heard about the decree in the military that all set screw gas blocks be recalled and pinned, so I will do so too.

Stickman
01-07-08, 01:53
Thanks for the info! I heard about the decree in the military that all set screw gas blocks be recalled and pinned, so I will do so too.

Link?

Robb Jensen
01-07-08, 05:14

Link?

Stick,
I think he's referring to the Mk12s that were recalled to Crane to have the set screwed KAC gas block pinned, since some had shot loose out in the field.

CONKLE73
01-08-08, 11:56
+1 for ADCO!

Stickman
01-09-08, 23:46
Stick,
I think he's referring to the Mk12s that were recalled to Crane to have the set screwed KAC gas block pinned, since some had shot loose out in the field.

Thanks, I thought he was referring to another project, which really had me confused....

wild_wild_wes
01-10-08, 21:46
Um, I heard this fact on the internets. Can't remember when...