PDA

View Full Version : Who makes these magazine extensions??

zibby43
04-13-12, 00:36
I obtained some factory Glock 9mm mags from a buddy of mine and they came with magazine extensions installed.

It looks like with the 31+ rounder on the right, the extension (stamped with Glock and the "+" symbol) is a factory Glock extension.

What about the two "+2"-stamped extensions on the left on the 15-rounders? Are these factory Glock or something else, and if something else, what?

Edit: The "+2" extensions have some wiggle/play. If these aren't factory or quality parts - I'll replace them ASAP. They honestly do not seem to be half the quality of "Glock +" stamped extension on the right.

Also, I'm not sure how to remove them. Pry them off?

Thanks in advance.

PIC:

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g385/zibby43/IMG_0956.jpg

glocktogo
04-13-12, 00:40
The one on the right is factory and they work, The ones on the left are not factory and look suspect. Ditch them ASAP.

zibby43
04-13-12, 00:43
The one on the right is factory and they work, The ones on the left are not factory and look suspect. Ditch them ASAP.

Thank you. Trust me, not only do they look suspect, they slide back and forth if I breathe on them.

What's the best way of getting these things off? I'm aware of the procedure with the OEM base plates but not sure about these Taiwan knock-offs.

I don't care for extensions at all, honestly. I have some Vickers Glock base plates in the mail.

EDIT: I pried them off with a flat-head screwdriver. Honestly, these are the shittiest pieces of equipment I have ever laid hands on.

jbuerke142
04-13-12, 04:53
You take them off by pushing in the button in the middle and sliding them forward. The spring and floor plate will slide out of the bottom due to some tention on them. go slow so you dont lose the parts.

zibby43
04-13-12, 20:36
You take them off by pushing in the button in the middle and sliding them forward. The spring and floor plate will slide out of the bottom due to some tention on them. go slow so you dont lose the parts.

Thanks. I know the pic I provided wasn't the best but with the Korea Super Special mag extensions on the left (stamped "+2") there is no hole in the bottom because there is no retaining plate whatsoever underneath the extension. I had to stick a small flat head screw driver under the base plate and pry the extensions off.

The prying did not even scratch the Glock polymer mags, but cut through the cheap plastic extension like a hot Spyderco through butter.

F-Trooper05
04-13-12, 21:14
Those are the cheap pieces of shit you get on Amazon. I made the mistake of picking up a few thinking they were OEM. Just take a little screw driver and pry them off.

zibby43
04-13-12, 22:07
Those are the cheap pieces of shit you get on Amazon. I made the mistake of picking up a few thinking they were OEM. Just take a little screw driver and pry them off.

Haha you are correct.

That's what I ended up doing.

So here's the ultimate conclusion to this magazine mini-saga.

I obtained 4 new Glock factory 9mm magazines from my good friend during a trade. One was a 31-rounder with a Glock OEM +2 extension. That magazine is GTG. No issues.

I also obtained 3 15-rounders with Korean/Chinese magazine extensions (which I pried off with a flat head). 2 mags had excellent spring tension. 1 mag had SUSPECT spring tension.

When I took the three 15-rounders apart, this is what I found.

One of these is not like the other . . .

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g385/zibby43/IMG_0968.jpg

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g385/zibby43/IMG_0969.jpg

Both of these (above) magazine springs were obtained in the trade.

Note that the crappy looking spring has a tobacco-stained look to it compared to the other one that had good tension with a Glock OEM base plate installed.

Moral of the story: Whenever you buy new Glock mags with shitty knock-off mag extensions on them, take them apart to make sure that everything is good to go before you learn the hard way.