PDA

View Full Version : Takedown pin hole size

ASH556
04-13-12, 09:25
I went to put an upper together last night with my new DPMS claw receiver block. The rear pin went in fine, but the front pin wouldn't go in at all. It went through the block fine, but upon checking, the pin wouldn't fit through the upper receiver front takedown pin hole. I swapped pins and same issue. It went through the back hole fine. The upper receiver fits and works on the Lower. What gives?

GTifosi
04-13-12, 11:27
Don't quote me, but IIRC the hole size is .248" +.002 -.000

Sticks
04-14-12, 05:35
Pull the pin and eyeball the alignment.

My money is on the block does not have the holes drilled to spec on center. - EXAMPLE...Holes should be 5" on center, your block is at 4.95"

ASH556
04-14-12, 07:11
To clarify, I took the receiver out of the block and tried to put the pin through just the receiver hole. It fits the back but not the front.

Iraqgunz
04-14-12, 20:07
It sounds like the receiver block is slightly out of whack. It's happened to me before as well.

SA80Dan
04-14-12, 20:41
Sounds like the one receiver block pin is a hair oversized....if you have one, try it on another receiver to be sure its not the receiver with a slightly underside hole.

If the pin is faulty, have DPMS send you a new one.

nanners83
04-14-12, 22:34
I went to put an upper together last night with my new DPMS claw receiver block. The rear pin went in fine, but the front pin wouldn't go in at all. It went through the block fine, but upon checking, the pin wouldn't fit through the upper receiver front takedown pin hole. I swapped pins and same issue. It went through the back hole fine. The upper receiver fits and works on the Lower. What gives?

It sounds like you already tried both pins in both holes so it's probably just tolerance stacking.
If it's the same with other uppers you might just need to have the block exchanged by the vendor.
How does it fit with the takedown pins on a lower as far as tightness?