PDA

View Full Version : Surefire X300 Question

товарищ
04-13-12, 23:18
When I rack or send the slide home on an M&P9, the X300 momentarily blinks on because of how sensitive the switch is. Is there any way to prevent this?

beavo451
04-14-12, 00:06
Call Surefire. I've had a X200, 2 X300s, and a DG switch. They have all been fairly stiff and didnt do what you are describing.

Pax
04-14-12, 02:00
Seconded. Send in for warranty service.

04-14-12, 20:18
Thirded.

That's not normal. Every X200 and X300 I've used has required a very deliberate press for activation, in both momentary and constant on.

I've seen handheld SFs do something similar when mounted to long guns (and only E-series lights with no spring at the + contact, allowing the batteries and spring to bounce during manipulations). But even then, it's flickering/ mode switching when the light is already 'on'. I don't think I've ever seen a SF that activates momentarily when the light is 'off'.

SF should take care of you.

товарищ
04-14-12, 20:27
Thanks, everyone. I'll go ahead and give SF a call on Monday. I knew I should've waited out for an X300 Ultra :o

og556
04-14-12, 21:04
SF has the best CS I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. I'm sure they will get you squared away.

LowandLeft
04-15-12, 16:43
I've experienced the opposite! The switch seems unusually stiff. It almost seems like there isn't a momentary on, just a constant. I'm thinking it will break in with use?

EzGoingKev
04-15-12, 20:11
I've experienced the opposite! The switch seems unusually stiff. It almost seems like there isn't a momentary on, just a constant. I'm thinking it will break in with use?
They are stiff. They do work in some though.

Glin1216
04-16-12, 18:54
The X300 is unlike most weapon-mounted lights in that the momentary-activation is accomplished by pushing forward on the polymer activation switch (instead of rocking it up or down).

LowandLeft
04-16-12, 19:54
The X300 is unlike most weapon-mounted lights in that the momentary-activation is accomplished by pushing forward on the polymer activation switch (instead of rocking it up or down).

Brilliant! Thanks! I just got one last week and I expected it to function like my previous Streamlights. I liked it before, but now it's just gravy.

товарищ
04-16-12, 22:56
Called today and CSR arranged for a new tailcap to be sent to me.

товарищ
04-23-12, 19:08
Here's an update for anyone who might be following this thread and having the same issue:

The new tailcap had a heavier switch which fixed the problem. SF got the part to me with no questions asked. Apparently some X300s have shipped with lighter/faulty switches.