PDA

View Full Version : Friday the 13th.

sboza
04-14-12, 00:46
After a long and stressful week, a lot was riding on today for me and my girlfriend. What is the first thing that happens as we pull out of the driveway and onto our street? A freaking black cat crosses the road in front of us! We have a few cats in the neighborhood but I have never seen a black cat here.

We kinda laugh it off and I drop her off for a very important meeting (important to her future career) and I head back to town for a required medical examination for my future career.

Now I'm not superstitious and don't have any anxiety issues and such but I've got to admit that with everything that was riding on the exam, the black cat made me break a sweat. Blood pressure came back almost in the pre-hypertensive range and the nurse asked me if I take measurements at home. I said I do and they are usually quite a bit lower (they are). She said that it was probably just the lab coat effect. I didn't want to explain to her that it was probably the black cat effect :)

Anyway, so it was off to the vision test. Bungling this would also be a disqualifier and I thought I bombed. While I was waiting for the doctor, I googled eye exam images and started thinking that I may have scored an uncorrected 20/200, etc... Obvious disqualifiers.

Well turns out that my vision was fine and well within the normal range (thanks google :nono:)and that I am in excellent shape. The doctor signed off on everything and I was off to pick up my girlfriend who, it turns out, aced her meeting.

She told me that she was nervous also and we talked about how odd it is for two people without anxiety issues who are not superstitious to get so worked up over something like this.

All because of a little black cat. :shout:

Belmont31R
04-15-12, 01:07
We have a neighbors black cat who hangs around here. When I go grocery shopping I pick up cans of chunk tuna for her. She loves it and is a really sweat cat. Does the meading thing on my belly when shes hungry. House hasn't burned down and kids are not possessed. Sometimes those black pussies need loving, too. :p