PDA

View Full Version : Correct way to leave feedback

Kisara
08-25-06, 21:22
The feedback forum is relatively new, with just a handful of threads now.

If we want to leave feedback for a user who already has a thread started by someone else- Should we just reply a +1 on that existing thread, or start a whole new one? Replying sounds easier, although it will eventually be a pain to search for the member you're looking for unless some sort of alphabetized list is made.

It would really be nice if there was a way to see feedback totals when you hit their profile button. I don't think any other boards have that feature (yet). :D

Boom
08-27-06, 10:54

If we want to leave feedback for a user who already has a thread started by someone else- Should we just reply a +1 on that existing thread, or start a whole new one? Replying sounds easier, although it will eventually be a pain to search for the member you're looking for unless some sort of alphabetized list is made.

It would really be nice if there was a way to see feedback totals when you hit their profile button. I don't think any other boards have that feature (yet). :D

That's a good question. I guess I need to help out in here and get this squared away.

M4arc
01-17-07, 19:24

For the time being please add a +1 and a comment (if you wish) to an existing thread. If one does not exist please start one using only the member's screen name in the Title. That way it will be easier to search Titles, available in the Search, for that individual's name.

rob_s
01-17-07, 19:35
Actually, there is an RC car forum I belong to that, I think, has feedback on the user profile. Pretty cool feature.

I have been slack on this board about giving people feedback. I guess I should get my ass in gear.

M4arc
01-17-07, 20:08
Actually, there is an RC car forum I belong to that, I think, has feedback on the user profile. Pretty cool feature.

I have been slack on this board about giving people feedback. I guess I should get my ass in gear.

I'll run it up the flag pole and see if it's possible.

That's okay, I was behind as well...until a few minutes ago :D

LOKNLOD
01-19-07, 12:50
Any plans to compile a list like over at TOS or anything of that nature? Seems to work pretty well...

M4arc
01-19-07, 13:37
Any plans to compile a list like over at TOS or anything of that nature? Seems to work pretty well...

We're kicking around several ideas but feel free to offer suggestions as well. So far, I really like the idea of a profile based feedback system, much like ebay.

LOKNLOD
01-19-07, 15:18
Feedback direct in the profile would be the best, I agree.

Right now the sales forum is slow enough that the individual threads work, and they probably will for a while.

Chris_C
01-19-07, 15:24
I wish I had some more $$ to leave feedback :o

M4arc
02-01-07, 18:54
You may have noticed that I've edited a few titles, trimming them down just the screen name in order to keep them short and easy to search/browse.

So if you see a note at the bottom of your post where it was edited by me don't freak out, I did not remove anything from the body of your post.

Thanks for your understanding :)

LOKNLOD
05-02-07, 12:43
I noted a small problem with the individual threads for members. I was trying to search for a thread for user Mig but 3-letter names are too short to use as a search term. With only 3 pages it wasn't too hard to go back and just look through, but eventually it could be a problem.

M4arc
02-25-08, 16:57
Please read.