PDA

View Full Version : Rogers Super Stock

QuackXP
04-14-12, 08:49
I just ordered a Colt 6920 and it's coming with the new Rogers Super Stock.

There seems to be a dislike for it here. Is there some legitimate concern for the quality of this stock?

Or is this just a knee jerk reaction to any change of the 6920 that is considered the "gold standard" AR?

Or its not cool because it does not look as close to the real M4 anymore?

I figure if Colt selected it, I assume it has to stand up to their level of quality.

Opinions?

kenken
04-14-12, 08:57
My 6920 that I got about 6 weeks ago has it and I like it. It is tight and it feels good to me. I am sure that it may be better out there but mine is just fine. I believe you will like it also. Keep us posted and let us know what you think of the stock and the gun.

kenken

MOA
04-14-12, 08:59
I have a Rodgers superstock on my 6720 R and while I haven't had it very long I don't see any problems with it. The lock up is solid. I like the qd swivels and have no general complaints. Let me put it thru a few matches or a class this summer and I'll get back to you.

m4brian
04-14-12, 09:04
Functions just like the CTR (which no one seems to complain about), but better - it locks up very tight!

djmorris
04-14-12, 09:05

There seems to be a dislike for it here. Is there some legitimate concern for the quality of this stock?

Or is this just a knee jerk reaction to any change of the 6920 that is considered the "gold standard" AR?

I figure if Colt selected it, I assume it has to stand up to their level of quality.

Opinions?

Well considering most of us swap out the standard M4 stock for an aftermarket, I don't think it has anything to do with it not looking like what the military uses.

It's a decent stock and overall very solid, however it's uglier than sin!! Otherwise it's pretty much a Magpul MOE/CTR. A bastardized version, IMO, but I know there's a lot of guys out there that like it better. I think it's mainly just a preference thing; nothing too bad about the actual stock itself.

maddy345
04-14-12, 09:10
Like others have said it is similar to a Magpul CTR but in my opinion it lock up solid and has better ergonomics for me.

Before i got it I originally thought I would replace it but I plan to keep it now. I really like it.

sadmin
04-14-12, 09:13
Its personal preference. If your happy with the cheek weld, sling attachment points, and the rather busy cam locking system, carry on; I'm certain it will work fine. Check out the gearscout site for some durability tests if your interested in mortaring the hell out of it a few times a day.

wingspar
04-14-12, 11:00
Got to be a personal preference thing as has already been said. Many get hung up on the gotta mod this and that and what they have read in forums about the Rogers stock. My 6920 came with one, and I see no reason to swap it out.

xrayoneone
04-14-12, 11:36
I also have one and I really like it. The positive is it locks up tight. Also if you were looking at it for a replacement for your M4 you don't have to worry about your receiver extension type. It will fit mil spec or civilian.

The negatives are the plastic seems soft and not as durable as the M4 stock. I think it looks better than an M4 stock but not as good as the CAR15 style.

I see it as an upgrade that I didn't need to pay for.

another-bill
04-14-12, 11:54
I have one on a 6920, I also have a couple SOPMODS, a few CTRs and an ACS.

I have zero standard M4 stocks.

I see no issues with the Rodgers SS at all.

Bill

JROCK
04-14-12, 17:03
I had one on my 6720r and didn't like it but it wasn't because of the quality. It just didn't fit my needs. I like a good cheek weld and needed some storage so i bought the new STR and really like it. As others have said it does lock up good and tight with no movement.

dlrob
04-14-12, 17:13
I also have a 6720 R and based on what I've read I was planning on replacing it. I ran it through a class and have changed my mind. It locks up great, I like the cheekweld, and I like the sling attacthment point at the top of the stock. I also have an ACS, CTR and used to have a SOPHMOD. It's my favorite stock for the reasons mentioned above. To be fair, it is ugly, if that matters to you.

Tacoma213
04-14-12, 17:17
I did not believe I was going to care too much for the stock, but when my 6720R arrived I could not come up with a reason to not use it. I put a B5 on it initially, but the LW characteristics put the balance "off" for my tastes. I put the Rogers SS back in and have to admit I really like it. All my other M4 carry SOPMOD's and that will not change.

Deputy25
04-14-12, 18:04
I just bought a new 6920 from G&R. I have no problems with the Rogers stock, and no plans to replace it. In fact, my 6920 is going to run as it came from the box. I'm spending my money on ammo.

Kokopelli
04-14-12, 18:31
I like it better than the stock on my 6450.. Ron

feedramp
04-14-12, 20:54
Well OP, sounds like it's just fine. If you like it, no need to switch it out.

GunNut_71
04-14-12, 21:21
glad to see the Super-Stoc getting some love. it's a good stock!

Hop
04-14-12, 22:09
I have one and like it. No complaints & it locks up tighter than my CTR & STR stocks.

Tennesseevolz
04-14-12, 22:09
I have on and like it, but recently switched to the Vltor Imod- I wanted some battery storage- I am keeping the super stok in case I decide to change back

Ouroborous
04-15-12, 02:30
I have one as well-ran it in a class and found it to be more comfortable than the standard M4 stock.

I really like how tight Super stock locks up on the RE and the cheek weld feels comparable to a CTR.

I just recently switched it out for a B5 which was the plan for this rifle all along but I'd have no qualms about using it over a milspec M4 stock on a future build.

O3SKILL
04-15-12, 17:22
Hate is most likely centered around "looks" by folks that have never actually even used one. Gucci looking stock on a bone stock rifle.

masakari
04-15-12, 18:43
I think that its a very well made stock, with some very desirable features. The only issue that I have with it is how the QD swivel stud is torwards the bottom of the stock as opposed to the top.

doro19
04-16-12, 22:52
My LE6940 came with a RSS and I like it. I don't find a need to change it.
http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gearscout/2012/02/01/buttstock-bashfest-gearscout-finds-out-just-how-far-tough-talk-goes/

wingspar
04-25-12, 01:17
Can anyone post photos of their sling attachments on their Rogers Stocks?

Kokopelli
04-25-12, 08:55
I think that its a very well made stock, with some very desirable features. The only issue that I have with it is how the QD swivel stud is torwards the bottom of the stock as opposed to the top.
What he said.. That's my only real complaint.. Ron

Kokopelli
04-25-12, 09:23
Can anyone post photos of their sling attachments on their Rogers Stocks?

This is what I'm using now. I believe I'll try the Troy clamp-on. It appears that the Rogers leaves enough space in front to accommodate the mount in the closed position.. Ron

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii309/Hohopelli/DSC08251.jpg

wingspar
04-25-12, 15:20
This is what I'm using now. I believe I'll try the Troy clamp-on. It appears that the Rogers leaves enough space in front to accommodate the mount in the closed position.. Ron

Thanks for the photo. My 6920 is new, and I really haven’t even begun to look at sling options till this thread. I’m sure there are dozens of options from dozens of manufactures, but I have no idea where to start.

wingspar
04-25-12, 15:26
A Google search for the Rogers Stock brought up a review on the stock (http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2011/08/24/rogers-super-stoc-ar-15-stock-review) that has a very nice diagram of the stock with arrows pointing to the various parts, but the best part of this review is the video (scroll down a bit for the video) that is made by Rogers himself. Video well worth watching.

Kokopelli
04-25-12, 15:51
Thanks for the photo. My 6920 is new, and I really haven’t even begun to look at sling options till this thread. I’m sure there are dozens of options from dozens of manufactures, but I have no idea where to start.

More options than you can shake a stick at. LOL.. I'm going to try this one on the carbine..

http://troyind.com/%20/slingsmounts/sling-mounts-slingsmounts/troy-professional-grade-rifle-receiver-sling-adapter

and this one on the rifle.. Ron

http://troyind.com/%20/slingsmounts/sling-mounts-slingsmounts/troy-m16a4-sling-mount

wingspar
04-25-12, 16:10
The sling adapter in your first link looks interesting, specially with the push down button Q.D. swivel. Easy to remove or switch sides.

However, I have no idea if I want to attach the sling to the stock, or to the buffer tube, or which would work better for me.

Kokopelli
04-25-12, 16:44
The sling adapter in your first link looks interesting, specially with the push down button Q.D. swivel. Easy to remove or switch sides.

However, I have no idea if I want to attach the sling to the stock, or to the buffer tube, or which would work better for me.

I like the buffer tube and the side of the FSB.. Ron

Littlelebowski
04-25-12, 17:12
I just bought a new 6920 from G&R. I have no problems with the Rogers stock, and no plans to replace it. In fact, my 6920 is going to run as it came from the box. I'm spending my money on ammo.

Our work here is done, gentleman. Run it hard, man.

Heavy Metal
04-25-12, 18:07
My observation about Bill Rogers is he is a very dailed-in, smart guy and don't make shit products with his name on them.

You have an excellent chance it is good to go. Use it and give it an honest evaluation, I suspect you will be well-served by it.

Somebody did a destructive test on a bunch of different M-4 stocks and the evaluator said it was very strong, especially for it's weight and it placed very high IIRC.

Northerner
10-06-12, 18:47
i like that the stock will fit on a mil-spec or commercial tube.

below is a nice video by the owner showing how to install and
also how tough the stock is. just click this YouTube video link (http://youtu.be/YKklTECMPx8)

http://www.holsterops.com/images/products/large/rifle-stock-a.jpghttp://www.holsterops.com/images/products/large/rifle-stock-c.jpg http://www.holsterops.com/images/products/large/rifle-stock-b.jpg

I-M4-REAL
10-07-12, 05:41
I have the earlier LE6920 that came with the plain jane stock so I bought a RSS from Grant when they were $40 and it kinda goes with the LE6920 well since it's 'Colt Defense" marked and it works as intended!

jb1911
10-07-12, 10:24
My LE9620 came with a Rogers stock. I also have a rifle that I built that has a CTR on it. I think they are both great and don't see a nickels difference between them as far as fit, finish or fuction goes. Both of them lock up tight with no movement at all.

camus
10-07-12, 21:44
I found it to be quite a bit longer than the standard m4 stock. I like it though.

Taprackngo
10-08-12, 00:50
I recently sold 4 of them, not because of the fit, but I just wanted a bit of storage. It's a good stock.

Dan46n2
10-09-12, 15:19

Opinions?

I like the way the stock looks, it's an improvement IMO.

Kokopelli
10-09-12, 15:49
I switched all mine over to the Rogers.. Unfortunately, not soon enough to take advantage of the take-offs that people were selling cheap last year. I don't see anyone selling them cheap these days.. Cheers.. Ron

Pistol Shooter
10-09-12, 16:00

Opinions?

I recently bought a 6940 that came with a Roger's stock. I replaced it immediately with a Magpul CTR stock.

IMO, Rogers just isn't the same quality - mine was loose. :(

Kokopelli
10-09-12, 16:06
I recently bought a 6940 that came with a Roger's stock. I replaced it immediately with a Magpul CTR stock.

IMO, Rogers just isn't the same quality - mine was loose. :(

WOW.. That's odd.. Normally it's the other way round. IME :blink: Ron

TriumphRat675
10-09-12, 16:47
More options than you can shake a stick at. LOL.. I'm going to try this one on the carbine..

http://troyind.com/%20/slingsmounts/sling-mounts-slingsmounts/troy-professional-grade-rifle-receiver-sling-adapter

Ron, I have one of these (somewhere) and have no use for it. If you want it, it's yours, just name your price.

Kokopelli
10-09-12, 16:57
Ron, I have one of these (somewhere) and have no use for it. If you want it, it's yours, just name your price.

Thank you TR, I appreciate the more then generous offer. But it would be disingenuous of me to take it, as I've already bought one for the carbine in question. If there's ever anything I can do for you, please feel free to ask. This forum has some nice people.. and maybe a few mean ones.. hahahahaha.. Thanks again.. Cheers.. Ron

guitarman008
01-02-13, 22:37

Opinions?

I just got my LE6920 a month ago and love the new Super Stock's performance. Rock Solid and very light, comfortable. I think aesthetically it's a great fit too.

Displaced Texan
01-03-13, 08:00
I'd like to try the Colt/Rogers stock. Have an eye out for a used one, but they seem to get picked up pretty quickly.

MoCop
01-03-13, 11:45
I've only had my 6920 for a month now but really like the rogers stock.

DocH
01-03-13, 11:57
Picked up two 6920's before Christmas,both had the Rogers.
They are both tight,not the slightest movement,and I shoot fine with them.I'm not going to change them out for the latest cool factor.
It's all about the shooter anyway,not keeping up with the Jones's. I can't tell a twits worth of difference in any of them as far as my own performance goes. Pistol grips are another story.I like anything over the factory issue,and already pulled those and swapped 'em.

warpigM-4
01-03-13, 12:34
I bought a Complete Colt Lower from Grant last year and it came with the rogers stock it was ok .But I ended up putting My "N1" stock on it;

I just like the looks of that one Better .But the rogers Seem to lock up tight But I really wasn't to sure of the locking lever on the side .

Displaced Texan
01-03-13, 12:42
I bought a Complete Colt Lower from Grant last year and it came with the rogers stock it was ok .But I ended up putting My "N1" stock on it;

I just like the looks of that one Better .But the rogers Seem to lock up tight But I really wasn't to sure of the locking lever on the side .

PM sent

ZINCOGNITO
01-03-13, 16:52
I purchased my 6940 3 weeks ago and it also came with the SS. IMO, it's better looking than the prior standard stocks. Unfortunately, it won't get any use since I have replaced it with an STR.

gan1hck
01-03-13, 17:39
Functions just like the CTR (which no one seems to complain about), but better - it locks up very tight!

I agree...locks up better than the CTR.

Rowland_P
01-03-13, 18:04
I appreciate the tight lockup on the Rogers Super Stoc. I don't think it gives up anything to the Magpul CTR. I think it looks pretty cool, too.

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l590/RowlandParks/Firearms/013-4.jpg
http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l590/RowlandParks/Firearms/008-3.jpg

I've decided to keep my newest LE6920 bone stock down to the sling Colt supplied.
http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l590/RowlandParks/Firearms/019-1.jpg

Displaced Texan
01-07-13, 15:08
I just installed one of these on my 6940. Wow... huge difference between the M4 stock and the SS.

I'm impressed with the lock up, it's longer than a standard M4 stock though, so I'll have to play with it a little to get comfortable.

So far I like it, but need a couple of range trips to make a final decision.