Packman73
04-14-12, 15:11
Anyone subscribe to this theory?

Kokopelli
04-14-12, 15:12
Of course.. History tells us as much.. Ron

Safetyhit
04-14-12, 15:22
Watching the silly new commentators on the History channel (you know, the one with the hair and the one who frantically taps at his fingers wild-eyed), I'd say no. But beyond those fools I'd have to say it is at the very least a possibility. Impossible to rule it out anyway.

Packman73
04-14-12, 15:37
I've got to say, being an open-minded Christian, that I'm a believer.

Moose-Knuckle
04-14-12, 16:42
Please remember this theory has been around long before History Channel was looking to fill another prime time spot.

(I'll re-post this here)
In 2009 there was a German super computer that spit out an algorithm with an estimated 500,000,000,000 (500 billion) galaxies.

At the very low end of estimated habitable planets (based on the 100 billion galaxy estimate) they came to the number 50,000,000,000,000,000,000 (50 quintillion) planets that could sustain life as we know it.

SteyrAUG
04-14-12, 16:53
Chariots of the Gods comes to mind.

I think all the History Channel crap is speculative nonsense. While cosmic seeding "may" have been responsible for the origin of life on the planet I don't think aliens have ever visited us or helped us build anything.

I find it probable that there is intelligent life in the universe, I just don't think they've ever wasted their time coming here. But people enjoy believing all kinds of absurd and ridiculous things and the history channel has the programming to prove it.

baffle Stack
04-14-12, 17:00
Yes
http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/9c2/bf9/0a4/resized/ancient-aliens-invisible-something-meme-generator-i-m-not-saying-it-was-aliens-but-it-was-aliens-c549c7.jpg

Safetyhit
04-14-12, 18:09
Yep, that's the guy. :rolleyes:

He brings the show(s) down unfortunately, but it is possible that the Dogon at the very least were visited at some time. There is some interesting evidence there, though perhaps not glamorous enough for the likes of that odd fellow.

Crow Hunter
04-14-12, 18:12
I haven't seen that particular show you are talking about, so tell me to shut up if you want to.

But one of the theories that I have always seen mentioned is the fact that pyramids are found all over as signs.

Until someone discovered the arch and flying buttresses you could only pile rocks/dirt/etc one way without it collapsing. That is a pyramid.

Give any kid a bunch of dirt and tell him to build something tall. You always get a pyramid.

I can't confirm or deny alien visitation. But I do deny pyramids as "proof".

Sorry, that is one of my pet peeves.:o

Packman73
04-14-12, 18:31
Proof!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Hp2Qgxr30o

WillBrink
04-14-12, 18:44

I go back and forth. Some evidence is very compelling, but most of it is serious grasping at straws and or already dis proven, and crazy hair guy -and ilk - don't help their cause. I'm keeping an open mind, but not so open my brain falls out.

Kokopelli
04-14-12, 18:51
I can't really see us being the only life, beyond that it's all just speculation really. Ron

Moose-Knuckle
04-14-12, 18:51
I haven't seen that particular show you are talking about, so tell me to shut up if you want to.

But one of the theories that I have always seen mentioned is the fact that pyramids are found all over as signs.

Until someone discovered the arch and flying buttresses you could only pile rocks/dirt/etc one way without it collapsing. That is a pyramid.

Give any kid a bunch of dirt and tell him to build something tall. You always get a pyramid.

I can't confirm or deny alien visitation. But I do deny pyramids as "proof".

Sorry, that is one of my pet peeves.:o

Pyramids are an interesting sort. Our brightest at MIT, Cal Tech, et al still can't figure out how they were constructed. Egyptologist tell us that the pyramids at Giza are tombs. One problem with this "truth" is that there has never been any sort sarcophagus found in any of them.

Safetyhit
04-14-12, 18:59
Pyramids are an interesting sort. Our brightest at MIT, Cal Tech, et al still can't figure out how they were constructed. Egyptologist tell us that the pyramids at Giza are tombs. One problem with this "truth" is that there has never been any sort sarcophagus found in any of them.

There is an extremely famous, large sarcophagus in the great pyramid. The mummy was lost to vandals in antiquity, but the coffin is still there. Has a big piece of an upper corner missing, believe it's made of black granite.

Safetyhit
04-14-12, 19:09

The group I referred to are an African tribe that reference beings from a star next to Sirius, nothing to do with pyramids which we all know were build by man.

"Certain researchers investigating the Dogon have reported that they seem to possess advanced astronomical knowledge, the nature and source of which have subsequently become embroiled in controversy. From 1931 to 1956 the French anthropologist Marcel Griaule studied the Dogon. This included field missions ranging from several days to two months in 1931, 1935, 1937 and 1938 and then annually from 1946 until 1956. In late 1946 Griaule spent a consecutive thirty-three days in conversations with the Dogon wiseman Ogotemmêli, the source of much of Griaule and Dieterlen's future publications. They reported that the Dogon believe that the brightest star in the sky, Sirius (sigi tolo or 'star of the Sigui'), has two companion stars, pō tolo (the Digitaria star), and ęmmę ya tolo, (the female Sorghum star), respectively the first and second companions of Sirius A. Sirius, in the Dogon system, formed one of the foci for the orbit of a tiny star, the companionate Digitaria star. When Digitaria is closest to Sirius, that star brightens: when it is farthest from Sirius, it gives off a twinkling effect that suggests to the observer several stars. The orbit cycle takes 60 years. They also claimed that the Dogon appeared to know of the rings of Saturn, and the moons of Jupiter.

Griaule and Dieterlen were puzzled by this Sudanese star system, and prefaced their analysis with the following remark:-

The problem of knowing how, with no instruments at their disposal, men could know the movements and certain characteristics of virtually invisible stars has not been settled, nor even posed."

Moose-Knuckle
04-14-12, 19:20
There is an extremely famous, large sarcophagus in the great pyramid. The mummy was lost to vandals in antiquity, but the coffin is still there. Has a big piece of an upper corner missing, believe it's made of black granite.

Areospace engineer Christopher Dunn has wrote a book on his theory of the great pyramid and the black granite box.

"Climbing into the black granite box that is set into the floor of the chamber, I placed my 12-inch straight edge on the inside surface of the box. The edge had been prepared differently than the other straight edge I used in 1995, as it had a chamfer on both corners. To all who were interested, I slid this edge along the smooth interior of the granite box with my flashlight shining behind it and demonstrated its exact precision. But while I was doing it, in the back of my mind I was anxious to perform other tests. The squareness of the corners was of critical importance to me. Modern machine axes are aligned orthogonally, or exactly perpendicular, to each other to assure accuracy. This state assures us that the corners cut into an object on the machine are square and true.

The requirements for producing this condition go beyond coincidental simplicity. I wasn't expecting the corners of the sarcophagus to be perfectly square, for perfection is extremely difficult to achieve. However, I was not prepared for the degree of perfection I found. I was flabbergasted as I slid my precision square along the top of the parallel (I used the top of the parallel to raise the square above the corner radius) and it fit perfectly on the adjacent surface. "Bloody Hell!" I exclaimed as the significance of this find came over me. I pointed it out to others in the group (Alan Alford spent the next few days mimicking me with a good natured "bloody hell"). The film crew was busy capturing it on video as I went to each corner and found the same condition. On three corners the square sat flush against both surfaces. One corner had a gap that was detected by the light test, though it was probably only about .001 inch.

So not only do we have an artifact with perfectly flat surfaces, the inside corners are also perfectly square. What else is significant about this so-called sarcophagus? The corners themselves! After conducting the test with the parallel and the square, I pulled out my radius gauges to check the corner radius. As I checked the corner, I chuckled to myself with memories of a documentary I had seen in March.

Those of you who saw the Fox Special early this year will remember the world's foremost Egyptologist and director of the Giza Plateau, Zahi Hawass, pick up a dolerite ball in the bedrock chamber under one of the satellite pyramids next to Khephren's pyramid. He was describing to the Fox anchor, Suzie Koppel, the Egyptologist's theory of the methods the ancient Egyptians used to create granite artifacts. This method involves bashing the granite with a round ball until the desired shape is achieved.

I'm not disputing that this is a viable means of creating a box, and, indeed, there is evidence at Memphis near Saqqara that some boxes were created in this manner.

This box had large corner radii, it was extremely rough and tapered toward the bottom. Exactly what you would expect to produce using a stone ball. However, as Hawass was wielding his 8-inch diameter ball in front of the cameras, my attention was riveted on the shiny, black so-called "sarcophagus" behind him, which sat in mute contradiction to what he was proposing. The inside of this box had the same appearance as the box inside Khafre's pyramid. The surfaces appeared smooth and precise, but more importantly, the inside corners were equally as sharp as what I witnessed in Khafre's pyramid. Just looking at it you could see that to create such an artifact with an 8-inch diameter ball would be impossible!

Likewise, creating the corner radius of the box inside Khafre's pyramid using such primitive methods would be impossible. Checking this corner radius with my radius gauges, I started with a half-inch radius gauge and had to keep working my way down in size until selecting the correct one. The inside corner radius of the box inside Khafre's pyramid checked 3/32 inch. The radius at the bottom, where the floor of the box met the wall, checked 7/16 inch. It should go without saying that you cannot fit an 8-inch ball into a corner with a 3/32 radius, or even a 1-inch radius.

It is an incredible piece of work. One that speaks of high technology in its creation as well as its use. Even if we put aside the question of how it was manufactured, it still begs the question, "for what primitive purpose would we find it necessary to hold such precision and accuracy?" If we understand what it takes to perform such work, and recognize our conditioned preconceived ideas about history and prehistory, we are left with no alternative but to accept that highly advanced civilizations did exist in prehistory.

Artifacts such as these fly in the face of any previous explanations of the ancient Egyptians stone cutting methods. Egyptologists are now abandoning their previous assertions that these marvelous granite artifacts were cut using copper chisels, and I applauded them for such honesty. Moreover, there have been recent plausible demonstrations of how the ancient Egyptians cut granite using primitive methods by Denys Stocks and Mark Lehner
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/lostempires/obelisk/cutting.html ). However, what has been demonstrated does not come close to explaining the remarkable precision, geometry and tool marks cut into the stones found on the Giza Plateau and other sites in Egypt."

http://www.gizapower.com/Articles/return.html

Safetyhit
04-14-12, 19:36
Areospace engineer Christopher Dunn has wrote a book on his theory of the great pyramid and the black granite box.

So what the world believes to be an obvious sarcophagus, inside an essentially typical tomb (except for it's size), you consider a "box". I see...

As far as the article goes, I personally can't imaging how difficult it would be to create such an object with primitive tools. But then again, we have countless stone sculptures all over the world that attest to such an ability. Look at some of the human sculptures carved by hand 2,000 plus years ago. Many have surfaces so smooth and perfect they defy imagination itself, yet they are there.

Remember, back then there was no TV, no computers, no cell phones, nothing that we relate to today or even decades ago. This was their life, generations of families grew to become masons. They perfected their meticulous and time consuming work in a way that we simply can not relate to anymore. Therefore it just seems impossible to us.

Moose-Knuckle
04-14-12, 19:55
So what the world believes to be an obvious sarcophagus, inside an essentially typical tomb (except for it's size), you consider a "box". I see...

As far as the article goes, I personally can't imaging how difficult it would be to create such an object with primitive tools. But then again, we have countless stone sculptures all over the world that attest to such an ability. Look at some of the human sculptures carved by hand 2,000 plus years ago. Many have surfaces so smooth and perfect they defy imagination itself, yet they are there.

Remember, back then there was no TV, no computers, no cell phones, nothing that we relate to today or even decades ago. This was their life, generations of families grew to become masons. They perfected their meticulous and time consuming work in a way that we simply can not relate to anymore. Therefore it just seems impossible to us.

Actually what Mr. Dunn is pointing out (from his mechanical engineering background) is that the black granite box, among other things, were constructed with such exact tolerances that we CANNOT make anything like that in this day and age with all of our modern technology. It's easier to say, "yeap that once housed a mummy". No records have ever been discovered saying what king was entombed in the great pyramid.

Anything regarding the pyramids asks more questions than they answer.

Personally, I find the Great Pyramids boring. I prefer to read on the following sites:

The stone of the South-Hadjar el Gouble, which weighs 2000 TONS. Modern day heavy lift cranes cannot even begin to move such weight.

The temple at Ba'albek, with it's 800 TON foundation stones.

The 11,000 year Gobekli Tepe which was buried on purpose in modern day Turkey.

Pumapunku in modern day Bolivia which has not been able to even be dated yet.

JohnnyC
04-14-12, 20:12
My biggest peeve about the whole theory is that is basically paints ancient humanity as a bunch of dolts, refusing to give them credit for any intelligence or ingenuity.

I've been to the pyramids at Giza (and seen the sarcophagus), I've been to the pyramids at Teotihuacan. They are both absolutely incredible feats of engineering. We put a man on the moon, also an incredible feat of engineering, especially considering the computing power of any high schoolers graphing calculator eclipses that of the Apollo missions. Two completely separate instances with only one thing tying them together, effing smarts.

The bottom line is that humanity has done incredible things, more with less, for thousands of years. It's a dick move to claim that ancient peoples weren't intelligent enough to do work like a boss. Just because we can't grasp how they did it back then doesn't mean they couldn't do it to begin with. Maybe we're the idiots and they were the geniuses, either way, humanity is the common denominator, not some funny little dude with a big head and a cigarette addiction.

Do aliens exist? I'm sure they do. Have we been visited? I'm not willing to discount it from the realm of possibility. Did aliens do all the stuff that people think ancient people were too stupid to do? HIGHLY doubtful.

SteyrAUG
04-14-12, 20:39

You really need to do some more research on this subject.

Moose-Knuckle
04-14-12, 20:42
My biggest peeve about the whole theory is that is basically paints ancient humanity as a bunch of dolts, refusing to give them credit for any intelligence or ingenuity.

I've been to the pyramids at Giza (and seen the sarcophagus), I've been to the pyramids at Teotihuacan. They are both absolutely incredible feats of engineering. We put a man on the moon, also an incredible feat of engineering, especially considering the computing power of any high schoolers graphing calculator eclipses that of the Apollo missions. Two completely separate instances with only one thing tying them together, effing smarts.

The bottom line is that humanity has done incredible things, more with less, for thousands of years. It's a dick move to claim that ancient peoples weren't intelligent enough to do work like a boss. Just because we can't grasp how they did it back then doesn't mean they couldn't do it to begin with. Maybe we're the idiots and they were the geniuses, either way, humanity is the common denominator, not some funny little dude with a big head and a cigarette addiction.

Do aliens exist? I'm sure they do. Have we been visited? I'm not willing to discount it from the realm of possibility. Did aliens do all the stuff that people think ancient people were too stupid to do? HIGHLY doubtful.

It's not that anyone is doubting the limits of mankind, it's that why all of sudden 6000 years ago we started writing things down and building impossible structures? What changed? Why can we not duplicate their methods? Why build such structures in the first place, "the path of least resistence" and all that.

The shear numbers boggle the mind, http://www.hitchins.net/PyrCalc.html#Rates

and this before the invetion of the simple machine known as the pulley.

SteyrAUG
04-14-12, 20:44

And THANK YOU.

It's like suggesting aliens came here and gave us the clovis point. One could easily do an entire episode about how it suddenly appeared out of nowhere and was radically advanced technology that no simple human could have the engineering background to devise. And there is no way to conclusively PROVE aliens didn't give it to us.

And if you ran such an episode I'm confident 30% if the population would be stunned and amazed and quote it as "proof."

Moose-Knuckle
04-14-12, 20:45
You really need to do some more research on this subject.

Umm, yeah okay I'll do mine and you do yours. . .

SteyrAUG
04-14-12, 20:58
Umm, yeah okay I'll do mine and you do yours. . .

Do I really need to post the pictures of me and Dr. Hawass?

I'm not trying to pick on you but we have a pretty good idea of how the pyramids were built, when they were built, who actually built them and why. And we didn't get any of those answers from guys at MIT or Cal Tech because they really aren't the guys to ask about these things.

We also know why mummified remains were removed and transferred to the Valley of the Kings.

Now certainly we don't know EVERYTHING and our answers have been revised over time as new evidence was discovered, but the ideas promoted on ridiculous shows like Ancient Aliens certainly aren't what happened.

Moose-Knuckle
04-15-12, 03:18

I'm not trying to pick on you but we have a pretty good idea of how the pyramids were built, when they were built, who actually built them and why. And we didn't get any of those answers from guys at MIT or Cal Tech because they really aren't the guys to ask about these things.

We also know why mummified remains were removed and transferred to the Valley of the Kings.

Now certainly we don't know EVERYTHING and our answers have been revised over time as new evidence was discovered, but the ideas promoted on ridiculous shows like Ancient Aliens certainly aren't what happened.

Picking? Nah, I don’t think you are picking on me. I’ve been ostracized most of my life for questioning the status quo. Zahi is one of countless experts to explore ancient Egypt over the centuries and he has his critics.

As with many topics, when this one comes up people get pretty dogmatic.

Vash1023
04-15-12, 09:57
post the pic steyr.... im curious what you really look like :)

and the only thing that i took away from the pyramids episode was,
when there were talking about the obelisks.
they brought in C&C machine and archeology experts.
and both agreed that the level of perfection that was mirrored on all 4 sides of the obelisk couldnt have been done by hand tools or hands for that matter., espicially using copper tools of the "time period".

so im not saying it was aliens, but very advance technology for that time period to make 4 sides of a giant stone obelisk match down to the thousands of an inch.

austinN4
04-15-12, 10:10
I agree, having been in both the King's and Queen's chambers.

But what was most amazing to me was the engineering that went into designing and building the Grand Gallery. The overall length is 157 feet and inclines at 26 degrees. The walls are 28 feet high, rising vertically in 7 courses of polished limestone, each corbeled 3 inches toward the center, making the gallery narrow from 62 inches at the base to 41 inches at the top. The fit between the stones is seemingly impossibly precise.

austinN4
04-15-12, 10:34
Proof!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Hp2Qgxr30o

Watching this, I was reminded of other similar feats of engineering such as the city complex on top of Machu Picchu where the stone quarry was alll the way down the near vertical mountain along the Urubamba River.

And the huge stone Moai, which were quarried from the inner core of the Rano Rarku volcano on Easter Island.

Just to name a few.

Crow Hunter
04-15-12, 11:59
Just an aside.

You can polish just about anything with sand. And there is a lot of sand in Egypt.;) (Heck we used grinding "stones" with walnut shells in them to grind steel.)

You can move anything if you can overcome static friction.

You can make straight edge with a string.

You would be surprised what can be produced with just basic "machines". Levers, inclines, etc.

I don't know why an "engineer" would make the comment that we can't make something and then use a "light test" to determine gap. He brought a square but no micrometers or taper gauges... And .001" is significant? That is .0254 mm.

We used to have our gauge masters ground to a .00005 mm tolerance and we held our production parts thickness variation to .009mm and we were just cutting brake rotors...

Failure2Stop
04-15-12, 12:21
Whether or not aliens exist or ever came to earth, it's pretty clear that if they did they don't give a **** about us anymore, and if they did originally they only seem to have contributed huge landmarks and otherwise useless information, so what's the point?

austinN4
04-15-12, 12:54
..................................., and if they did originally they only seem to have contributed huge landmarks and otherwise useless information, so what's the point?
Maybe you just don't know how the read the huge landmarks and otherwise useless information. :smile:

Myself, I am keeping an open mind on the subject - maybe yes, maybe no.

Dave_M
04-15-12, 14:04

Yep. It's referred to as an, 'argument of incredulity' which roughly translates to, 'I personally do not have the imagination nor brainpower to figure out how XYZ was done. Therefore God/Aliens/Jesus/Zeus.'

In regards to the question of extraterrestrial life, I like the Clarke quote:
"Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying."

WillBrink
04-15-12, 14:07
Whether or not aliens exist or ever came to earth, it's pretty clear that if they did they don't give a **** about us anymore,

So we currently rate :cool:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b374/willbrink/tumblr_l7sbx8lkuB1qc8pm4o1_400.gif

WillBrink
04-15-12, 14:23
Just an aside.

You can polish just about anything with sand. And there is a lot of sand in Egypt.;) (Heck we used grinding "stones" with walnut shells in them to grind steel.)

You can move anything if you can overcome static friction.

You can make straight edge with a string.

You would be surprised what can be produced with just basic "machines". Levers, inclines, etc.

I don't know why an "engineer" would make the comment that we can't make something and then use a "light test" to determine gap. He brought a square but no micrometers or taper gauges... And .001" is significant? That is .0254 mm.

We used to have our gauge masters ground to a .00005 mm tolerance and we held our production parts thickness variation to .009mm and we were just cutting brake rotors...

There's a lot of things that leave one going "how the fu&% did they do that?" that is compelling. Problem is, that does not translate into "proof" of alien assistance per se. I'm open minded to the concept, but it does nothing but ruin any validity when tin foil types - who don't have the expertise to really have an opinion on the issue - accept the "facts" of other tin foil hat types who also lack expertise, and so forth.

Vid someone posted claiming X rock can't be cut with anything but a diamond saw, a simple quick look finds that stone used by all manner of civilizations, so either all of them has aliens cutting shit for them, or they figured out how to work with it.

People should question the "facts" fed to them and attempt to dig into that which truly does baffle those with the expertise, and those facts actually no longer a mystery.

Reminds of those who deny human evolution with the "there's no between fossils" when since that dumb statement was made decades ago, a TON of fossils found, showing the known evolution of mankind and so forth, not to mention genetics ended any question there, but that's another topic.

When "experts" were baffled by how various things took/take place, it's best to actually go see if X is still a mystery. It may not be and may be old news in the community, sort of like "aerobics burns fat" to a physiologist but the fitness types (read lack modern understanding of exercise phys) refuse to let go of the concept.

SteyrAUG
04-15-12, 15:26
Picking? Nah, I don’t think you are picking on me. I’ve been ostracized most of my life for questioning the status quo. Zahi is one of countless experts to explore ancient Egypt over the centuries and he has his critics.

As with many topics, when this one comes up people get pretty dogmatic.

My mentioning Dr. Hawass wasn't to suggest that he is somehow unimpeachable and without error, it was simply to give an indication of how much I actually do study this subject. Suffice to say, enough to pay to attend lectures by recognized experts.

I too try to avoid dogmatic acceptance of things, I've seen history correct itself far too many times to think there was the Gospel of Howard Carter and that is all we really need to know.

But at the same time just because Robert M. Schoch has made an interesting observation about water erosion on the Sphinx, I don't think that necessarily rewrites the entire history of the monument. Although like many people I think it probably was recarved from a previously existing monument.

There have been a lot of really interesting alternative theories over the ages, and some like "Atlantis: The Antediluvian World" seemed to really answer everything at the time. Of course we know now that it was nothing more than speculation.

QuickStrike
04-15-12, 16:29
That ancient aliens show is somewhat amusing to watch sometimes. Some episodes are dumber than others though.

According to them, basically anything that is unexplained and mysterious is because of the aliens. :D

Even if there is a government cover-up or something, these shows basically serve to undermine any sort of credibility for people wanting to expose the truth. Some bogus crap on there.

I also don't think knowing the truth is really a benefit. Some say that society would collapse if we do not see ourselves in control. Religion for one, would be toast.

Anybody remember that wiki-leaks was suppose to come out with something about UFO's in its next batch?

I can't help thinking in the back of my mind, that some group of people wanted to crush all his credibility and shut him up with some dirt.

Yes, he's still a bastard.

Safetyhit
04-15-12, 18:28

Sounds like a threat to me, I better report this post.

:)

Actually please do...

feedramp
04-15-12, 19:10
I have two things to contribute to this discussion.

One: http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/entertainment/movies/first-look-five-things-you-need-to-know-about-alien-prequel-prometheus/story-e6freeuc-1226229161979
References: 1 (http://aliens.wikia.com/wiki/Mala%27kak) 2 (https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&hl=en&source=hp&biw=1677&bih=953&q=The+Navigator+Alien&gbv=2&oq=The+Navigator+Alien&aq=f&aqi=g1&aql=1&gs_l=img.3..0.874l4522l0l4680l21l21l1l9l10l0l149l1233l4j7l11l0.cpsugrstma.1.#hl=en&gbv=2&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=space+jockey&oq=space+jockey&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=1&gs_l=img.3..0l10.149065l151448l2l151524l16l14l0l4l4l1l168l901l7j2l10l0.cpsugrstma.1.&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=3c7d12b30b4f56a8&biw=1677&bih=953) 3 (http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Space_Jockey)

Two: Conspiracy Keanu. Examples: 1 (http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3ok12q/) 2 (http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3oknnm/) 3 (http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3ojmyw/)

Kokopelli
04-15-12, 19:22
Could be where the Rogers stock came from...;)Ron

SteyrAUG
04-15-12, 19:54
Could be where the Rogers stock came from...;)Ron

Now that you mention it I have seen photos of a flying wing type craft over Area 51 that looks suspiciously similar. Clearly alien derived technology.

Zhurdan
04-15-12, 23:06
Yep. It's referred to as an, 'argument of incredulity' which roughly translates to, 'I personally do not have the imagination nor brainpower to figure out how XYZ was done. Therefore God/Aliens/Jesus/Zeus.'

In regards to the question of extraterrestrial life, I like the Clarke quote:
"Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying."

Is that anything like "Rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock?"

I personally like the line from "Contact"... "seems lika an awful waste of space" if there isn't anything else out there.

Moose-Knuckle
04-16-12, 04:36
My mentioning Dr. Hawass wasn't to suggest that he is somehow unimpeachable and without error, it was simply to give an indication of how much I actually do study this subject. Suffice to say, enough to pay to attend lectures by recognized experts.

I too try to avoid dogmatic acceptance of things, I've seen history correct itself far too many times to think there was the Gospel of Howard Carter and that is all we really need to know.

But at the same time just because Robert M. Schoch has made an interesting observation about water erosion on the Sphinx, I don't think that necessarily rewrites the entire history of the monument. Although like many people I think it probably was recarved from a previously existing monument.

There have been a lot of really interesting alternative theories over the ages, and some like "Atlantis: The Antediluvian World" seemed to really answer everything at the time. Of course we know now that it was nothing more than speculation.

The Ancient Astronaut theory is one school of thought and something that I have always kept an open mind to, another is lost technologies from advanced human civilizations. After the fall of Rome we saw how the "Dark Ages" consumed Western Europe, a lot of things that the Romans took for granted took humans another couple of centuries to figure out again. We regress as a species and it takes a while to regain that lost ground. If in fact Atlantis was real and or Lumania and Lemuria then it would make since that the Earth would be dotted with ancient structures whose construction methods raise such debates.

As for the Sphinx I too feel that it was a recarving of a preexisting structure. I saw a documentary once that a crew using ground penetrating radar found a void under the front right paw. The Egyptian government forbids any excavations of the sight. Maybe Edgar Casey was right and there is an Atlantian hall of records there?

CarlosDJackal
04-16-12, 09:57

I personally don't care. It's ancient history!! :dance3:

WillBrink
04-16-12, 12:34
I personally don't care. It's ancient history!! :dance3:

Which brings us to the modern UFO phenomenon... Maybe best put in a dedicated thread? :dirol:

Mauser KAR98K
04-17-12, 00:41
One thing I have concluded over all this...Coast to Coast got a T.V. show on a major network.

sigh....