PDA

View Full Version : AAC SR5/SR7 release and reviews?

1911-A1
04-14-12, 18:52
I haven't found a whole lot on the new AAC cans. What is the current status? I see they are up on AAC's site, but no release dates. I see "April" mentioned here and there, but that's it.

I also didn't see any reviews or evaluations done on them. Does anyone know what's going on with them? I wanna get the ball rolling on an SR7 for my first can.

EODcrawler
04-20-12, 19:07
I too would LOVE an answer to this. I'm about to purchase my first can and want to see a review or video of one of these. Anyone?

Eurodriver
04-20-12, 19:23
At the rate NFA transfer times are increasing, I would place money that only a handful of people have their SR5s before NEXT SHOT show.

If they sent a Form 4 for an M4-2000 to the ATF in November, it would be approved by now.

GlocksInMySocks
04-20-12, 22:14
put an order in for a SR7 this week, hopefully will be to the dealer this month.

Looked around at a bunch of dealers, PM me if you want to know who I found had the lowest price.

will_dearborn919
04-30-12, 09:21
I shot the SR5 on a 10.5 inch at the Texas silencer shoot this past weekend. It was pretty impressive, though I can't compare it to the m4-2000 since I haven't shit one. The AAC rep said they will be shipping them out soon, with in the next couple months I believe. I also shot the Silencerco Saker, and that was pretty bad ass too.

Eurodriver
04-30-12, 10:13
I shot the SR5 on a 10.5 inch at the Texas silencer shoot this past weekend. It was pretty impressive, though I can't compare it to the m4-2000 since I haven't shit one. The AAC rep said they will be shipping them out soon, with in the next couple months I believe. I also shot the Silencerco Saker, and that was pretty bad ass too.

Next couple of MONTHS?

Bahaha, "Wait for SHOT" people must be sucking it hard right now.

GlocksInMySocks
04-30-12, 10:22
Next couple of MONTHS?

Bahaha, "Wait for SHOT" people must be sucking it hard right now.

Ha, well, I waited until I had just some extra cash laying around. But yes, I didn't think it was possible, but this actually sucks and blows at the same time.

will_dearborn919
04-30-12, 10:45
Don't hold me 100% to all of this though, I was talking to him and my friend was too, while we were trading off shooting the supressors and we each caught half of each others conversations. So there may be more to it.

Eurodriver
05-02-12, 21:26
Ha, well, I waited until I had just some extra cash laying around. But yes, I didn't think it was possible, but this actually sucks and blows at the same time.

It just really irritates me when the NFA people start with the "Wait for SHOT" trash around November. The people that say that must be FFL/SOTs that get their toys within a couple weeks because I would gladly settle for last year's model if that meant I would have it a year before next year's.

I've said it before - One could have bought an M4-2000 in November and had it by now. Instead, some people (and I don't mean you, GIMS) waited until SHOT showed the SR5, and they still haven't even pre-ordered one.

At the rate NFA times are increasing (About 1 month every 3 months) it makes sense to buy what is in stock and available now, because buy the time the latest and greatest is available there will be yet another latest and greatest available but you'll at least have a really old model by then.

Kill By Number
05-04-12, 18:50
Just a FYI but i called the NFA branch last week to check on a form 4 for a customer and she told me current wait times on Form 4s are running 6 months. Not what i wanted to hear but thought I'd share.

Brahmzy
06-07-12, 00:15
Any update on the SR5s, SR7s and mounts?

Ready to go here....

Can't find crap out about release dates on these things.

Pappabear
06-07-12, 10:49
They un ashamed idly told me 6 months too.

yellowfin
06-07-12, 11:03
We REALLY need a pro gun president to tell the ATF to put 30-200 more people in that room and start moving these forms in 2 weeks instead of 6-10 months.

Brahmzy
06-07-12, 11:27
I'd be happy with 2 months again, LOL. That's what I had with my very first F1'd lower - not too bad. This is pretty ridiculous right now though.

KalashniKEV
06-07-12, 14:51
I have 2 F1's coming right up on 6 months.

I'm hoping my Christmas present to myself can be a birthday present.

WS6
06-10-12, 18:01

Completely OT, but I laughed. Thanks!

I am curious how the new mount does.

Brahmzy
07-06-12, 11:08
Any news on release? I'm dyin here, lol.

RCO'B
07-15-12, 15:51
Talked to Mike Mers on Thursday. Dealers should be getting their first shipments in mid to late August.

Brahmzy
07-17-12, 07:39
Talked to Mike Mers on Thursday. Dealers should be getting their first shipments in mid to late August.

Bout time!

Noodles
07-24-12, 18:03

Sounds like he lied right to your face.

AAC sent out a memo saying no SR5 or SR7 until January 2013... Which really means Feb/March at the earliest.

Dionysusigma
07-24-12, 19:46
Of 2014. :shout:

Should one just give up waiting on these and just order what's already out? Are these really so cool that waiting an unacceptably long time is worth it?

rjacobs
07-24-12, 19:59
Should one just give up waiting on these and just order what's already out? Are these really so cool that waiting an unacceptably long time is worth it?

You cant even get whats already "available". My dealer has been waiting on word of a fairly large order of cans since February with no word from AAC on them. He's been trying to get a hold of a SDN-6 for me, but that is proving impossible.

DJTHEMAC
07-24-12, 22:42
Sounds like he lied right to your face.

AAC sent out a memo saying no SR5 or SR7 until January 2013... Which really means Feb/March at the earliest.

agreed silencertalk admin stated 6m to 1 year earliest

WS6
07-25-12, 08:27
Wait for SHOT, guys! :p

Sorry, hate when companies do this.

krm375
09-09-12, 09:32
Any Changes to the release date of these?

everyusernametaken
09-09-12, 10:53
Mr. Silvers said they're not coming out any time soon, no plans to stop current production of the high-demand SDN-6. I was told at least a year away.

Sort of odd thing I saw the other day when I stopped by Virginia Arms, they had a mock/inert SR7 on display, and I saw the 90-tooth mount.

AAC has had these SR5/7 cans and 90T mounts on their website for several months already, and they've already provided display models to dealers, so it's odd that they've throttled back on the release of this new line. Then again, they won't be a major improvement over the current products in terms of performance. It seems like the tapered mount is the most significant functional change.

Quiet Riot
09-09-12, 16:56
I heard speculation of a rumor through hearsay that the tapered mount didn't want to let go of a suppressor after heavy use in the field.

AAC thought they had a great thing in that design, but it seems that they did the right thing and went back to the drawing board even though they had a lot of time and money invested in promoting the 90T.

J Krammes
09-09-12, 20:07
I still think the 51T mount will prove to be a better mount.

JasonM
09-09-12, 20:08
I think it's more that they realized they can't even make enough of the cans they already offer...

Combined with the fact that they didn't win the latest SOCOM contract ( the 90T was submitted for that), so why rush it into production now?

everyusernametaken
09-09-12, 22:38
I think it's more that they realized they can't even make enough of the cans they already offer...

I was surprised to find that VA Arms had Tirants in stock, as I was buying a Tirant 9 the other day when I was there. They said they will be getting more SDN-6s soon, at which point I'll be buying one of them as well.

They certainly seem to have plenty of demand for the Tirants, M4-2K and SDN-6. If they can continue to thrive on proven products, then I'm all for holding off on a new line in favor of known quantities. I was initially concerned about buying into a product that might be obsolete by the time I receive it, but I've since come to the conclusion that we're not facing that sort of thing now with the SR7.

JasonM
09-09-12, 23:02
I was surprised to find that VA Arms had Tirants in stock, as I was buying a Tirant 9 the other day when I was there. They said they will be getting more SDN-6s soon, at which point I'll be buying one of them as well.

They certainly seem to have plenty of demand for the Tirants, M4-2K and SDN-6. If they can continue to thrive on proven products, then I'm all for holding off on a new line in favor of known quantities. I was initially concerned about buying into a product that might be obsolete by the time I receive it, but I've since come to the conclusion that we're not facing that sort of thing now with the SR7.

The N-6 is a great option, and internally the same as the SR-7. modifications were made to the mount section of course, and the cut outs on the front of the tube, but performance is the same.

Ming_the_Merciless
09-11-12, 11:52
Although, AAC does not have the 90 tooth ratchet taper mounts featured on their website yet, apparently MidwayUSA does, with an expected date end of this month.

Advanced Armament Co (AAC) Blackout Flash Hider 90-Tooth Ratchet Taper Suppressor Mount Product Information
This AAC Blackout AR-15/AR-10 / LR-308 Flash Hider is an extremely efficient design that effectively eliminates muzzle flash, even on short barrels. The Open-End, 3-Prong design of the Blackout is inherently stronger than 4-prong units, and is not subject to the wear and erosion commonly encountered with closed-end designs. All Blackout Flash Suppressors are machined from high strength aerospace steel alloy and coated in a hard, durable, corrosion resistant SCARmor finish.

This 90-Tooth Blackout Flash Hider works in conjunction with AAC's Ratchet Taper Mount Silencers, an evolutionary step forward from the original 51-Tooth Ratchet Mount design. The new 90-Tooth Gear on the flash hider interfaces with a spring biased ratchet lever on the suppressor to eliminate the potential for the silencer to inadvertently unthread during firing. The Flash Hider's finer pitch external ACME Thread and improved Low Angle Body Taper snug it up securely with the correspondingly angled surface inside the silencer, creating a rock solid platform.

Technical Information
Caliber: 22 Cal/5.56mm
Thread Pitch: 1/2"-28
Common Firearm Use: AR-15, Bushmaster ACR
Length: 2.5"
Length Added to Barrel: 1.875"
Weight: 4.35 oz
Finish: SCARmor
Silencer Mount: Ratchet Taper Mount, Compatible with SR5 and SR7 Silencers
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/860956/advanced-armament-co-aac-blackout-flash-hider-90-tooth-ratchet-taper-suppressor-mount-556mm-ar-15-1-2-28-thread-steel-matte

Technical Information
Caliber: 30 Cal/7.62mm (Also 6.8 and 6.5mm)
Thread Pitch: 5/8"-24, .625" Socket
Common Firearm Use: Larue Tactical OBR
Length: 2.5"
Length Added to Barrel: 1.875"
Weight: 4.35 oz
Silencer Mount: Ratchet Taper Mount, Compatible with SR7 Silencers
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/110419/advanced-armament-co-aac-blackout-flash-hider-90-tooth-ratchet-taper-suppressor-mount-762mm-larue-obr-5-8-24-thread-625-socket-steel-matte

Advanced Armament Co (AAC) Blackout Muzzle Brake 90-Tooth Ratchet Taper Suppressor Mount Product Information
This AAC Blackout AR-15/AR-10 / LR-308 Muzzle Brake is a highly efficient and effective brake designed to significantly reduce recoil and help keep shooters on target for faster shot-to-shot recovery. All Blackout Muzzle Brakes are machined from high strength aerospace 17-4 stainless steel alloy and coated in a hard, durable, corrosion resistant SCARmor finish.

This 90-Tooth Blackout Muzzle Brake works in conjunction with AAC's Ratchet Taper Mount Silencers, an evolutionary step forward from the original 51-Tooth Ratchet Mount design. The new 90-Tooth Gear on the brake interfaces with a spring biased ratchet lever on the suppressor to eliminate the potential for the silencer to inadvertently unthread during firing. The Muzzle Brake's finer pitch external ACME Thread and improved Low Angle Body Taper snug it up securely with the correspondingly angled surface inside the silencer, creating a rock solid platform.

Technical Information
Caliber: 22 Cal/5.56mm
Thread Pitch: 1/2"-28
Common Firearm Use: AR-15, Bushmaster ACR
Silencer Mount: Ratchet Taper Mount, Compatible with SR5 and SR7 Silencers
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/411242/advanced-armament-co-aac-blackout-muzzle-brake-90-tooth-ratchet-taper-suppressor-mount-556mm-ar-15-1-2-28-thread-steel-matte

Technical Information
Caliber: 30 Cal/7.62mm (Also 6.8 and 6.5mm)
Thread Pitch: 5/8"-24
Common Firearm Use: DPMS LR-308, AR-15 in 300 AAC Blackout
Silencer Mount: Ratchet Taper Mount, Compatible with SR7 Silencers
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/469394/advanced-armament-co-aac-blackout-muzzle-brake-90-tooth-ratchet-taper-suppressor-mount-762mm-ar-10-lr-308-5-8-24-thread-steel-matte

I hope this indicates that the SR5/SR7s are in production and shipping out soon.

Noodles
09-11-12, 12:09
Stumbled on the 90 tooth ratchet taper mounts on MidwayUSA, expected date end of this month

I hope this indicates that the SR5/SR7s are in production and shipping out soon.

yea... You apparently don't know how midway works. Their back order dyes are complete BS. They just move it back every two weeks until they are available.

My guess is considering that the element2 is the first 2012 SHOT product to actually ship, and AACs silence, that we won't see SR5/SR7s in dealer hands before June of next year. Just my guess.

WS6
09-11-12, 12:22
yea... You apparently don't know how midway works. Their back order dyes are complete BS. They just move it back every two weeks until they are available.

My guess is considering that the element2 is the first 2012 SHOT product to actually ship, and AACs silence, that we won't see SR5/SR7s in dealer hands before June of next year. Just my guess.

+1, I experienced this with them regarding other products.

JasonM
09-11-12, 15:19
Those expected ship dates are never close.

Robert already said that the 90T was shelved and MAYBE will be out next summer.

Noodles- they shipped the 300BLK handirifles last month.

WS6
09-11-12, 16:32
Gotta remember, AAC is now a part of something bigger, and even less civilian-focused.

zimm17
09-13-12, 19:46
I asked AAC recently (Aug) about the SR7. They said its been pulled back to the R&D phase, which means no promise of production anytime soon. I went with their recommendation and got a SDN6.